Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah I gotta go with rapjuicer on this jacobs thing. I agree with him and I definitely would be upset if a year of my career is being wasted. you guys keep saying "well he's getting paid a nice paycheck for it" but the fact that Jacobs is mad despite the money shows that he's a competitor and actually wants to play football and help the team. He's not one of those guys that cares about just the money. For a RB who's 30 (the dreaded age of NFL runningbacks) and knows he can help the team, I completely understand the frustration. Should he be going to twitter for that? No. But give the guy a break, he can definitely be productive for the team and is frustrated that he can't. With that being said, it still wasn't a good signing by the 49ers with that surplus of RB's we have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth49er View Post
    I guess everyone isnt a know it all guru like you Lakers . I just don't understand the reason for signing and keeping Jacobs.
    You keep him because his contract became 100% guaranteed once he made the 53 man roster after training camp/preseason so you don't save any money cutting him. They want him as insurance against injury to Gore/Hunter and there aren't any better running back free agents out there.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    Yeah I gotta go with rapjuicer on this jacobs thing. I agree with him and I definitely would be upset if a year of my career is being wasted. you guys keep saying "well he's getting paid a nice paycheck for it" but the fact that Jacobs is mad despite the money shows that he's a competitor and actually wants to play football and help the team. He's not one of those guys that cares about just the money. For a RB who's 30 (the dreaded age of NFL runningbacks) and knows he can help the team, I completely understand the frustration. Should he be going to twitter for that? No. But give the guy a break, he can definitely be productive for the team and is frustrated that he can't. With that being said, it still wasn't a good signing by the 49ers with that surplus of RB's we have.
    Jacobs said himself he signed here because we offered him the most money. The Giants offered him like 25k less. I guess that extra 25k meant a lot to him. And again, him publicly *****ing isn't helping his cause. He's acting unprofessional.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    You keep him because his contract became 100% guaranteed once he made the 53 man roster after training camp/preseason so you don't save any money cutting him. They want him as insurance against injury to Gore/Hunter and there aren't any better running back free agents out there.
    Yeah I understand that, I just thought he would have seen some kind of action by now. The way things are looking with Gore and Hunter he may never see the field.

vCash
    I guess everyone isnt a know it all guru like you Lakers . I just don't understand the reason for signing and keeping Jacobs.
    Quality depth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    It was a good signing for the 49ers (they now have quality depth at a reasonable price). It was a bad signing for Jacobs if he wanted to contribute. He should've been smart enough to sign somewhere that didn't have so much depth at RB. The 49ers offered him more money than other teams, and he went for the cash. That's his fault. He needs to keep his mouth shut and be prepared to play. If he wants to sign somewhere else next year, he has that right.

vCash
    Yeah I understand that, I just thought he would have seen some kind of action by now. The way things are looking with Gore and Hunter he may never see the field.
    That's not a bad thing. That means our better RBs stayed healthy.

vCash
    And are both averaging 5+ yards a carry.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    He's rattling cages just enough to be able to say he was taken out of context and maybe enough to get himself cut. I would have liked to see them trade him before the deadline for some picks. The extra depth isn't worth the bs he could create.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan View Post
    He's rattling cages just enough to be able to say he was taken out of context and maybe enough to get himself cut. I would have liked to see them trade him before the deadline for some picks. The extra depth isn't worth the bs he could create.
    Nobody is going to trade picks for Brandon Jacobs.

Slap Hands!

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    I think we could get an eighth rounder...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Nobody is going to trade picks for Brandon Jacobs.
    they may have been able to get a late round before the deadline

vCash
    Why would we get rid of Jacobs lol? A little insurance never hurt. Jocobs can stfu, he knew when he signed at best he'd be our 3rd running back. Hopefully he doesn't get his chance, but it's good to know he is there. Maybe he'll get some PT weeks 16 and 17.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan View Post
    they may have been able to get a late round before the deadline
    Sure...maybe. Doubtful. And if they tried to do that nobody would have heard about it.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    didn't say anybody would hear about it, just said I would have preferred it. Don't really think a distraction in the locker room is worth it when we have Gore, Hunter, Dixon and a 2nd round pick that hasn't even seen the field.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast