Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    vCash
    Good game, you guys deserved the win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    Good game, you guys deserved the win
    Thanks, but you could tell it was the beginning of the season for both teams...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    I don't get that vibe from Williams at all. I know he said some ill-advised things about not playing last year, but he's come in this year with a much more humble/hard-working attitude and you have to think how hard it is to be the #2 pick and not to be playing (I never liked being on the bench when I played... once I caught my breath )

Williams is having trouble finding his way. Some games he seemed to hold back and say to himself "I missed the first 3 shots, so I'm going to defer." Then, he gets yelled at for not being aggressive enough. He's just trying to figure out how to play and fit in and interviews with Adelman seem to suggest that the coach things that lightbulb will eventually come on.

Skillwise, Williams has shown flashes of improvement at times, but he needs to make those gains consistent. For instance, he finished a drive last night after contact which he wouldn't have done last year. At the beginning of pre-season, he was actually hitting his free throws, but he's kind of reverted (and so has Pek for some reason). He's a young player, but he's putting in work and eventually it will pay off.
    Can't tell you how many times I heard that about Wes Johnson.

vCash
    Thanks for all the discussion guys. Missed the game, good thing the game is on FSN tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    Can't tell you how many times I heard that about Wes Johnson.
    I'm not going to beat this discussion to death, but a couple things:

1. I remember many people in this forum last year saying things along the lines of, "Yeah, Williams is making mistakes but at least he's going to the rim and being aggressive unlike Wes."

2. He's improved on defense and the way Adelman has talked about him and talked about him playing the 3 has changed. During Summer League, Adelman didn't seem at all inclined to even try him at the 3, but Williams did end up there for some pre-season before Love's injury.

3. Williams has had some good starts recently getting some points on the board and starting around 3/5 or 4/7, but something happens after that where he ends the night 4/9 or 5/12 so it's a matter of him figuring out how to maintain the efficiency when he hits the court the second time.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920