If you're fantasy football nerds like us, you spend a LOT of time looking for fantasy football related updates (who to pick up, injuries, who's starting, sleepers, etc.) Timing is EVERYTHING in fantasy, and having the latest breaking news is key. The person who is on top of their news updates has a pretty significant advantage, over those who don't. What if we updated you on the important stuff for fantasy football, and you use all that valuable time you save to sit back, and enjoy watching football.

We’re running the beta test for FFAlerts for the rest of this season. The way this service works, you text “Yes” to 415-233-6397 (415-2FF-NEWS) and you're signed up for updates. For example, if Fred Jackson injures his knee in Week 1 because LaRon Landry is a psychopath, we send you an alert informing you of this injury as soon as it happens.

Reply STOP at any time to be removed from the list. (REMINDER: This is a FREE alert as long as you have unlimited messaging plan, or enough text messages in your plan. DO NOT SIGN UP if you don't have enough messages on your messaging plan. I'm not responsible for your cell phone bill overages)

The plan is to launch a full-fledged service at the start of next season based on your comments and feedback on the service during our test period.

During the beta test, there will be just one list that will get the following updates:
-Injuries as they occur (game days)
-If a significant player is not starting (game day)
-Pick up alert (we’ll let you know if a player owned in less than 20% of the leagues starts performing really well)

All I ask in return is comments and feedback (good or bad) on the service. I'm also interested in hearing suggestions or feedback on the list of alerts during the beta test. If you would like alerts on something else, let us know.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. The more people that can sign up for this, the better it is