Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    vCash
    J.J. Beserker!! lol Seriously, great game with very good decision making. I loved seeing him go iso with the crossover.

Desire and defense won this one. I'm not sold on the foul differential - the refs may have helped us out a bit, but at the same rate we had guys sprinting down the floor, fighting for rebounds, just generally showing that they do want to be playing for something. And, hey, how many nights is Bud ever going to go 0-5 on 3s?

vCash
    We need Love, he is our star, we upgraded our role players and that showed however.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    J.J. Beserker!! lol Seriously, great game with very good decision making. I loved seeing him go iso with the crossover.

Desire and defense won this one. I'm not sold on the foul differential - the refs may have helped us out a bit, but at the same rate we had guys sprinting down the floor, fighting for rebounds, just generally showing that they do want to be playing for something. And, hey, how many nights is Bud ever going to go 0-5 on 3s?
    He was fantastic the first half, and then...he became the JJ Barea we have grown to hate in the 2nd half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    Didn't get to see the second half but when I was out I was checking the score and I thought we were going to blow it like usual.

Glad to see we pulled through.
    I almost had that thought, but then I didn't. That's what I love about this year's team - these guys aren't going to panic or put their hands up in defeat. It's so nice to have players who play their ***** off every game and look to make each other better whenever they can.

vCash
    After watching tonight I feel better about what we have without Love and Rubio. We are deep. The pf spot still scares me though, and I will continue to want to get rid of Dwill. Glad Purple is on my side. I think we will be in a great spot once those two players come back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    He was fantastic the first half, and then...he became the JJ Barea we have grown to hate in the 2nd half.
    He had a couple questionable shots in the second half, but we didn't have much offense going either so I can't fault him for that too much - he was at least passing the ball off and dribbling with purpose rather than just dribbling around the perimeter.

vCash
    Kirilenko!!!! Just embodies everything that you want from a player who doesnt have superstar ability. I love this dude so much, and have for about 10 years now.

4-7 for 10 points, 5 assists, 7 rebounds...Didnt just make Tyreke a non factor, but made him a negative factor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    After watching tonight I feel better about what we have without Love and Rubio. We are deep. The pf spot still scares me though, and I will continue to want to get rid of Dwill. Glad Purple is on my side. I think we will be in a great spot once those two players come back
    I actually thought Williams' performance was encouraging. The box score won't look pretty; but, as a second year player, he was aggressive, he went hard for rebounds, he just couldn't get those putbacks to go down in the 3rd.

vCash
    This dude is going to promote his site after every game we play.

vCash
    Play of the game in my eyes was Roy taking the charge against Evans deep into the 4th before we pulled away, right after Cunningham's huge eyesore of a turnover.

The guys on this team actually pick each other up. When one guy has a bad play, another one steps up to get us back on track. You could see how this contrasted with a team like the Kings, who have guys that shrug their shoulders when a teammate makes mistakes. Cousins/Thompson hacked and whined, Evans tried to be a one-man show, and they did not respond to adversity well at all.

Good on our bench tonight. I'd like to knock down some more threes and see D-Will play a little bit better. But for tonight I will take the performance and run with it.

vCash
    I agree with your evaluations. I also liked Roy, even though IMO he has still not reached his potential. He didn't force shots, he was calm at the end and had 6 assists to go with his 10 pts. Cunningham and Stiemsma were also good and helped a lot with their D and passion.
    They closed up Pek really good but he did get their bigs in foul trouble. And as TD said, I don't think we'll see many nights like this from Bud at shooting.
    Meanwhile Barrea was the game changer.

United we Run

vCash
    Stiemsma is one of those players I cant grasp the idea of. You watch him play, and he doesnt look good at all, but then all of a sudden, you realize that he has had an impact in so many aspects of the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Stiemsma is one of those players I cant grasp the idea of. You watch him play, and he doesnt look good at all, but then all of a sudden, you realize that he has had an impact in so many aspects of the game.
    I don't know what you're talking about. He looked great to me in the first half. Made a presence defensively and was decent on the offensive end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Harvy View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about. He looked great to me in the first half. Made a presence defensively and was decent on the offensive end.
    Great is a stretch...

I guess what I am trying to say though, is he lets the game come to him. He does nothing on the floor to make you think "woh, that dude is a player." But then right around his 4th block, you think, "has he really done to this game, what I think he has?"

vCash
    Stiem had 4 blocks. The last time I remember a wolves player making that was one of those raaaare nights Milicic decided to play bball.

United we Run

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast