Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    vCash
    Well, 2 games in a row we've kept our opposition under 90. I guess I should wait until we play some decent competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    Sounds pretty good. Do you think Beasley will play PF properly or just continue to camp behind the 3 lol?
    Well that depends because Gentry has got to make sure they post him up and run plays for him near the basket. I would like to see more pick n roll with *drum roll* Dragic and Beasley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    Well, 2 games in a row we've kept our opposition under 90. I guess I should wait until we play some decent competition.
    We wont wait that long we go to Miami on Monday.

vCash
    1-1!!

gortat, scola and dragic were solid tonight!!

good support from beasely and brown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Good W we really needed this before our road trip. The Orl and Cha games are going to be crucia from starting either 3-2 or 4-1 as opposed to starting 1-4.
    Oh we better beat Orlando and Charlotte. These are the easy games that we should be winning.

vCash
    i know its against detroit but,

we have 2 players who posted a double-double (Gortat and Dragic)

Scola 1 rebound away from a double-double himself, Beasely 3 rebounds away

5 players in double-figure scoring

vCash
    Ugly win but a win is a win is a win!

This team is in serious trouble offensively. They need one of the wing players to step up because right now they all look terrible.

I watched this at the 16th Street Bar and Grill, I highly recommend it to anyone who lives in the valley, amazing wings (you can get em grilled!), great drink specials. The best of the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Eh I will take the win but nothing impressive here. Should have been a blowout against the Pistons imo.
    Really? I'd say they are at least as talented as us. Where we are as a team and at this point in the season i'm not expecting to blow anybody out, this isn't 2004 any more.

vCash
    Gortat's playing out of his mind! he always starts the season well.

vCash
    two things I saw.. Beasley needs to attack the basket more and Shannon Brown should be starting, Dudley could spark the bench better..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    Ugly win but a win is a win is a win!

This team is in serious trouble offensively. They need one of the wing players to step up because right now they all look terrible.

I watched this at the 16th Street Bar and Grill, I highly recommend it to anyone who lives in the valley, amazing wings (you can get em grilled!), great drink specials. The best of the best.
    You don't happen to work there do you? Sounds like an AD on PSD.

Anyways you're right wings need to step up although we did see Beasley be more aggressive he seems to just step out of the way when Dragic has the ball. I want to mention out that it wouldn't surprise me if this is by design or not. It could be both. I would really like to see some Dragic and Beasley pick n roll and have Beasley run off some screens like Ray Allen normally does. And finally as stated before Dudley needs to be on the bench to provide some balance. I think Brown and Beasley can be kept under control by Scola, Dragic and Gortat. Finally as you all know we play the Heat on Monday and Iwish we would give the ball to Scola and Gortat ALOT in this game I have a feeling that if we do we will have a great chance at beating them. Also Beasley needs to have the game of his life on D and O going up against Lebron and Battier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Oh we better beat Orlando and Charlotte. These are the easy games that we should be winning.
    Tell that to Indiana.
    I'll be at the game though to bring some luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    Gortat's playing out of his mind! he always starts the season well.
    If he keeps this up and we blow chunks this season, at least we can get a killing for him where-as we would have been lucky to get a late first rounder for him this past offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    You don't happen to work there do you? Sounds like an AD on PSD.

Anyways you're right wings need to step up although we did see Beasley be more aggressive he seems to just step out of the way when Dragic has the ball. I want to mention out that it wouldn't surprise me if this is by design or not. It could be both. I would really like to see some Dragic and Beasley pick n roll and have Beasley run off some screens like Ray Allen normally does. And finally as stated before Dudley needs to be on the bench to provide some balance. I think Brown and Beasley can be kept under control by Scola, Dragic and Gortat. Finally as you all know we play the Heat on Monday and Iwish we would give the ball to Scola and Gortat ALOT in this game I have a feeling that if we do we will have a great chance at beating them. Also Beasley needs to have the game of his life on D and O going up against Lebron and Battier.

It would be nice if Beasley ran around off screens but thats not who he is as a player. If the guy does not have the ball in his hands he does nothing, just stands there. This is who Beasley is. We can talk about how he should be more active and also attack the rim more but people have been saying that about him for 4 years. The guy does not know how to play off the ball and he avoids contact when he has the ball. So what you've got is a streaky jump shooter who is really inefficient.

IMO, Dudley should be move to the starting small forward, try out a mix of Brown, Johnson and Tucker for starting SG and play Beasley off the bench. As a bench player Beasley's habit of stopping the offensive flow wont be as damaging because we dont have a real distributor on the 2nd unit and he is only taking shots away from guys who really struggle to create their own looks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    It would be nice if Beasley ran around off screens but thats not who he is as a player. If the guy does not have the ball in his hands he does nothing, just stands there. This is who Beasley is. We can talk about how he should be more active and also attack the rim more but people have been saying that about him for 4 years. The guy does not know how to play off the ball and he avoids contact when he has the ball. So what you've got is a streaky jump shooter who is really inefficient.

IMO, Dudley should be move to the starting small forward, try out a mix of Brown, Johnson and Tucker for starting SG and play Beasley off the bench. As a bench player Beasley's habit of stopping the offensive flow wont be as damaging because we dont have a real distributor on the 2nd unit and he is only taking shots away from guys who really struggle to create their own looks.
    And you're absolutely right with the first paragraph. But in his defense whose fault is that? He's never been coached to do other wise. Yes he doesn't have the drive that a PJ Tucker or a Dragic might have but look at Melo. George Karl said chuck up as you wish just make sure half of those shots are near the rim and you get to the line. Beasley dominated the college ranks so coming into the league he was praised as the next big thing and when he actually got into the league his coaches never tried to fix that they just put him at the 3 because he can score the ball but when he hit a slump or made a bad decision his coaches just said "**** it". Is it not the job of the staff and coaches to develop the players and correct their mistakes. Just look at the Warriors game he was benched and although he missed some shots vs the Pistons he was more aggressive and actually tried to defend Prince(I know he's 32 so not much of a challenge but at least he tries). What I am getting at is that we need to see him get coached and then pull a Dennis Green and say "he is who we though he was" or maybe Gentry can light that fire on him like he did Dragic and Dudley.

2nd paragraph bro I don't agree with because putting Beasley in the bench would make our team even worse. At least in the starting line up we can hide his weaknesses and he probably will be more controlled shooting the ball as opposed to going to the bench where he will just jack up shots play unmotivated and the bench will still be as bad if not worse. Like I previously stated I prefer Dudley on the bench so he can provide balance and leadership and Scola should get PT with them as well. Thats just me though.

Finally I've heard Scola praise Beasley and he seems to be around him during practice I wish he would take both him and Morris under his wing.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast