Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jazz @ NO: 9 ET

vCash
    Of course as soon as I write that millsap steps up for a quarter. I still think they need to split up Jefferson and millsap. I'm starting to not care which one starts and which one is the sixth man. It's just something that's got to happen.

vCash
    can we please get rid of Randy Foye!??
    bad deffence, never passes to the bigs. and what the hell is Tinsley doing in the lineup?

vCash
    why are we STILL getting red-faced about millsap vs al? are we really going to do this all season long? if so, count me out of the game threads. this is beyond absurd. the game is bigger than millsap vs jefferson.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    I just dont see Big Al stepping up and doing something on the same level as Millsap. I mean, theres a point where you have stats and and player comparison, then theres the things that can be calculated. Like killer instinct. And when it comes down to it, how many game winners does Al have, and how many does Millsap have?

Also, no point on a SA thread tonight. We looked flat and awful. Also, last minute of the game, why was Al dribbling the ball? (resulted in a nice turnover that we could have used to pull in closer and maybe have a chance)
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    i like them both. they both provide something valuable and are different enough from each other that it shouldn't come down to 'we have to get rid of one or the other.' favors is still very inconsistent, i'd like to have a good 'back-up' plan if he can't get it together as often as we need/would like. both make mistakes, i'm not ready to lambast him yet.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

vCash
    the thing no one talks about is that if we trade millsap or jefferson we still need another big. we only have 4 bigs(evans isn't really a "big") and if/when one goes down to injury you have to have someone who can play some big minutes

vCash
    right 100%. as it is, we have 0 fallback in the event of injury. i guess corbin thinks his chances of finding ok c help in the d-league are good if one of jefferson/favors/kanter gets hurt
    Last edited by chipurmunki; 11-05-2012 at 02:41 PM.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

vCash
    Huh. Play Burks over Hayward and Foye? Me thinks not. When Burks is a dead eye coming off the curl then maybe, but not right now. I certainly don't want him playing the PG until I know he can run the offense with efficiency and IQ.

I've only seen the Dallas and SA games so far but it looks like the league has decided their best defense against the Jazz bigs is to quickly and aggressively double. The biggest issue I see with this team right now is the presence of outside shooters who find spots and stagnate. We need cutting and we need real (tough) pics.

During a game in 1982, Frank Layden, then head coach of the Utah Jazz, had seen enough of his team's poor performance and wanted an early exit. Layden verbally abused Strom so he could get ejected from the game. Strom knew what he was trying to do, and when Layden asked why he didn't eject him, Strom replied, "I know what you're trying to do, Frank, but if I've got to stay out here and watch this $#!^, so do you".

vCash
    So what your saying HotRodsHair is... we need to play some god damn Jazz basketball!?!
    I know this team can do it, we've seen glimpses of it already in spurts this year... We just need to bring some of the nasty. If we have one of the best if not THE best big man rotation in the league then we better be making a point from the first minute of the game that the paint is our. Get physical like we did the second half of the Dallas game, 3rd quarter of the SA game..
    From what I"ve seen is Big Al coming out soft, picking up his D his towards the middle of the game, and then straight falling off and crumbling on D when its crunch time. He needs to play solid D every minute he is on the court for our team to succeed. Millsap may have not been "great" but I know that dude hustled his *** off every second he played and Millsap not playing his best> Big Al's lack of playing D most of the game..
    Starts Favors along with Sap, bring Big Al off the bench with Kanter and they will destroy any backup combo in the league.. Foye is our only true offensive threat off the bench with Favors and Kanter together... Big Al could DOMINATE any backup in the league. Split these guys up!!! Defensive big with Offensive big for each lineup. Start Favors and set the tone for any opposing big.. "You come in the paint, its gonna be a battle" Its time for some nasty
    Last edited by TMcC801; 11-05-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12