Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Is he better than Frank Gore? Nope.
    Is he better than Kendall Hunter? Nope.

End of discussion. You don't hear Larry Grant complaining on twitter. Jacobs is acting like a child. He said himself the reason why he came here was the 49ers offered him more money than anyone else. You are making your money Jacobs. Now kindly shut the **** up, stay ready, and act like a professional.

And being a Super Bowl winner has absolutely nothing to do with whether he should be playing or not.
    You're going to compare Larry Grant to a 2 time super bowl champion? Yea, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    It was a good signing for the 49ers (they now have quality depth at a reasonable price). It was a bad signing for Jacobs if he wanted to contribute. He should've been smart enough to sign somewhere that didn't have so much depth at RB. The 49ers offered him more money than other teams, and he went for the cash. That's his fault. He needs to keep his mouth shut and be prepared to play. If he wants to sign somewhere else next year, he has that right.
    False promises could have been made. During preseason he looked like he was going to be getting some touches during the season for sure. It really looked that way.

Quote Originally Posted by richiesaurus310 View Post
    Why would we get rid of Jacobs lol? A little insurance never hurt. Jocobs can stfu, he knew when he signed at best he'd be our 3rd running back. Hopefully he doesn't get his chance, but it's good to know he is there. Maybe he'll get some PT weeks 16 and 17.
    Again when he signed I'm sure he was told he would be a part of the team at the very least. He is a guy standing on the sidelines doing nothing when he's used to being on the field running guys over. I have absolutely no problem with him saying what he's saying. He's showing he wants to get on the field and earn his paycheck. I would bet anyone he was given false promise to sign here and Harbaugh used his injury as an excuse to not play him. I like Harbaugh, but he seems like a coach that plays a bit of mind games even with his own players.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    You're going to compare Larry Grant to a 2 time super bowl champion? Yea, that makes sense.

False promises could have been made. During preseason he looked like he was going to be getting some touches during the season for sure. It really looked that way.

Again when he signed I'm sure he was told he would be a part of the team at the very least. He is a guy standing on the sidelines doing nothing when he's used to being on the field running guys over. I have absolutely no problem with him saying what he's saying. He's showing he wants to get on the field and earn his paycheck. I would bet anyone he was given false promise to sign here and Harbaugh used his injury as an excuse to not play him. I like Harbaugh, but he seems like a coach that plays a bit of mind games even with his own players.
    Jacobs being a 2 time Super Bowl champion is irrelevant. He was one of 53 guys on the roster. It's not like he carried that team on his back. And even if he did, what matters now is he is the third best running back on the roster with no special teams value.

The point with Grant was that he is a guy who could start on some teams. He's good enough to play, but he isn't except on special teams. He didn't have the chance to sign with another team because the 49ers tendered him and made him a restricted free agent. You don't see him *****ing on twitter. He's just going to continue to act like a pro and stay ready.

Seriously, your two time champion argument is ******** even for you.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Jacobs being a 2 time Super Bowl champion is irrelevant. He was one of 53 guys on the roster. It's not like he carried that team on his back. And even if he did, what matters now is he is the third best running back on the roster with no special teams value.

The point with Grant was that he is a guy who could start on some teams. He's good enough to play, but he isn't except on special teams. He didn't have the chance to sign with another team because the 49ers tendered him and made him a restricted free agent. You don't see him *****ing on twitter. He's just going to continue to act like a pro and stay ready.

Seriously, your two time champion argument is ******** even for you.
    No, it's not ********. He's been there, and he contributed. He contributes more than Grant.

And Jacobs is good enough to start for plenty of teams in the league as well, or at least be a big part of a tandem backfield. It's not like Jacobs was some scrub on those teams. He's a guy who had an important role on his team.
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    No, it's not ********. He's been there, and he contributed. He contributes more than Grant.

And Jacobs is good enough to start for plenty of teams in the league as well, or at least be a big part of a tandem backfield. It's not like Jacobs was some scrub on those teams. He's a guy who had an important role on his team.
    Well, it's not like he was the "feature player". Plus, most teams must not think he's good enough to start for them because nobody else wanted to pay him. I agree with you that he wasn't a scrub, but the Giants had pretty bad rushing offenses when he was there. Now he's on a top 2 or 3 rushing team as a backup running back with no ST value and he's having trouble cracking the lineup. Part of his problem in the past was his attitude and whining about how he's being used. That's probably another reason teams didn't want him.

vCash
    I've said this before and I'll say it again. It's not like this offense is so dominant that they can keep established players sitting and watching. And I don't believe Jacbos falls under the Bryant Westbrook category where he's clearly finished and just playing out his last year.

There have been a few games where Gore hasn't done well, but for the most part he's been good. I think Jacobs will contribute to the team this year, most likely due to wear and tear of Gore or Hunter, and he'll be fresh so he should be ready to go.

Jacobs being frustrated is clearly understandable. Imagine if you weren't allowed to do your job. You'd be crazy to be happy about it.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    I've said this before and I'll say it again. It's not like this offense is so dominant that they can keep established players sitting and watching. And I don't believe Jacbos falls under the Bryant Westbrook category where he's clearly finished and just playing out his last year.

There have been a few games where Gore hasn't done well, but for the most part he's been good. I think Jacobs will contribute to the team this year, most likely due to wear and tear of Gore or Hunter, and he'll be fresh so he should be ready to go.

Jacobs being frustrated is clearly understandable. Imagine if you weren't allowed to do your job. You'd be crazy to be happy about it.
    If I got to walk around my "job site" in sweats and watching other people work while still being paid full dollar, I'd be crazy not to enjoy it. As long as he stays in shape this is not a wasted year in his career as actually playing is what shortens RB careers, if anything this is extending his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    If I got to walk around my "job site" in sweats and watching other people work while still being paid full dollar, I'd be crazy not to enjoy it. As long as he stays in shape this is not a wasted year in his career as actually playing is what shortens RB careers, if anything this is extending his career.
    If I could have Jacobs job of sitting around in sweats and watching the 49ers for just 1 year, I would be soooo happy. I'd buy a $150k house cash, then invest the rest of the money, retire the day after the season and live off the interest. Maybe I'd pick up some stress free job where I only worked on a limited basis. Ah, how great that would be. Jacobs has it so rough.

vCash
    If I could have Jacobs job of sitting around in sweats and watching the 49ers for just 1 year, I would be soooo happy. I'd buy a $150k house cash, then invest the rest of the money, retire the day after the season and live off the interest. Maybe I'd pick up some stress free job where I only worked on a limited basis. Ah, how great that would be. Jacobs has it so rough.
    maybe if you were a 6'4 beast with speed like him, you know you're good enough to be a contributor for a super bowl caliber team, you know you could be out there scoring touchdowns, be a hero, and earn some more future paychecks with other teams to buy MORE houses or whatever you want, then you'd probably be pretty frustrated too haha.

But yes, we're not blessed like him. So the "little" contract he has would be like paradise for us.

vCash
    I guess not every one is lazy and some people want to actually work for what they are being paid?

Honestly, why in the hell are people getting on Jacobs for WANTING to earn his money? That's ****ing ridiculous

vCash
    I guess not every one is lazy and some people want to actually work for what they are being paid?

Honestly, why in the hell are people getting on Jacobs for WANTING to earn his money? That's ****ing ridiculous
    It's not for wanting to earn his money that people are upset. Let's use an office analogy here. If Jacobs wanted a promotion to a higher position, but wasn't getting it because the position he wanted wasn't available. What should he do? Should he go on social media and complain about it publicly? Of course not. He should continue to work hard and hopefully his chance will come. If not, then he can look for employment elsewhere. Same situation here. If Jacobs wants to play, he can keep working hard and if he doesn't get his opportunity here, then next season he can go elsewhere, but the twitter comments aren't helping him here or in securing teams for his next venture.

vCash
    It's not for wanting to earn his money that people are upset. Let's use an office analogy here. If Jacobs wanted a promotion to a higher position, but wasn't getting it because the position he wanted wasn't available. What should he do? Should he go on social media and complain about it publicly? Of course not. He should continue to work hard and hopefully his chance will come. If not, then he can look for employment elsewhere. Same situation here. If Jacobs wants to play, he can keep working hard and if he doesn't get his opportunity here, then next season he can go elsewhere, but the twitter comments aren't helping him here or in securing teams for his next venture.
    Good analogy.

vCash
    I don't see it as that at all. This is a guy who, I'm pretty sure, was promised he was going to have, AT LEAST, a little role on this team. The 49ers went to him for him to come here, not the other way around. Harbaugh can be VERY persuasive and gave him a little bit more money for him to leave NY and come here. During the offseason/preseason he worked his *** off to get in the best shape of his career thus far, and during the preseason, short time he was in there, he was running hard. Doing what we needed of him before he got hurt. He's worked his butt off to get healthy and we can't even activate him for a game to see what he can bring?

Going with your analogy, you just went out to a guy who's contract is up, offered him a contract and most likely some kind of role in your company. He comes over, preps like he hasn't before, does well in the beginning and then...um gets hurt? idk...but then you still have that asset, but you are unwilling to even let him contribute? You could have something that could be HUGE for your staff, and you won't even see what he has to bring to the table. Seeing his skill set that would thrive under the other co-workers skill set (offensive line, which has ALWAYS sucked in NY btw)....that makes 0 sense

vCash
    He won't be the only one frustrated soon. "The Phoenix" will join him.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    I like that Jacobs wants to earn his paycheck, but how he's done it has been all wrong. If he's seriously unhappy with everything, then he should have been going to the coaches and asking for a trade IMO. I definitely think he felt he was going to have a chance at a position on the team (based on Harbaugh). However that clearly hasn't materialized for obvious reasons. No way can you sit Hunter or Gore right now in any situation. So as bad as it sucks for Jacobs, he needs to grin and bear it and support the team.

vCash

I could care less what his contract is....

How's Gore & Hunter doing this year?
    STFU Jacobs, and what? We would've beat the Giants if you played?

I'm sick of this prick complaining on Twitter, stuff losers do, not 2-Time Super Bowl champ players do.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast