Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Brandon Jacobs sounds frustrated on his latest tweets.

https://twitter.com/gatorboy45/with_replies

One guy even said, "dude come back to the gmen next year."

Jacobs replied and said, "I wish it was that easy."
    Sacramento Kings
    Oakland A's
    San Francisco 49's
    San Jose Sharks

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    we have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to RBs. Gore and Hunter along with the OL are tearing teams apart right now. As much as its nice to have Jacobs, you ride the hot hand, don't get Gore and Hunter off their rythem.

vCash
    Can't really blame the guy.... but you can totally understand why he isn't playing. We are just stacked at the RB position.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Can't blame him, also don't care.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    yeah i definitely don't blame him other.... but i mean it's obvious just like everyone else is pointing out... the group of RB's we have is clearly the reason

vCash
    It's his own fault. He should've realized that Gore and Hunter would've been entrenched as our #1 and #2 RBs. It would've been fair for him to think he could've beat out Dixon for a spot on the active roster, but even if he was the #3 RB, he'd still only get, at most, a few carries per game. If he wanted to have an important role somewhere, he should've signed with a team that had more of a need at RB. He will remain on the inactive list unless there is an injury. Honestly, I'd rather see one of LaMichael James or AJ Jenkins suit up than him anyways.

vCash
    There was no reason for the 49ers to sign this guy.

Just think, at one point they had Gore,Hunter,Dixon,Jacobs,James,Cartwright. You knew going into the season that Jacobs was not going to beat out Gore or Hunter so it was really between him and Dixon. They also knew that Jacobs does not play special teams so you have to give the nod to Dixon. As I stated before, there was no reason to sign him in the first place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post
    There was no reason for the 49ers to sign this guy.

Just think, at one point they had Gore,Hunter,Dixon,Jacobs,James,Cartwright. You knew going into the season that Jacobs was not going to beat out Gore or Hunter so it was really between him and Dixon. They also knew that Jacobs does not play special teams so you have to give the nod to Dixon. As I stated before, there was no reason to sign him in the first place.
    I think you should re-phrase it, that it wasn't neccessary to sign him. There was a reason, and that reason was to have as much quality depth at the position as they could have. .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    It's his own fault. He should've realized that Gore and Hunter would've been entrenched as our #1 and #2 RBs. It would've been fair for him to think he could've beat out Dixon for a spot on the active roster, but even if he was the #3 RB, he'd still only get, at most, a few carries per game. If he wanted to have an important role somewhere, he should've signed with a team that had more of a need at RB. He will remain on the inactive list unless there is an injury. Honestly, I'd rather see one of LaMichael James or AJ Jenkins suit up than him anyways.
    Seconded

vCash
    he will get some time the second half of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I think you should re-phrase it, that it wasn't neccessary to sign him. There was a reason, and that reason was to have as much quality depth at the position as they could have. .
    Your right, but did the 49ers make it known to Jacobs that this was their purpose for signing him ? Doubtful...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post
    Your right, but did the 49ers make it known to Jacobs that this was their purpose for signing him ? Doubtful...
    He should've figured it out on his own. He should've thought, "Gee, they have a RB that is well established and much better than me (Gore) and they have a second year RB that have a better yards per attempt than me as a rookie last season (Hunter)...that means I will not get a lot of playing time." Baalke's job is to put together the best and deepest team that he can. He's not going to tell players that he signs that they are being brought in for depth. They should be smart enough to figure that out for themselves by observing that there are quality starters already on the team. Jacobs needs to shut has trap and he can go elsewhere next season.

vCash
    I feel him but yeah I agree he should have known what he was getting into. Never know when an injury can happen too. I also didn't like the fact that he went to the Giants locker room after the loss that game.
    Sacramento Kings
    Oakland A's
    San Francisco 49's
    San Jose Sharks

vCash
    I think Jacobs is there for insurance. If gore gets injured then Jacobs is the next guy up with a similar style of running. Worse case senario is we can trade Jacobs to a team like GB who's struggling.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast