Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    He should've figured it out on his own. He should've thought, "Gee, they have a RB that is well established and much better than me (Gore) and they have a second year RB that have a better yards per attempt than me as a rookie last season (Hunter)...that means I will not get a lot of playing time." Baalke's job is to put together the best and deepest team that he can. He's not going to tell players that he signs that they are being brought in for depth. They should be smart enough to figure that out for themselves by observing that there are quality starters already on the team. Jacobs needs to shut has trap and he can go elsewhere next season.
    That and it's probably something his agent should mention

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Let him be the black sheep of the 49ers family like Braylon Edwards was last year if he wants to be.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    49ers paid him 3 million as an insurance policy. He can continue to enjoy the bench while Gore and Hunter tear it up. He should be glad he's apart of a winning team.

That being said, I still expected him to have at least some carries this year. I didn't even draft Frank in any of my fantasy leagues cause I though Jacobs would be getting most the goalline carries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giantspwn View Post
    49ers paid him 3 million as an insurance policy. He can continue to enjoy the bench while Gore and Hunter tear it up. He should be glad he's apart of a winning team.

That being said, I still expected him to have at least some carries this year. I didn't even draft Frank in any of my fantasy leagues cause I though Jacobs would be getting most the goalline carries.
    Jacobs is not making $3 million...he's making $1.58 million.

vCash
    Gore will prob get injured at some point of the season which he typically does and then Jacobs will have his chance. He's an insurance policy and he needs to realize this.

vCash
    Jacobs admitted when he signed that it was all about the money.

If playing was so important to him then perhaps he should take that into consideration the next time he signs a contract.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    Gore will prob get injured at some point of the season which he typically does and then Jacobs will have his chance. He's an insurance policy and he needs to realize this.
    That's a very glass-half-empty attitude, even if it has been the trend. And Jacobs clearly isn't interested in being insurance, he wants a starting role. Being on a winning team isn't good enough for him.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/B-Hop/Ward/Rigondeaux/Wlad/Cotto/Froch/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Hard to say Gore will get injured since Hunter has been taking a steady amount of snaps from him.

vCash
    Let's not over blow Frank's injury history. Aside from 2010, he's never missed more than 2 games due to injury and now he's splitting carries with Hunter.

vCash
    If he was smart he'd just shut his mouth. He's getting paid right? Not to mention there is a strong possibility he'll be useful later in the season and into the playoffs. He's big and slow an our RBs are slicing teams up right now. No point in changing everything up and bringing in the donkey until there is an injury or two. He should be patient at this point. Whining on twitter is not going to endear him to Harbaugh.

vCash
    I'd still like to see him get some touches. Could only imagine what someone that big would do behind this offensive line
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    man both my teams are stacked, lol thank god after so many years of losing knicks and 49ers are back baby!!!!
    Knicks and 49ers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I'd still like to see him get some touches. Could only imagine what someone that big would do behind this offensive line
    I'd like to see what someone as fast as James would do behind this offensive line. They open the hole and get him to the second level, then watch out!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Let's not over blow Frank's injury history. Aside from 2010, he's never missed more than 2 games due to injury and now he's splitting carries with Hunter.

He also did carry the ball the most ever last year, and there's a pretty good track record of what happens to backs after that.

Jacobs will be needed. After watching big backs like Redman and Morris beat up the NY Giants, I think Jacobs will be a key if the 49ers ever face them.

Gore/Hunter didn't do squat against the giants. Partly b/c of the Giants, partly b/c of Roman.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    49ers have depth at some positions such that they aren't playing guys.

Some say the team is stacked. I don't necessarily agree.

The 49ers are around 15th in offense this year (points/game). It's not like they have the league's best offense with Eddie McCaffrey sitting and watching, who stars elsewhere.

In 3 of their 8 games, they've scored less than 2 TD's... actually 13 points or under. This isn't an offense that blows anyone out of the water.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast