Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Wow Hardin looks like a max player. A couple quality PFs and one more star the Rockets could be a real contender.

vCash
    God I wish I could have watched this one. I was covering a football game and following the game on my phone the whole time. When Harden was going off, I could barely keep my eyes on the game. I don't think that Harden can honestly keep this level of production up, but the way he's playing I think he's definitely going to battle for the scoring title this season and he could legitimately be in the MVP discussion.

I was seriously surprised by Morris' numbers as I was following the game. How did you guys thought he played? Was he legitimately good or did he have a bad game that just looks good on paper?

vCash
    Ahhhhh, I love it.

vCash
    Morris looked good tonight, alot of his point were easy flushes but you have to be there for it to be easy. Seemed clear as to what his role was for most of the time (usually he looks like a lost sheep imo), must say i like him more at the 4

PS: Anyone else see Lamb's first NBA shoot, amazing!
    C: Asik PF: PatPat SF: Parsons SG: Harden PG: Lin

vCash
    Even if Lamb explodes, I can't see him doing much better than Harden right now. The backcourt duo seem to work well together. I think Asik will hold the fort on the defensive and rebounding front. Either one of the power forwards steps up as that 3rd guy or they find some stud this offseason.

vCash
    watching the game back on league pass, I know we can't except harden to do this every night but I can see him being amongst the league leaders in scoring come season end.

vCash
    All the channels (NBA 2 night, ESPN, NGA Gametime) all had favorable things to say about our summer's acquisitions. Steve Smith felt that Houston had an explosive backcourt and was going through how much combined points, assists and rebounds in the two games. Felt that they had the potential to be one of the better back courts and liked that they were young and still growing into their roles. Also mentioned that Asik was looking good on the boards. Also, Harden's first 2 game point total had only 2 other names accomplishing that (Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain--Chamberlain multiple times). It's just 2 games, but it still nice to see that these players have that potential and what Morey saw when he decided to bring them in.

vCash
    one thing I am worried about is that Harden can't play 45+ minutes a game and when him or Lin aren't in, they look LOST. That is why I really want T. Jones to get some playing time, he is always around the ball and he can make a play. Toney Douglas, when that guy is in, it's like playing without a PG, it is like 4 on 5...terrible. Just trying to think about possible bench combinations that can put points up to take SOME pressure off Lin and Harden.
    Last edited by datboyb; 11-03-2012 at 10:21 AM.

vCash
    Yeah, Douglas is abnoxious. Lets hope Machado & Montiejunas make huge strides this season already so our back-up PG can actually let the offense flow and we dont have to play with a 6'8 frontcourt whenever Asik is sitting.

Oh to be a Gooner...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by datboyb View Post
    one thing I am worried about is that Harden can't play 45+ minutes a game and when him or Lin aren't in, they look LOST. That is why I really want T. Jones to get some playing time, he is always around the ball and he can make a play. Toney Douglas, when that guy is in, it's like playing without a PG, it is like 4 on 5...terrible. Just trying to think about possible bench combinations that can put points up to take SOME pressure off Lin and Harden.
    I think there are a couple of things McHale can do with the lineups to fix this problem. The first one and the main one is to stagger Lin and Harden's minutes so that they're not always on the floor at the same time, similar to what OKC did with Harden and Westbrook so that they always had someone on the floor who can run the offense. I'm not suggesting they bring Lin off the bench, but I do think they can bench him earlier in the first quarter and bring him back when Harden heads to the bench. Harden is more than capable of playing point in Lin's absence.

Second, I think Cook and Delfino need to get more minutes at the 2 to limit Douglas' minutes and spell Harden when he's tired. Morris can make up the necessary minutes at the 3 behind Parsons and that would give McHale some opportunities to insert Jones and D-Mo into the lineup.

And finally, I think they should really consider allowing Machado to play some. Even if he only got 5-10 minutes a night, it would be a huge help, because Douglas cannot run an offense. Nobody on the bench can, for that matter. And Machado is certainly raw offensively, but the dude would be a much more competent bench point guard than Douglas.

vCash
    He is obviously not going to average 40ppg but I could see him doing as well as 26-28. He is so silky smooth on offense, kind of like a more complete K-Mart. He will pour in buckets but it won't seem like it.

Honestly I love players like that too. They don't draw double teams as much as guys like Lebron ect. who just drive the lane and hammer it down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    He is obviously not going to average 40ppg but I could see him doing as well as 26-28. He is so silky smooth on offense, kind of like a more complete K-Mart. He will pour in buckets but it won't seem like it.

Honestly I love players like that too. They don't draw double teams as much as guys like Lebron ect. who just drive the lane and hammer it down.
    I heard someone describe Harden before the trade as "Manu Ginobili 2.0" and I love that comparison. They're both lefties with a great handle and silky smooth jumpers who can get the line, are freakishly efficient and are pesky on defense. But as insanely good as Manu has been in his career (possibly a future HOFer), I think Harden has even more potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I heard someone describe Harden before the trade as "Manu Ginobili 2.0" and I love that comparison. They're both lefties with a great handle and silky smooth jumpers who can get the line, are freakishly efficient and are pesky on defense. But as insanely good as Manu has been in his career (possibly a future HOFer), I think Harden has even more potential.
    Yeah, I think Harden is a more consistent shooter out of what I've seen. He is quicker as well, just not as creative in his finishes. He lacks that highlight reel "wow" factor which I could care less about. He is just not going to be on ESPN as much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    God I wish I could have watched this one. I was covering a football game and following the game on my phone the whole time. When Harden was going off, I could barely keep my eyes on the game. I don't think that Harden can honestly keep this level of production up, but the way he's playing I think he's definitely going to battle for the scoring title this season and he could legitimately be in the MVP discussion.

I was seriously surprised by Morris' numbers as I was following the game. How did you guys thought he played? Was he legitimately good or did he have a bad game that just looks good on paper?
    Morris took a lot of bad shots, he was 1 from 6 from the 3pt line (one was a halfcourt shot), that's not his game, aside from that, he did everything right.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Yeah, I think Harden is a more consistent shooter out of what I've seen. He is quicker as well, just not as creative in his finishes. He lacks that highlight reel "wow" factor which I could care less about. He is just not going to be on ESPN as much.
    I'm pretty sure Harden can throw it down pretty well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234