Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphy king 88 View Post
    Fan: How's frisco treating you?
    Jacobs: Terrible.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphy king 88 View Post
    Fan: How's frisco treating you?
    Jacobs: Terrible.
    Awwwwweee....that poor guy. I wish Frisco would treat me terrible for $1.75M to wear sweats and have sideline passes for every game.

vCash
    Man you guys are being ridiculous with Jacobs. The guy can help our team, 2 time super bowl winner, spent the offseason getting into the best shape of his career and is not even dressing for games. Yea, I'd be pretty fed up as well
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Man you guys are being ridiculous with Jacobs. The guy can help our team, 2 time super bowl winner, spent the offseason getting into the best shape of his career and is not even dressing for games. Yea, I'd be pretty fed up as well
    I'm just having fun with it now. He's been known to have attitude problems in the past so I think he's just a baby. One of those things where I think he's good...but not as good as HE thinks he is. The Niners lead the league (or close to it) in rushing and have 2 backs averaging 5 yds a carry. If the running game was sucking and such...then OK I can see his argument. Get me on the field cuz what we're doing aint' working. That's not the case though.

vCash
    He's still a football player, he's going to want to play. He's literally wasting a year of his career
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    He's still a football player, he's going to want to play. He's literally wasting a year of his career
    He's getting paid nicely for it, spending a year with a good running back coach, staying healthy late in his career, he'll find somewhere to play next year with fresh legs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    He's getting paid nicely for it, spending a year with a good running back coach, staying healthy late in his career, he'll find somewhere to play next year with fresh legs.
    He's being paid yes, I get that. But I think its fair to say NFL players are a little competitive...And I also think its fair to say Jacobs is very competitive. He's 30 and has averaged 130 some odd carries for his career. His legs are fresh. I'm saying I understand why he's upset. I'm assuming the 49ers called him for his services, not the other way around. A year of his career is just wasted

vCash
    He has the right to be upset about not playing, but making a public spectacle about it is not the answer. He deserves the backlash that he gets from the fans. If he shut his mouth and went to the coaches with his concerns, it would work out better for him.

vCash
    I think the worst thing is he is influencing Lamichael James too. James retweeted his tweet about hating the coach.

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    Jacobs is trying to do some damage control lol.

http://tmi.me/ze8aL

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    Is he better than Frank Gore? Nope.
    Is he better than Kendall Hunter? Nope.

End of discussion. You don't hear Larry Grant complaining on twitter. Jacobs is acting like a child. He said himself the reason why he came here was the 49ers offered him more money than anyone else. You are making your money Jacobs. Now kindly shut the **** up, stay ready, and act like a professional.

And being a Super Bowl winner has absolutely nothing to do with whether he should be playing or not.
    Last edited by DerekRE_3; 11-16-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    I just want know why the hell he hasn't been activated over someone like Celek? That's all I want to know. Rather he's a crybaby or not. This coaching staff just baffles me sometimes.

vCash
    Pretty simple. He's the third best running back on the team and has no special teams value. Dixon does, so he's active. Three active RB's is enough, especially with how good Gore and Hunter are. If Gore or Hunter gets hurt for multiple weeks, I guarantee Jacobs would be active. If both Gore and Hunter get hurt for multiple weeks, then I guarantee both James and Jacobs are activated.

The 49ers run a lot of two tight end sets. It's essentially their base formation. If Walker or Davis gets hurt, they need another tight end active so they can keep running their most prevalent offensive formation. Celek is the only other tight end on the 53 man roster. The coaching staff does not want to spend any part of the game with only one healthy tight end. Yes, Dobbs saw time as a tight end in training camp. But come on, they aren't going to have him running routes. The whole point of that two tight end set is to make defenses have to respect both the run and pass. If Gore or Hunter gets hurt, they can bring in Dixon to give whoever is still healthy a breather every now and then for the rest of the game.
    Last edited by DerekRE_3; 11-17-2012 at 02:49 AM.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Pretty simple. He's the third best running back on the team and has no special teams value. Dixon does, so he's active. Three active RB's is enough, especially with how good Gore and Hunter are. If Gore or Hunter gets hurt for multiple weeks, I guarantee Jacobs would be active. If both Gore and Hunter get hurt for multiple weeks, then I guarantee both James and Jacobs are activated.

The 49ers run a lot of two tight end sets. It's essentially their base formation. If Walker or Davis gets hurt, they need another tight end active so they can keep running their most prevalent offensive formation. Celek is the only other tight end on the 53 man roster. The coaching staff does not want to spend any part of the game with only one healthy tight end. Yes, Dobbs saw time as a tight end in training camp. But come on, they aren't going to have him running routes. The whole point of that two tight end set is to make defenses have to respect both the run and pass. If Gore or Hunter gets hurt, they can bring in Dixon to give whoever is still healthy a breather every now and then for the rest of the game.
    I don't know why people don't get this yet. It isn't rocket science people.

vCash
    I guess everyone isnt a know it all guru like you Lakers . I just don't understand the reason for signing and keeping Jacobs.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast