Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 290
  1. #271
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,478
    vCash
    1500
    Dwill looked good for about the first 3 minutes of this game and then idk what happened. I mean idk how someone so dominant in college can be so bad. Like he should at least be a decent role player.

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,728
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    Dwill looked good for about the first 3 minutes of this game and then idk what happened. I mean idk how someone so dominant in college can be so bad. Like he should at least be a decent role player.
    It happens to a lot of players who were "the man" in college. In college, they lifted their team to glory. They were "the man" on their team. When "the man" gets to the NBA, that person sometimes cannot accept a role that is less than what they were in college, and they attempt to force their way back into that role...those players, I like to call "me first" type guys...its not that they don't want to win, its that they want to win, while being "the man."

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,478
    vCash
    1500
    yeah I agree

    also just thought I'd mention that we're the only ones in the division without a loss

  4. #274
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,695
    vCash
    1500
    Ya!

  5. #275
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,695
    vCash
    1500
    Well, i went to the game. As many of you know, it is very different than watching it on tv. Things i observed were Pek really might be the strongest player in the nba, he is just a beast. that said, he couldn't hit a bunny or a free throw last night to save a life.
    It was a joy watching AK shut down Evans, i am very glad we picked him up.
    Schved was very underwhelming this game, like i posted in the other thread He couldn't find a shot because he is unfamiliar with the nba style of game still.
    Bud was ehh, missed some threes.
    Roy was ehh in the stat sheet, but he played better than indicated. He looks really slow now, haha, but you can tell he understands the game and he is always looking for the weakness in the d. His shot was not falling though...
    Luke was luke still, average point guard, good vet...
    Steimsma played good, he scored some, but man can he block the ball. Nice d pickup for vet min.
    The one player i was most surprised and impressed with was non other than jj berea. Because of balkis and berea's play at times last year, i wanted to trade berea in the worst way. That said, seeing him in person sheds a different light on his play. He is really quick to get by multiple defenders, he could see the lanes and attack them. He had many easy layups... And only got blocked once! I really like jj coming off the bench as a change of pace guard.

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    647
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    The comparison of DWill to Wes J comes to mind for me as well. Talented athletes, who dont know how to play in the NBA.
    I hope you guys are being slightly sarcastic. D-Will is way better than Wes is.

  7. #277
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    1,516
    vCash
    1500
    Stiemsma is not signed to a veteran minimum contract. I think he's paid about 2.5 mil per year, according to some websites. It's still bargain for a serviceable backup C.

    And this is his sophomore year, I don't think vet min would be much for him..

    Wolves United

  8. #278
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,031
    vCash
    1500
    The team obviously still Likes Williams since they picked up his option. He has moments where you like what he's doing but he is just so inconsistent. Glad we got the win last night for a long time I was worried.

  9. #279
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,162
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaAJ View Post
    The team obviously still Likes Williams since they picked up his option. He has moments where you like what he's doing but he is just so inconsistent. Glad we got the win last night for a long time I was worried.
    Whether they like him or not, he is still an asset. So instead of letting him go for nothing, now they can trade him. If that is what they want to do.

    United we Run

  10. #280
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,728
    vCash
    2500
    Quote Originally Posted by dnl123 View Post
    I hope you guys are being slightly sarcastic. D-Will is way better than Wes is.
    how so?

  11. #281
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    1,516
    vCash
    1500
    Derrick Williams is a fffing pusseh.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tger6KEeR2I I can't find an enlarged video of his face. He just jumped and closed his eyes waiting to get blocked. Crotchless Pussey.

    Wolves United

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    8,186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar View Post
    Derrick Williams is a fffing pusseh.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tger6KEeR2I I can't find an enlarged video of his face. He just jumped and closed his eyes waiting to get blocked. Crotchless Pussey.
    lol. This is a main forum kind of post.

  13. #283
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    8,186
    vCash
    1500
    So are we going to have one game-thread for all games or have a new thread for every game?

  14. #284
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    1,516
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    lol. This is a main forum kind of post.
    It's kind of like a family/friends thing. I wouldn't talk like that about the people I don't know, because I don't really give a crap about them. If someone you care about do stupid things, you shove it into his face, because you want him to improve.

    Wolves United

  15. #285
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Doghouse
    Posts
    10,170
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    It happens to a lot of players who were "the man" in college. In college, they lifted their team to glory. They were "the man" on their team. When "the man" gets to the NBA, that person sometimes cannot accept a role that is less than what they were in college, and they attempt to force their way back into that role...those players, I like to call "me first" type guys...its not that they don't want to win, its that they want to win, while being "the man."
    I don't get that vibe from Williams at all. I know he said some ill-advised things about not playing last year, but he's come in this year with a much more humble/hard-working attitude and you have to think how hard it is to be the #2 pick and not to be playing (I never liked being on the bench when I played... once I caught my breath )

    Williams is having trouble finding his way. Some games he seemed to hold back and say to himself "I missed the first 3 shots, so I'm going to defer." Then, he gets yelled at for not being aggressive enough. He's just trying to figure out how to play and fit in and interviews with Adelman seem to suggest that the coach things that lightbulb will eventually come on.

    Skillwise, Williams has shown flashes of improvement at times, but he needs to make those gains consistent. For instance, he finished a drive last night after contact which he wouldn't have done last year. At the beginning of pre-season, he was actually hitting his free throws, but he's kind of reverted (and so has Pek for some reason). He's a young player, but he's putting in work and eventually it will pay off.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •