Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hearing that there has been contact between the Cubs' front office and Craig. No sit down with Jed/Theo yet, but some early conversations on a return. Demp looking for assurances of a post-playing opportunity with the Cubs. More later.

vCash
    I would rather pass on Dempster. I'm sure that they would have to give him some kind of promise to not trade him because I couldn't see him coming back here knowing he'd be traded again.

vCash
    Still wish he took the ATL trade.
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Get over the ATL trade, people. It's over. We got talent back for him and none of what happened should influence what Dempster can bring to this team in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Milnertime View Post
    Get over the ATL trade, people. It's over. We got talent back for him and none of what happened should influence what Dempster can bring to this team in the future.
    I agree with this. Time to get over it.

vCash
    Baker or Marcum > Dempster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by utkcub View Post
    Baker or Marcum > Dempster
    In what world????
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    NO to Dempster... YES to Delgado

vCash
    Delgado Delgado Delgado.

. . there I said it.

vCash
    Sure, hes a good arm.

I think its more interesting that, once again, its noted how interested FAs would be/should be interested in joining the Cubs. Everyone is going to want a shot at being on these upcoming Cubs teams, and the Cubs basically have their pick of the litter...100 losses throws that scent off, but its there. Playing for the Cubs is too appealing, particularly since they will be doing so much to fix the facilities.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 11-04-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Give me some dempster. Is he going to bring us a world series. Hell no. But news flash we ain't winning it anyway. If he agrees to a reasonable 2 year deal 2/15 then sure. I love rooting for that guy while he wiggles his glove.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    We do need pitching and I think he has a couple years left in him. So I would welcome him back. I think people really need to let the Atlanta deal go. Delgado isn't really worth lamenting this much over

vCash
    FO is looking for starters to flip at the deadline, not someone who won't want to be traded again. I still think eventually Dempster could head back to a closer's role, however after the season he just had as a starter, I doubt he'll want to do that anytime soon. It's best for him to take the best offer he gets on the market, as it's likely his final deal, and the Cubs won't be making the best offer imo.

Cubs need to go after guys like Haren, Marcum, Liriano, Villanueva etc. Hope they have a great first half then flip them at the deadline. Villanueva could be that reliever turned starter we've all heard rumors about and the Cubs should be more than willing to give him a shot at starting full time and test his health.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    FO is looking for starters to flip at the deadline, not someone who won't want to be traded again. I still think eventually Dempster could head back to a closer's role, however after the season he just had as a starter, I doubt he'll want to do that anytime soon. It's best for him to take the best offer he gets on the market, as it's likely his final deal, and the Cubs won't be making the best offer imo.

Cubs need to go after guys like Haren, Marcum, Liriano, Villanueva etc. Hope they have a great first half then flip them at the deadline. Villanueva could be that reliever turned starter we've all heard rumors about and the Cubs should be more than willing to give him a shot at starting full time and test his health.
    Good post, Assman. This is how I see things as well.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    **** Dempster! No way after he f***ed up that Atlanta trade. Hell to the no on that diva!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast