Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Haha. I don't see it but if it is there then they are both equally saying part of the truth .
    ? I don't get the half truth part... It's black and white for numbers. But if you think a salary site that lists Barg's numbers wrong, that doesn't have any numbers for Dom or Q Acy, and lists Jamaal still on the team is good enough for you then that's your prerogative. : )

Landry Fields 6,250,000 6,250,000 6,250,000 6,250,000 Cap Space 18,750,000 Signed offer sheet on 7/11/12 for an assumed $18,750,000 for 3 years

vCash
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-salary...rry-coon-7612/

Whats with all the reports talking about teams handing out backloaded contracts as “poison pills” (mot du jour apparently). Dont they actually sign players for flat money and the cba turns those into backloaded contracts for the matching team only?

What ive been wondering is what happens in a sign-and-trade for such a player. Would the contract be backloaded for the aquiring team as well in that case? And what salary number would be used for trade purposes?

Larry Coon
    Here’s what it’s all about. If a player has one or two years in the league, he hasn’t been around long enough for his team to have full Bird rights. A player with two years, for example, can only have Early-Bird rights, which lets his team go up to the average salary to keep him, but not more. Orlando took advantage of this by signing Gilbert Arenas several years ago to a contract the Warriors were helpless to match. They fixed it in the 2005 CBA by putting restrictions on offer sheets to restricted free agents with one or two years in the league. In these offer sheets, the first year couldn’t be above the maximum salary, which guaranteed the player’s prior team could match using Early-Bird rights or the Mid-Level exception. But so they players don’t get gypped by only being able to get a small contract, they allowed a big jump starting in the third year — to what it would have been if this rule hadn’t existed.

So teams are taking advantage of this by offering contracts starting at $5 million (the mid-level/Early Bird amount), $5.225 million next season, and with a big jump in 2014-15. First, this is how they can give the player more money. Second, by giving the player a big jump in 2014-15, they’re trying to make it as uncomfortable as possible for the prior team to match.

Okay, now back to your questions — let’s be clear on the difference between what the player is paid and what counts against the team’s cap. Let’s say the contract is for three years, at $5 million, $5.225 million, and $15 million. This is what the player gets paid, with whichever team he ends up with. This is also the amount that counts against the cap if the player’s prior team matches and keeps him.

But if the team with the offer sheet ends up getting him, then the average salary of the whole contract (in this case, $8.4 million) counts against the team’s cap. This is because in order to offer a contract with this kind of balloon payment, the team has to have enough cap room for the average salary. So if they keep him, then this amount is accounted for in the team’s cap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    ? I don't get the half truth part... It's black and white for numbers. But if you think a salary site that lists Barg's numbers wrong, that doesn't have any numbers for Dom or Q Acy, and lists Jamaal still on the team is good enough for you then that's your prerogative. : )

Landry Fields 6,250,000 6,250,000 6,250,000 6,250,000 Cap Space 18,750,000 Signed offer sheet on 7/11/12 for an assumed $18,750,000 for 3 years
    I asked from a you a reliable source not a blog site created by a fan showing the salary of Landry Fields equally divided into 3. .

Not until I see the actual contract, both sites are equally saying the truth.

Anyway we are getting off topic here. The point is the contract is still bad IMO but its no longer a surprise for all of us with this GM.

vCash
    Hopefully you will read the Larry Coon post I added to clarify bad information being spread.

You want to focus on the hate... Rather than the truth... Gotcha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    Hopefully you will read the Larry Coon post I added to clarify bad information being spread.

You want to focus on the hate... Rather than the truth... Gotcha.
    Still not good enough for me as far as the actual contract of Fields.

That's where you are wrong if you are implying that I am hating. Truth is clear, the contract given to Fields is ridiculous from the very start (the reason why he got an offer sheet just to get an aging Veteran).

Truth is the GM is out of his mind...history is accurate: Turk/ Kapono/ Calderon/ Amir/ Fields/ and recently the 10 million limited overpayed SG.

No hate there just the truth.

Lets back to topic . I am done.
    Last edited by Raps Insider 12; 11-03-2012 at 12:24 PM.

vCash
    Never mind, you're right.... Larry coon probably doesn't know what he's talking about.

vCash
    That guy has an offensive last name

vCash
    only way ed gets his chance will be if amir gets traded and he takes the bulk of his minutes. My guess is he gets traded at deadline but I hope we keep him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    That guy has an offensive last name
    haha i had a joke but i restrained myself.

hope davis gets a chance but it won't happen with the amount of bigs we have. time to consolidate into an upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Ed like Demar have the same problem. They are not proactive enough. They need to help the team with little things that nobody take the time to list them. They could play a very effective and important part of the ball. when you are on court you work hard with or without the ball. This is the main difference I see between Amir and Ed. Amir does all the little things while Ed has a more calculated approach.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    He can easily play 25-30 minutes a game, just get rid of crapmir and he'll be fine.
    I don't get why were so hung up on Amir Johnson

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    you don't deserve a chance. you earn it and clearly the coaches do not feel like he's earned it. when bargnani went down last year for half the season, where was Davis? i understand there was no training camp due to the lockout but by the time Bargnani got injured which was like what 15 - 20 games into the season? there were plenty of games and practices under his belt to try and prove himself
    then again, last year Ed was in his sophomore season with little NBA experience. New coach also changed the system, leaving many raptors adjusting to the new style of play. This year so far I think he has filled in his role nicely. His shot looks much better compared to previous years past and he's a great energy boost off the bench. He seems to have chemistry with Amir and Jose, playing well in the second unit. At this point, I like his progression. I know players talk about adding parts to their game, but Ed said he wanted to improve his shot and thus far the results have been positive. I'm not by any means sold on Ed but as a 13th pick on his first full NBA season, I like what I'm seeing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    Still not good enough for me as far as the actual contract of Fields.

That's where you are wrong if you are implying that I am hating. Truth is clear, the contract given to Fields is ridiculous from the very start (the reason why he got an offer sheet just to get an aging Veteran).

Truth is the GM is out of his mind...history is accurate: Turk/ Kapono/ Calderon/ Amir/ Fields/ and recently the 10 million limited overpayed SG.

No hate there just the truth.

Lets back to topic . I am done.
    You aren't aware of who Larry Coon is are you? Too bad. He is to NBA contracts what Nate Silver is to US federal election polls. The guru.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post

hope davis gets a chance but it won't happen with the amount of bigs we have. time to consolidate into an upgrade.
    I agree.

vCash
    bargs need to go.......im sure once BC gets fired, bargs will be shipped right away

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast