Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

2012-13 Warriors Season/Trade Ideas Thread

Trade talk and injuries should be talked about here.

As well as general Warriors talk.
    Last edited by ESaady; 11-07-2012 at 04:47 AM. Reason: adding more points to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    So would you guys make this trade?

GSW Trade:
    Harrison Barnes
    Charles Jenkins
    Jeremy Tyler
    Andris Biedrins

ATL Trade:
    Josh Smith

Curry-Jack
    Thompson-Rush-Bazemore
    Smith-Jefferson-Green
    Lee-Landry-Smith
    Bogut-Ezeli

The trade would be made at the deadline, so Biedrins' contract wouldn't be that much of a burden for Atlanta, and Smith is an expiring contract, but we would be able to re-sign him. It might push us over the luxury tax with Bogut's, Lee's, Curry's, and Smith's contracts, but it makes us a much better team.

If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.

vCash
    no

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    maybe

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    yes...

vCash
    Na but seriously I think we have too much depth lol. It's like guys are hesitant to shoot because they know that there's someone just as good or better then them on the floor. I think we need to lose some of our depth and acquire more talent.

vCash
    Na but seriously I think we have too much depth lol. It's like guys are hesitant to shoot because they know that there's someone just as good or better then them on the floor. I think we need to lose some of our depth and acquire more talent.
    wait until we have a few guys banged up or when we are on a long road trip and David Lee has enough energy to carry us in the last quarter of the teams 5th game in 7 nights, thats when the depth will have real value.

LOL- having said that- id do that trade for josh smith. Smith and Bogut in the front court... LOL people would completely forget that david lee cant play defense to save his life.

Also- a lot of the depth given up in that trade isnt whats gonna carry us. Tyler, and Beidrins.

I think itd have to be more like

Beidrins, Barnes, and Rush for J Smith and D Stevenson.... or john jenkins (Festus's old team mate).
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Or maybe offer them Lee, Thompson, Jenkins, and Biedrins for Smith, Korver, Zaza, and a 1st round pick?

Curry-Jack
    Rush-Bazemore-Korver
    Barnes-Jefferson-Green
    Smith-Landry-Tyler
    Bogut-Ezeli-Zaza

Wow the defense on that team would be crazy good. Rush, Bazemore, Smith, Bogut, and Ezeli are all great defenders. And we get rid of Biedrins contract, and get Korvers & Zaza's expiring contract, we would have enough money to re-sign Smith and have extra money to go after a Shooting Guard.
    Last edited by Monta is beast; 11-02-2012 at 02:01 AM.

vCash
    Or maybe offer them Lee, Thompson, and Biedrins for Smith, Korver, and a 1st round pick?

Curry-Jack-Jenkins
    Rush-Bazemore-Korver
    Barnes-Jefferson-Green
    Smith-Landry-Tyler
    Bogut-Ezeli

Wow the defense on that team would be crazy good. Rush, Bazemore, Smith, Bogut, and Ezeli are all great defenders. And we get rid of Biedrins contract, and get Korvers expiring contract, we would have enough money to re-sign Smith and have extra money to go after a Shooting Guard.
    does atlanta agree to take lees contract?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    does atlanta agree to take lees contract?
    I don't see why they wouldn't. They already have young talent with Teague & Harford, if they were to add Thompson they would have a bright future, and Lee's still a productive player.

vCash
    I don't see why they wouldn't. They already have young talent with Teague & Harford, if they were to add Thompson they would have a bright future, and Lee's still a productive player.
    I was under the impression that they would be unloading smith to avoid paying him a big contract- but Lees isnt great.....and smith can do everything and more than lee can do.

vCash
    I would say lee is more consistant- except last nights game wouldnt aid that argument

vCash
    Lee has a higher basketball IQ and that's basically it. Smith does every thing better, except his decision making leaves Hawks fans annoyed. Most deep two's taken last year out of anyone. Chris Paul could fix that...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Lee has a higher basketball IQ and that's basically it. Smith does every thing better, except his decision making leaves Hawks fans annoyed. Most deep two's taken last year out of anyone. Chris Paul could fix that...
    Smith is clearly better than Lee, I know that. But they also get Klay Thompson, who's value is sky high right now, as well as Charles Jenkins who has potential to be something. That's why they take back Biedrins' contract and give us two expiring contracts and a 1st round pick.

vCash
    no to all of that.

trade monta for danny granger or rudy gay

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast