Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Yes. But he was still damn good, his FIP was good every month but July. And his xFIP was never higher than 3.95 and was 3.65, 3.54, 2.97 in the other three.

Still, Haren is a nice get.
    But that's still not that great for a RP. FIP and xFIP for RP's aren't the strongest indicators to begin with, and none of those numbers are super awesome anyways.

Marmol looked better, but he still wasn't what I'd call a good bet as a RP until he fixed his BB/9 under 6. I'm glad to be out from under him and Dan Haren is a fantastic get.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    Closer option might also be Vizcaino if he can't stay healthy enough to start.
    #Turtlepower

Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Psyched. Honestly why are closers so damn expensive? If Haren returns to form it'll be a huge win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    But that's still not that great for a RP. FIP and xFIP for RP's aren't the strongest indicators to begin with, and none of those numbers are super awesome anyways.

Marmol looked better, but he still wasn't what I'd call a good bet as a RP until he fixed his BB/9 under 6. I'm glad to be out from under him and Dan Haren is a fantastic get.
    He's a good get. Dan Haren two years ago, like Marmol, would be a great get. Haren has lost nearly 2MPH on his fastball and his fastball has always been home run happy.

It was definitely good though. Very good even. If Haren's fastball can come back though. Holy ****.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Until this gets officially done, all I'm reminded of right now is the damn Dempster deal .
    It sounds like a little back and forth on the frameworks of a larger deal and the main part will be done by the so called deadline. I don't know on the other names But this thing is as good as done IMO and I never believe anything until it is written out in detail on ESPN.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    Until this gets officially done, all I'm reminded of right now is the damn Dempster deal .
    At least there aren't No Trade Clauses this time around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by s2obed View Post
    Psyched. Honestly why are closers so damn expensive? If Haren returns to form it'll be a huge win.
    having someone to come in and nail down a 1-2 run lead can be a huge difference in a game/season/series. I still think they are overpaid though.
    #Turtlepower

Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    Closer option might also be Vizcaino if he can't stay healthy enough to start.
    great point.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    The kid we just picked up or the kid before that or any of a slew of propects like Zych is who I see being grommed long term for that role.
    Zych wouldnt be ready for next season would he? From what I read on him 2014 is more realistic. Maybe a late season call up next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2206 View Post
    Zych wouldnt be ready for next season would he? From what I read on him 2014 is more realistic. Maybe a late season call up next year
    No I doubt next year ...hence the reason I said long term. We have a lot of arms coming through the system.

vCash
    Eh, he was already in AA last year and had solid periphs. He could certainly be up by midseason, but I doubt he'd be able to start the year for us.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    I read that he will contend for the job in spring training probably.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    having someone to come in and nail down a 1-2 run lead can be a huge difference in a game/season/series. I still think they are overpaid though.
    So would you consider them more valuable than someone who comes in with runners on in a close ball game?

vCash
    As long as Marmol doesn't have 10-5 rights or a no-trade clause (and I don't think he does) we're in good shape.

vCash
    Zomg jillys here

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast