Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Should This Trade Be Veto'd?

Little background story: My friend is 1-7 and virtually eliminated from the playoffs after a rough season. I'm 4-4, currently in the last playoff spot. I negotiated a trade with him in an attempt to better my team and I think I did. But my friends want it veto'd because they think its unfair. Thoughts on if this should be vetod? I realize I probably win this trade but is it BAD enough to get vetoed?

I get:
    Lesean Mccoy - 88 points on the season
    Jordy Nelson - 92 points on the season

I give:
    Jamaal Charles- 83 points on the season (not including last night, trade submitted on Tuesday)
    Stevie Johnson- 68 points on the season
    Kyle Rudolph- 58 points on the season
    Brandon Lafell- 50 points on the season

Thoughts?

vCash
    I obviously think its fine. Yes, I get Jordy pretty cheap tossing in my tight end and a bench player plus Stevie. But Stevie still is basically the only wideout in Buffalo... the reason I drafted him. And Rudolph is 8th in fantasy points from a tight end.

vCash
    I think its a fair trade especially if your friend is going to start Rudoph and Lafell

vCash
    Easy veto imo
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    2 years ago, this team was worth 650 million dollars. Derrick Rose has played ten games since and now this team is worth a billion dollars. Clearly, it's Tom Thibodeu.

vCash
    I really don't see the problem with it. You're giving a good RB for a good RB. You're giving a WR and extras for a bit of an upgrade at WR (if he even plays). I wouldn't veto.

vCash
    I could understand why they would veto it when your friend is basically done in the league.
    VIVA CROONER!

vCash
    Charles and Johnson are two pretty good players. If Rudolph or LaFell are going to be used by him then yea I think it's a fair trade. Plus Jordy Nelson is banged up right now. I don't think it should be vetoed.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I would veto. The way i look at it:

McCoy > Charles
    Jordy > Stevie J

Rudolph and Lafell isnt nearly enough to cancel that out. When i consider the fact that he's 1-7, its a definite veto.

vCash
    im not a veto type... but i can see 100% why it would of gotten veto'ed

vCash
    People who veto trades because they think one side wins are dumb. One side is ALWAYS going to win in a trade. As long as there is not collusion going on, and 2 guys want to make a trade, then so be it. They are grown adults, they can do what they wish.

The veto is there for collusion purposes only, not for you to be the judge of a trades fairness. I don't allow league vetoes in my league, it's done by me and co commish

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    People who veto trades because they think one side wins are dumb. One side is ALWAYS going to win in a trade. As long as there is not collusion going on, and 2 guys want to make a trade, then so be it. They are grown adults, they can do what they wish.

The veto is there for collusion purposes only, not for you to be the judge of a trades fairness. I don't allow league vetoes in my league, it's done by me and co commish
    THIS!

Anyone who vetoed that trade should not be allowed to play fantasy football. Looks like a fine deal to me.

vCash
    I would not veto it but I can see why it would. The fact that he is 1-7 and doing this trade raises peoples eyebrows even though it shouldn't
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post

I dont see how a commish being the dictator over trades is any more reasonable though. Why should your opinion (and co commish) be the end all be all? Thats not very fair. At least the veto system is done with votes. If anything, just raise the number of veto votes that it takes to cancel a trade.

vCash
    I would veto it and not invite you or your friend back to play. Thats how loopsided this trade is lol

point totals dont mean anything in trades. I hate when people take that approach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rwynyc View Post
    I would veto it and not invite you or your friend back to play. Thats how loopsided this trade is lol

point totals dont mean anything in trades. I hate when people take that approach.
    LOL yes. Point totals mean nothing. That's so dumb. Charles has outperformed Lesean since I got him and Rudolph had a 14 point week! You trading simply for potential is dumb and to kick me out of the league for it is pathetic.

Btw, I was forced to give Jordy back and got Stevie. So essentially, I gave up Charles, Rudolph and Lafell for Lesean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast