Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 735 of 1108
  1. #721
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,011
    vCash
    1500
    As long as the core remains the same (Lee,Curry,Bogut) the chemistry shouldn't be affected by acquiring a bench player.

    Can't trade Biedrins for Blatche though because Blatche's salary is under $1 million and Biedrins is $9 million. Trading for Blatche though would be a nice piece. He can really score and he's got size. No doubting his talent.
    Tottenham Hotspur
    San Francisco Warriors
    San Francisco Giants
    San Francisco 49ers

  2. #722
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,707
    vCash
    34875
    I am starting to believe he doesn't actually play basketball or he really thinks highly of Biedrens. Either way, he doesn't know much.

  3. #723
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    14,704
    vCash
    1500
    In your theoretical world if a trade of Biedrins for Blatche went down, it is a marginal upgrade. You can say Blatche is the much better player, which is your opinion. But I must see the game differently than you do. Because when I look at Biedrins is see an elite defender, a good rebounder, and a poor offensive player. When I look at Blatche I see an average defender, a good rebounder, and an average offensive player. Like I said it's a marginal upgrade. And why would you risk hurting the chemistry of the team for a marginal upgrade? Especially when that player is known to be bad in the locker room? You can say he's changed, but he had to be in the perfect scenario for his attitude not to be a problem. How do you know that a trade wont make him revert to his old attitude? Like I said you look at the game like most typical fans do, which is fine. I look at it allot more tentatively.


    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

  4. #724
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    www.hunterpence.com
    Posts
    1,578
    vCash
    1500
    can blatche play power forward?

  5. #725
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    14,704
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah. He's probably more of a power forward than center.


    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

  6. #726
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    www.hunterpence.com
    Posts
    1,578
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    Yeah. He's probably more of a power forward than center.

    but then landy's time would be cut. See some of our weaknesses are our strengths, so it's tricky

  7. #727
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,707
    vCash
    34875
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    In your theoretical world if a trade of Biedrins for Blatche went down, it is a marginal upgrade. You can say Blatche is the much better player, which is your opinion. But I must see the game differently than you do. Because when I look at Biedrins is see an elite defender, a good rebounder, and a poor offensive player. When I look at Blatche I see an average defender, a good rebounder, and an average offensive player. Like I said it's a marginal upgrade. And why would you risk hurting the chemistry of the team for a marginal upgrade? Especially when that player is known to be bad in the locker room? You can say he's changed, but he had to be in the perfect scenario for his attitude not to be a problem. How do you know that a trade wont make him revert to his old attitude? Like I said you look at the game like most typical fans do, which is fine. I look at it allot more tentatively.
    No, you look at it a lot more like the casual fan. It's all very strikingly similar to the casual fan.

    You think the Spurs worried about chemistry when they traded for Captain Jack last year, despite him only being a marginal upgrade? No, because his play wouldn't affect the teams play and they have a good system in place.

    You are a lot more concerned about things that probably wouldn't be a problem. We aren't flipping David Lee for Lamarcus Albridge or Stephen Curry for Tony Parker. This is a second string center and chemistry here is of very little concern. "If we trade for this second string center our whole season would be ****ed because I tricked myself into thinking Biedrens is better somehow or at least chill to hang out with."

    Yep, a lot more like the casual fan.

  8. #728
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    14,704
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    No, you look at it a lot more like the casual fan. It's all very strikingly similar to the casual fan.

    You think the Spurs worried about chemistry when they traded for Captain Jack last year, despite him only being a marginal upgrade? No, because his play wouldn't affect the teams play and they have a good system in place.

    You are a lot more concerned about things that probably wouldn't be a problem. We aren't flipping David Lee for Lamarcus Albridge or Stephen Curry for Tony Parker. This is a second string center and chemistry here is of very little concern. "If we trade for this second string center our whole season would be ****ed because I tricked myself into thinking Biedrens is better somehow or at least chill to hang out with."

    Yep, a lot more like the casual fan.
    You think they made that trade to improve? They made that trade to save money. Just like the Grizzlies just did. Those type of owners could care less about chemistry, there in it for the money. I'm not saying a trade like that would ruin our entire season, but chemistry is something you have to take into account, especially when the trade is that small. You think that trade would make us that much better than we are now? I don't think so. I value Biedrins' defense. Off the top of my head I can think of a few games we would have lost without Biedrins. We would have lost against the Jazz on the road, against the Clippers on the road, against Miami on the road, in every one of those games Biedrins guarded the best post player. I remember Jefferson was rolling, Biedrins stopped him. I remember Griffen was rolling, Biedrins stopped him. I remember Bosh got a few buckets late in the game, Biedrins stopped him. And those games are just off the top of my head. Blatche doesn't have that ability. Blatche is a scorer, which we have plenty of. So we get worse in that trade in my opinion, and chemistry takes a hit.


    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

  9. #729
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    14,704
    vCash
    1500
    Blatche gives us more of what we already have. Biedrins gives us something every team could use, great post defense.


    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

  10. #730
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,707
    vCash
    34875
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    You think they made that trade to improve? They made that trade to save money. Just like the Grizzlies just did. Those type of owners could care less about chemistry, there in it for the money. I'm not saying a trade like that would ruin our entire season, but chemistry is something you have to take into account, especially when the trade is that small. You think that trade would make us that much better than we are now? I don't think so. I value Biedrins' defense. Off the top of my head I can think of a few games we would have lost without Biedrins. We would have lost against the Jazz on the road, against the Clippers on the road, against Miami on the road, in every one of those games Biedrins guarded the best post player. I remember Jefferson was rolling, Biedrins stopped him. I remember Griffen was rolling, Biedrins stopped him. I remember Bosh got a few buckets late in the game, Biedrins stopped him. And those games are just off the top of my head. Blatche doesn't have that ability. Blatche is a scorer, which we have plenty of. So we get worse in that trade in my opinion, and chemistry takes a hit.
    Are you questioning the Spurs deals to win?

    And lol at this anecdotal evidence. I can think of a few games of where having a nonshitty center at the time would have won us the game. Kings game (twice), one of the Magic games, the Nuggets game, etc.

    Biedrens has posted negative value and he has posted poor clutch stats. Blatche has posted positive value and good clutch stats.

    It's not a debate unless you are a homer.

    http://www.82games.com/1213/12GSW14.HTM

    Effective Field goal percentage is .417. He's a ****ing center. -30 points vs other centers for the season in the minutes Biedrens plays.

    If the team chemistry is so fickle that we can't trade for an upgrade at our second string position this team has a lot of ****ing problems.

    It doesn't have those problems and right now you are definitely over valuing chemistry. Obviously it exists, but you are putting so much emphasis on it to the point of abject nonsense.

    Biedrens isn't integral. We aren't swapping out a starter for another starter that both have similar values.
    Last edited by Guppyfighter; 02-05-2013 at 01:28 AM.

  11. #731
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    14,704
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not talking offensively, I'm talking defensively. I'm not talking post tense, I'm talking present tense. We have Bogut, Landry, Lee, why would we need Blatche? Of course Blatche has better offense numbers than Biedrins, a ****ing kid could put up better numbers than Biedrins on offense. But if you think that his defense hasn't won us a few games, your just straight up dumb. You can say oh if we would have had Blatche for this game we could have won, fact is we didn't and I'm tired of arguing about something that has no chance at happening.


    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

  12. #732
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,707
    vCash
    34875
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    I'm not talking offensively, I'm talking defensively. I'm not talking post tense, I'm talking present tense. We have Bogut, Landry, Lee, why would we need Blatche? Of course Blatche has better offense numbers than Biedrins, a ****ing kid could put up better numbers than Biedrins on offense. But if you think that his defense hasn't won us a few games, your just straight up dumb. You can say oh if we would have had Blatche for this game we could have won, fact is we didn't and I'm tired of arguing about something that has no chance at happening.
    If you think Biedrens contributes to winning basketball you are dumb.

    -30 on court, +62 off court.

    You know who is better in that regard? Ezeli. Festus ****ing Ezeli has been better than Biedresn this year. Jesus, I know we are all Warrior fans here and have slight biases but thinking Blatche taking over the second string role wouldn't help us, is pretty silly.

    Can't believe you are arguing Biedrens has won us games this year. SMH.

  13. #733
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,707
    vCash
    34875
    When you don't have a threat in the middle things get harder to shoot down in the perimeter. He hurts our entire offense. The paint is no longer being used at a high rate and Curry/Klay suffer as a result.

    Blatch will improve them on that regard when they are playing with the second string center.

  14. #734
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    www.hunterpence.com
    Posts
    1,578
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    When you don't have a threat in the middle things get harder to shoot down in the perimeter. He hurts our entire offense. The paint is no longer being used at a high rate and Curry/Klay suffer as a result.

    Blatch will improve them on that regard when they are playing with the second string center.


    I don't understand how biedrins forgot how to score a basketball. How do you forget how to score a point? He clearly is not washed up because he's able to block shots well and rebound. But how do you go from a 12 ppg scorer to a half a point scorer? You think he just lost his ability to score 1 point a game? And when he catches a pass, he looks like he's scared to get the ball.

  15. #735
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,707
    vCash
    34875
    I don't understand it either. Oh well.

    That's what makes Biedrens so frustating.

Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •