Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    We had our best season when Bargnani was coming off the bench, I think Casey should try it again.
    I wouldn't mind seeing a bench unit of Calderon, Ross, Fields, Bargnani, Amir but I doubt it will happen. The starters in such a scenario would be Lowry, DeMar, Anderson, Davis and Valanciunas.

But I can't see a scenario where Bargnani gets pulled from the starting group this season. I'm fascinated by the concept of him provided a scoring spark off the bench. I know Jamiecballer has been advocating that for a while. I doubt the team ever gets to that point.

vCash
    I think Ed will get his minutes based on Matchups, but I am most worried for Amir's minutes. If we play against Bynum, Howard, Cousins, etc. then I can see Aaron Gray getting the minutes and Amir getting the bench spot with Ed backing up Bargnani. When we face some of the smaller centers Amir will back up Val and Ed will backup Bargnani. To me that's the ideal situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    We had our best season when Bargnani was coming off the bench, I think Casey should try it again.
    yeah um, cause Chris Bosh was starting and Garbajosa was defending centers.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    I dunno. I see why a lot of people want to get this guy some minutes but to me he hasn't really progressed much since he came in. The guy was capable of an ugly 8-10 when he started, and that's about where he's at now. I just think if we're going to make the playoffs we'll need somebody more polished on the floor, especially with Jonas taking up so many minutes at the 5.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    As Jonas becomes more comfortable playing the starting Center role, I think the odd man out will be Amir.

While Colangelo is still at the helm, Casey won't risk losing his job by benching Bargs. As someone pointed out, I can't see the day that Bargs will come off the bench even if the argument is true that he is more effective there than starting.

On the other hand, Amir may remain a Raptor if Ed is included in a package with Calderon before the trade deadline. Although it may come to a point that Amir's contract will be amnestied to free up cap room due to the bonehead decision of overpaying DD and Fields limiting cap flexibility 2 years from now especially when that backloaded contract of Fields come into effect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    As Jonas becomes more comfortable playing the starting Center role, I think the odd man out will be Amir.

While Colangelo is still at the helm, Casey won't risk losing his job by benching Bargs. As someone pointed out, I can't see the day that Bargs will come off the bench even if the argument is true that he is more effective there than starting.

On the other hand, Amir may remain a Raptor if Ed is included in a package with Calderon before the trade deadline. Although it may come to a point that Amir's contract will be amnestied to free up cap room due to the bonehead decision of overpaying DD and Fields limiting cap flexibility 2 years from now especially when that backloaded contract of Fields come into effect.
    As much as I think Bargs is suited for a bench role on a good NBA team, our team has been built with him as our best offensive weapon and (outside of Lowry now) doesn't really even have any other ones. I agree that Bargs' efficiency would go up if he were playing against second units, but our first line would suck horribly if it looked like:

Lowry
    Derozan
    Fields
    Ed
    Jonas

Like, 1 3-pt shooter, 1 creator off the dribble, and 1 distributor, and they're all one guy. That would easily be the worst offensive lineup in basketball. We NEED Bargs to score right off the hop for us or we'll find ourselves down by ten at the end of the first quarter again.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    As much as I think Bargs is suited for a bench role on a good NBA team, our team has been built with him as our best offensive weapon and (outside of Lowry now) doesn't really even have any other ones. I agree that Bargs' efficiency would go up if he were playing against second units, but our first line would suck horribly if it looked like:

Lowry
    Derozan
    Fields
    Ed
    Jonas

Like, 1 3-pt shooter, 1 creator off the dribble, and 1 distributor, and they're all one guy. That would easily be the worst offensive lineup in basketball. We NEED Bargs to score right off the hop for us or we'll find ourselves down by ten at the end of the first quarter again.
    No argument there. The make up of our starting line up is this, a rook at Center that has the promise to be a legitimate starter, a starting PG, a Power Forward that maybe more efficient coming off the bench but forced to start because both our wings are unreliable in creating their own offense. 60 million of money wasted because the GM's false hopes.
    Last edited by Raps Insider 12; 11-02-2012 at 04:55 PM.

vCash
    dude has butter fingers. lowry found him twice for point blank dunks but he fumbled them.

he'll get his chance as the season goes on. we worked hard with him this offseason.

vCash
    He's not going to be that much more than what we already know about him. He's a double double guy when given the mins but that's it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    He's not going to be that much more than what we already know about him. He's a double double guy when given the mins but that's it.
    You make it sound like a consistent double/double guy who can provide defence and shot-blocking is easily replaced. How many bench bigs league-wide can provide that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsSon View Post
    You make it sound like a consistent double/double guy who can provide defence and shot-blocking is easily replaced. How many bench bigs league-wide can provide that?
    I said it that way because we already have someone like that in Jonas. We need someone to complement Jonas. Davis contributes the exact same as Jonas does.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post

Incorrect.

Landry's deal is not backloaded for the raps. It's 6.25 per the 3 years. The offer was structured that way so that NY would have had to pay huge lux taxes in his final year... But Toronto did not have to structure it that way when NY declined.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    Incorrect.

Landry's deal is not backloaded for the raps. It's 6.25 per the 3 years. The offer was structured that way so that NY would have had to pay huge lux taxes in his final year... But Toronto did not have to structure it that way when NY declined.
    Really? That's interesting because I got this information that says otherwise

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

But feel free to provide me a most reliable source of Field's salary contract details.

vCash
    http://www.storytellerscontracts.com/

A true insider wouldn't be using hoops hype.... : )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    http://www.storytellerscontracts.com/

A true insider wouldn't be using hoops hype.... : )
    Haha. I don't see it but if it is there then they are both equally saying part of the truth .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast