Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 168
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bay(Daly City), Stockton Cali
    Posts
    950
    vCash
    1500

    Brandon Jacobs sounds frustrated on his latest tweets.

    https://twitter.com/gatorboy45/with_replies

    One guy even said, "dude come back to the gmen next year."

    Jacobs replied and said, "I wish it was that easy."
    Sacramento Kings
    Oakland A's
    San Francisco 49's
    San Jose Sharks


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    Posts
    29,568
    vCash
    11433


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    15,860
    vCash
    1500
    we have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to RBs. Gore and Hunter along with the OL are tearing teams apart right now. As much as its nice to have Jacobs, you ride the hot hand, don't get Gore and Hunter off their rythem.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    15,001
    vCash
    2500
    Can't really blame the guy.... but you can totally understand why he isn't playing. We are just stacked at the RB position.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!


    49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    31,950
    vCash
    1500
    Can't blame him, also don't care.


    Slap Hands!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,692
    vCash
    1500
    yeah i definitely don't blame him other.... but i mean it's obvious just like everyone else is pointing out... the group of RB's we have is clearly the reason

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,662
    vCash
    1500
    It's his own fault. He should've realized that Gore and Hunter would've been entrenched as our #1 and #2 RBs. It would've been fair for him to think he could've beat out Dixon for a spot on the active roster, but even if he was the #3 RB, he'd still only get, at most, a few carries per game. If he wanted to have an important role somewhere, he should've signed with a team that had more of a need at RB. He will remain on the inactive list unless there is an injury. Honestly, I'd rather see one of LaMichael James or AJ Jenkins suit up than him anyways.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,434
    vCash
    1500
    There was no reason for the 49ers to sign this guy.

    Just think, at one point they had Gore,Hunter,Dixon,Jacobs,James,Cartwright. You knew going into the season that Jacobs was not going to beat out Gore or Hunter so it was really between him and Dixon. They also knew that Jacobs does not play special teams so you have to give the nod to Dixon. As I stated before, there was no reason to sign him in the first place.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,662
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post
    There was no reason for the 49ers to sign this guy.

    Just think, at one point they had Gore,Hunter,Dixon,Jacobs,James,Cartwright. You knew going into the season that Jacobs was not going to beat out Gore or Hunter so it was really between him and Dixon. They also knew that Jacobs does not play special teams so you have to give the nod to Dixon. As I stated before, there was no reason to sign him in the first place.
    I think you should re-phrase it, that it wasn't neccessary to sign him. There was a reason, and that reason was to have as much quality depth at the position as they could have. .

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    15,860
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    It's his own fault. He should've realized that Gore and Hunter would've been entrenched as our #1 and #2 RBs. It would've been fair for him to think he could've beat out Dixon for a spot on the active roster, but even if he was the #3 RB, he'd still only get, at most, a few carries per game. If he wanted to have an important role somewhere, he should've signed with a team that had more of a need at RB. He will remain on the inactive list unless there is an injury. Honestly, I'd rather see one of LaMichael James or AJ Jenkins suit up than him anyways.
    Seconded

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gentrified Brooklyn
    Posts
    4,354
    vCash
    1500
    he will get some time the second half of the season.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,434
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I think you should re-phrase it, that it wasn't neccessary to sign him. There was a reason, and that reason was to have as much quality depth at the position as they could have. .
    Your right, but did the 49ers make it known to Jacobs that this was their purpose for signing him ? Doubtful...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,662
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post
    Your right, but did the 49ers make it known to Jacobs that this was their purpose for signing him ? Doubtful...
    He should've figured it out on his own. He should've thought, "Gee, they have a RB that is well established and much better than me (Gore) and they have a second year RB that have a better yards per attempt than me as a rookie last season (Hunter)...that means I will not get a lot of playing time." Baalke's job is to put together the best and deepest team that he can. He's not going to tell players that he signs that they are being brought in for depth. They should be smart enough to figure that out for themselves by observing that there are quality starters already on the team. Jacobs needs to shut has trap and he can go elsewhere next season.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bay(Daly City), Stockton Cali
    Posts
    950
    vCash
    1500
    I feel him but yeah I agree he should have known what he was getting into. Never know when an injury can happen too. I also didn't like the fact that he went to the Giants locker room after the loss that game.
    Sacramento Kings
    Oakland A's
    San Francisco 49's
    San Jose Sharks


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    470
    vCash
    1500
    I think Jacobs is there for insurance. If gore gets injured then Jacobs is the next guy up with a similar style of running. Worse case senario is we can trade Jacobs to a team like GB who's struggling.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •