Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I'd like to see what someone as fast as James would do behind this offensive line. They open the hole and get him to the second level, then watch out!
    Hunter But I do get what you're saying. I'm when a defense is tired and kinda beat up, having to tackle a guy like Jacobs is just ********. Hunter would be easier to bring down than Jacobs
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Hunter But I do get what you're saying. I'm when a defense is tired and kinda beat up, having to tackle a guy like Jacobs is just ********. Hunter would be easier to bring down than Jacobs
    Hunter yes....but James just has that blazing gear in the open field. Not that Hunter is slow....James is just electric.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Hunter yes....but James just has that blazing gear in the open field. Not that Hunter is slow....James is just electric.
    Wow, you and I agree. This is a hallmark moment

vCash
    electric in college...

we don't know what he can do in the NFL. I didn't see anything in the pre-season to wow me (like TO did as a WR in preseason in 96)

Jacobs is NFL proven and probably needed this year especially with the playoffs. A punishing back is a good asset to have. Just look at what Lynch and Jackson did to the 49ers defense.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    electric in college...

we don't know what he can do in the NFL. I didn't see anything in the pre-season to wow me (like TO did as a WR in preseason in 96)

Jacobs is NFL proven and probably needed this year especially with the playoffs. A punishing back is a good asset to have. Just look at what Lynch and Jackson did to the 49ers defense.
    Once again, you have proven that you know nothing about football. There is nothing similar to the style of running that Jacobs does with that of Lynch. Jacobs is a big RB, but has never been a "punishing" RB. He's well known for running soft for his size. He does what everyone got mad at Dixon for doing prior to this year. Dancing to the outside and trying to break tackles instead of bulldozing through defenders. He doesn't get nearly low enough in his stance to play like Lynch. Gore plays closer to Lynch's style than Jacobs ever has.

vCash
    Once again, you have proven that you know nothing about football. There is nothing similar to the style of running that Jacobs does with that of Lynch. Jacobs is a big RB, but has never been a "punishing" RB. He's well known for running soft for his size. He does what everyone got mad at Dixon for doing prior to this year. Dancing to the outside and trying to break tackles instead of bulldozing through defenders. He doesn't get nearly low enough in his stance to play like Lynch. Gore plays closer to Lynch's style than Jacobs ever has.

So focused on knowledge of football. I didn't sign Brandon Jacobs. Jim Harbaugh & Trent Baalke did. They don't know football either? Your insults are misdirected.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Lakers. What do you think short yardage backs are?? Tiny, running the edges? Football doesn't require a high IQ to understand. It's simple. Very simple. Feeble minds can figure it out.

Try pediatric pathology... requires a little more intelligence.

vCash
    So focused on knowledge of football. I didn't sign Brandon Jacobs. Jim Harbaugh & Trent Baalke did. They don't know football either? Your insults are misdirected.
    First, I had negative things to say about the signing the day that it happened. Second, the point of my post was that Jacobs doesn't run the way that you say he does, which you have tried to deflect by changing the subject.

vCash
    Lakers. What do you think short yardage backs are?? Tiny, running the edges? Football doesn't require a high IQ to understand. It's simple. Very simple. Feeble minds can figure it out.

Try pediatric pathology... requires a little more intelligence.
    Complete fail of a post. Short yardage backs are guys who put their nose into the **** and move bodies enough to get those yards. Jacobs looks like Tarzan, runs like Jane, as Lakers said, just like Dixon does.

vCash
    Wow, you and I agree. This is a hallmark moment

To the start of a trend...hopefully.

vCash
    I agree James is more electric, but he didn't show that in preseason. Jacobs in preseason showed hey, I can be a damn abusive short yardage guy, and finish out games running over teams. Hunter isn't NFL ready yet, Jacobs is a 2 time Super Bowl Champion. I have never liked Jacobs, I thought he was a punk last year calling our defense soft and scared. But Jacobs can't make a difference by not being active. Activate him and let him mash people over like he was in preseason
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I agree James is more electric, but he didn't show that in preseason. Jacobs in preseason showed hey, I can be a damn abusive short yardage guy, and finish out games running over teams. Hunter isn't NFL ready yet, Jacobs is a 2 time Super Bowl Champion. I have never liked Jacobs, I thought he was a punk last year calling our defense soft and scared. But Jacobs can't make a difference by not being active. Activate him and let him mash people over like he was in preseason
    I agree, but I think there are two reasons for that.

1. He didn't get hardly any work in the offseason to learn a very complex playbook that most everybody else was already in yr two of. That caused a lot of hesitation in my opinion.

2. He tweaked his ankle before the first preseason game and hurt it more severly in the Houston game. He has now had half the season to pick up the offense and heal.

vCash
    I agree...I just say go with what we know we have

vCash
    I agree...I just say go with what we know we have
    Fair enough. With Gore being a little banged up who knows...we might see both James and Jacobs active.

vCash
    Fan: How's frisco treating you?
    Jacobs: Terrible.
    Sacramento Kings
    Oakland A's
    San Francisco 49's
    San Jose Sharks

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast