Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    I'm certainly not ready to get on the trade bandwagon. Maybe sometime down the line..but way too early now.

I'm just trying to figure out how everyone is so out of sync?? I mean really...back to back games scoring less than 90 points against two clubs that aren't that stout on defense??

vCash
    and you also have to laugh how Karl had his club working on defense the majority of the preseason...and they still look awful out there...

What is he saying to them exactly? "Don't rotate to your guy, get caught in the pick and roll, and don't get defensive rebounds." In that case..they really are listening to you Karl..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    I'm certainly not ready to get on the trade bandwagon. Maybe sometime down the line..but way too early now.

I'm just trying to figure out how everyone is so out of sync?? I mean really...back to back games scoring less than 90 points against two clubs that aren't that stout on defense??
    Yeah, they are playing like they were a team put together at a pick-up game. The real issue is with defense and rebounding. Nuggets have not been able to run because they aren't grabbing defensive boards.

They played well in the 3rd qtr tonight when they got stops and were able to attack. Gallo played reasonably well but all bigs were M.I.A tonight, especially Faried.

Big Baby owned them. It was very frustrating. They cut a 23 point deficit in the third qtr to just 10. But then came out in the 4th with two turnovers and poor D. Lead went back out to 16.

I am not ready to give up on the team. They have the same major pieces they had last year plus the addition of Iguodala. What makes it more frustrating is they lost two games they should have at a minimum split and a 2-0 start was not unreasonable to expect.

They seem hesitant and lack confidence. Not taking open shots. But getting out rebounded by Orlando is pretty pathetic. Gallo lead scoring and rebounding for Nuggets. As much as I like Gallo, he shouldnt be our leading rebounder. Our bigs are just not performing. Granted Mozzy is out injured (again!!!) but Big Baby Davis should not have had the night he had if our bigs had come to play.

Just frustrating.

vCash
    and you also have to laugh how Karl had his club working on defense the majority of the preseason...and they still look awful out there...

What is he saying to them exactly? "Don't rotate to your guy, get caught in the pick and roll, and don't get defensive rebounds." In that case..they really are listening to you Karl..
    I dont know what you call it, but GK must be demotivating the players during timeouts and qtr/half time breaks.

Seems like every stop in play, GK must deflate the team cause they always get outscored after timeouts and qtr/ halftime.

vCash
    Hummm....what??

How does Turkolgu have 6 points..nelson has 9...then Glen Davis...GLEN DAVIS!!!!...get 29..
    Our Centers suck.

- Kufos: 27 min, 6 reb, 7 pts.
    - McGee: 11 min, 2 reb, 4 pts.

- Davis: 34 min, 10 reb, 29 pts.

This two-headed pansy plan at Center is such crap. Kufos really isn't very good, and McGee will never get very good playing just 11 minutes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Poz303 View Post

They played well in the 3rd qtr tonight when they got stops and were able to attack. Gallo played reasonably well but all bigs were M.I.A tonight, especially Faried.
    One has to wonder what is going on in Faried's mind..He just doesn't look right...hasn't looked right since preseason. Is Karl making him worse?? Has the league figured him out?? Is he just stupid and unable to play intelligently defensively??

Really, how hard is it to rotate and box-out??

Take into consideration that NONE of our bigs are offensive threats and how in the HELL are they this terrible defensively??

Quote Originally Posted by Poz303 View Post
    I dont know what you call it, but GK must be demotivating the players during timeouts and qtr/half time breaks.

Seems like every stop in play, GK must deflate the team cause they always get outscored after timeouts and qtr/ halftime.
    Karl has been doing that for years. It's a sign that you either don't have a good team...or your players just don't respect/listen to you.

I don't think any player listens to or respects Karl. Karl tells Ty to be aggressive all the time...and he is always hesitant, Karl "preaches defense" yet we're always terrible. I don't get it.

vCash
    lol laughing at all the people demanding we trade players after our first 2 games of the season. I know its hard every1 needs to calm down and be patient. Obviously our team isn't playing at 100% yet, (i'd say we are at 30% at the moment, seriously) we just need to wait. Some teams take longer than others to adjust back into regular season mode.

https://scloud.com/skipaterner/getting-older-by-the-dayound
    Just a fellow long time PSD user, please listen to track ya'll, appreciate it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 010957 View Post
    lol laughing at all the people demanding we trade players after our first 2 games of the season. I know its hard every1 needs to calm down and be patient. Obviously our team isn't playing at 100% yet, (i'd say we are at 30% at the moment, seriously) we just need to wait. Some teams take longer than others to adjust back into regular season mode.
    Agreed. I think we all have high expectations and it's a very slow and frustrating start but there are still 80 games to go and this team should be better than last year.

Winning on the road in the NBA is difficult and Denver got a very rough schedule. Would have hoped that having a training camp and preseason would have helped but it is frustrating that the team seems so out of synch right now.

I think the loses would have been easier to stomach if we had played well but beaten by teams that just outplayed us. The Nuggets look so out of synch.

vCash
    Jordan Hamilton, SF 3 MIN | 1-2 FG | 2-4 FT | 1 REB | 0 AST | 4 PTS | +4
    I do not know why Jordan Hamilton isn’t seeing more time. I really don’t. Is there a reason? Is it just because he’s young? The only thing I can think of is that he’s sometimes a little reckless with his shot attempts. But at this point, he’s the perfect remedy for what the Nuggets are missing. Even if he takes several bad shots, at least he’ll be out there trying to make things happen. Plus, is there any doubt he won’t get at least 15 points if you give him ample playing time?
    RBMC

Kalen gets it..

If J-Ham were to get the minutes that Corey Brewer was getting.....would anybody refuse to buy into the fact that he would get 15 points night in and out??

This is why I hated the fact Brewer's shot was "looking better" b/c that gives Karl more of a ****in excuse to play Brewer instead of the superior offensive player in J-Ham.

"But Brewer plays defense.." Bull ****. He gambles. If you have to take risks in order to play defense, you're not playing defense. Period.

Brewer's role has been established long ago...use him in SPURTS. He'll actually play defense IN SPURTS. Giving him 24+ minutes a game is a recipe for disaster...and here we are..

vCash
    RBMC

Kalen gets it..

If J-Ham were to get the minutes that Corey Brewer was getting.....would anybody refuse to buy into the fact that he would get 15 points night in and out??

This is why I hated the fact Brewer's shot was "looking better" b/c that gives Karl more of a ****in excuse to play Brewer instead of the superior offensive player in J-Ham.

"But Brewer plays defense.." Bull ****. He gambles. If you have to take risks in order to play defense, you're not playing defense. Period.

Brewer's role has been established long ago...use him in SPURTS. He'll actually play defense IN SPURTS. Giving him 24+ minutes a game is a recipe for disaster...and here we are..
    Yep, and when the Nuggets finally got the lead under double digits or to ten, Corey Brewer fouls Jameer Nelson on the inbounds under the Nuggets basket when the Nuggets are over the limit. Two easy points for Orlando and they didn't even have to cross the half court line.

That's not a savvy heads up veteran play, especially in the middle of a comeback attempt.

vCash
    Didn't start off this season like we hoped, but not overreacting yet.

Although I was worried about this, since it didn't seem like we took the preseason seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i mean its really early, and I dont wanna count preseason, but Iggy has been very poor offensively, which is following his career trend of seemingly declining as an offensive player every year. his scoring peaked in 2008 and has gone down every year since.
    I agree that it's still very early but I guess what I am commenting on is the effect that Andre is having on the offense as a whole. The Nuggets just do not seem to be running or playing that up-tempo game as much thus far. Could it be that Andre's game just hasn't meshed well with that approach as of yet? Also, I don't see where his defensive presence has been such an asset either.....
    Last edited by ebozzz; 11-03-2012 at 02:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebozzz View Post
    I agree that it's still very early but I guess what I am commenting on is the effect that Andre is having on the offense as a whole. The Nuggets just do not seem to be running or playing that up-tempo game as much thus far. Could it be that Andre's game just hasn't meshed well with that approach as of yet? Also, I don't see where his defensive presence has been such an asset either.....
    I knew this was going to come sooner or later. I call it..the AAAA syndrome.

The one guy that actually tries and plays defense is going to be magnified for his defense. As much as opponent fans tried to tell us...Igua is not a team changer. He isn't going to change the dynamics of the defense. If the other guys aren't playing defense..there's not much he can do. It's impossible for 1 guy out of 5 players to hold down the fort on defense and that does take a toll on the guy who's playing defense.

It just seems to me that everyone is so out of the sync that everything is off even the things they are supposedly good at.

vCash
    I knew this was going to come sooner or later. I call it..the AAAA syndrome.

The one guy that actually tries and plays defense is going to be magnified for his defense. As much as opponent fans tried to tell us...Igua is not a team changer. He isn't going to change the dynamics of the defense. If the other guys aren't playing defense..there's not much he can do. It's impossible for 1 guy out of 5 players to hold down the fort on defense and that does take a toll on the guy who's playing defense.

It just seems to me that everyone is so out of the sync that everything is off even the things they are supposedly good at.
    True, if no one else is playing defense one person that is won't matter. But, I just have not seen Andre be this dominant defensive force that he is supposed to be. Not saying that he won't begin to flash that or that the team will not improve. It's just not working out thus far. Out of sync is right. Gut check time for the team...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345