Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Babin rips Eagles fan section for 'vile' chants

Jason Babin hasn’t sacked a quarterback since Week 3 but came down hard Thursday on a faction of the fans at the Linc that vented frustration during the Eagles’ 30-17 loss Sunday to the Falcons.

Babin said some of the chants coming from the grandstands were beyond standard fan backlash that players typically hear during tough stretches. He felt compelled to question their loyalty on his Twitter account Wednesday.

“Really, I was speaking to ... during the game there was a good section of fans chanting some of the most vile things I’ve ever heard,” Babin said. “Not just at a football game, but in life, in general. Talking about attacking Coach (Andy Reid), talking about people’s wives and kids and chanting them. And I just thought there was no place for that in the NFL, none whatsoever.

“Just some of the foul things people were saying. Yeah, I’m gonna be protective of Coach Reid, Coach Wash and my teammates. It was upsetting that a few bad apples were chanting that kind of stuff, but what are you going to do?”

On his Twitter account (@JasonBabin93), the Pro Bowl left defensive end retweeted a post from his fan club that offered a dictionary definition of the word "loyalty."

The tweet appeared like this:

Part # 1: LOYALTY: loy·al·ty: noun, plural loy·al·ties: The state or quality of being loyal; faithfulness to commitments or obligations.

His follow-up retweet read:

Part # 2: There are 17 teams with the same record or worse than us. Thanks for being loyal fans.......We’ll get it right”

The Eagles have dropped three straight games and fallen to 3-4 with a big Monday night, season-rescuing showdown coming up against the Saints at the Superdome, one of the NFL’s most hostile arenas.

Babin had his snaps reduced against the Falcons as defensive end Brandon Graham saw an increase in workload, so he spent more time on the sideline than usual. Babin was asked if he should have just concentrated on the game and blocked out the abrasive remarks coming from the home crowd.

“Absolutely,” he said, “But if I could say just one of the things they were chanting, it’s way past bad, it’s foul.”

Babin, who has played for five different NFL teams, said the chants were worse than he’s ever heard.

“I’ve never heard -- listen, I don’t want to even repeat what I heard, it was that bad,” he said. “And I’ve got a pretty high threshold for adult jokes, to give you an idea of what they’re saying.”

Babin reiterated that they came from a small section of the fans but that they were harsh and loud enough to capture his attention.

“Yeah, like I said, it’s a few bad apples,” he said. “Unfortunately, that’s the way it goes sometimes.”

E-mail Geoff Mosher at gmosher@comcastsportsnet.com
    Second time this week a player has talked about the fans. DeSean did earlier in the week, though I'm assuming Babin's quotes will probably make the news.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...493&feedID=704
    Last edited by Knowledge; 11-01-2012 at 06:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    It's true, I say it all the time for a team that's been so successful for the past decade, every year Eagles fans are so quick to give up, not have faith in their teams, players and coaches.

I never understand why people give up so easy and so early especially when we've been known as a team that generally starts of slow and always lights it up near the end of the year. It's pretty sad and there is a difference between criticizing a player/coach and going overboard with negativity towards them.

Ya we haven't won a superbowl in that decade but neither have like 25 or 26 other teams because the same teams have basically been winning. It's nothing we can do, our team tries their hardest and its never enough for people.

Would you guys rather be like the Lions,, Panthers or Jaguars and end up in the lottery year after year make the playoffs for a year or 2 before going back to the bottom again??

Fans need a gut check once in a while and I'm glad they are calling them out, didn't this happen last year to where Mathis called out fans for having a Fire Andy Reid banner outside practice??
    Last edited by Eagles4Lyfe; 11-01-2012 at 06:23 PM.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

Wilmington, DE and South Philadelphia, PA
    vCash
    I agree with Babin. There are some heartless fans in those grandstands that use foul and vile language for shock value.
    I miss football!!!!

vCash
    Yea big difference between saying you suck and I want to kill your first born child.People take things way too far.

vCash
    Dear Babin,

Sack the QB and quit worrying about drunk spectators.

Thanks,
    Bdawk4prez
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Don't forget not to get flagged for 2 yard PI's when its 3rd and 15.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Dear Babin,

Sack the QB and quit worrying about drunk spectators.

Thanks,
    Bdawk4prez
    +1. It's never a good idea to cut up the people paying your salary(a good portion of it.)

FIRE ME!

“I don’t do five year plans — other organizations do, I guess.” - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Nothing makes me angrier then when a player gets defensive over fan reactions, especially when said player hasnt done anything productive this year...Listen, I get youre gonna defend your guys when asked about it, but tweeting about loyalty? We fill the stadium every single week to watch this overrated and overpayed group of schleps run out and lose easily winnable games and blow leads to teams that arent anywhere near them in terms of talent and hes talking about loyalty? Pathetic...Heres an idea Babin, howabout instead of paying attention to what the fans are doing, get your head in the game and get a friggen sack

Start winning football games and earn your paychecks and then youll hear us singing a different tune, but for now I hope we stick with what weve been saying

vCash
    I think Babin has a point...if the team is playing badly then go ahead and boo and shout at the players or coaches, but to start talking about assaulting the children of players is a sign of a seriously demented individual. I don't care how bad someone is playing threatening a child is pretty pathetic and the fact some people think poor play allows this to take place is disturbing.

vCash
    The reaction from fans in the stands is shocking. Booing the team in the 1st quarter is embarrassing.
    “Football players, like prostitutes, are in the business of ruining their bodies for the pleasure of strangers”

vCash
    tweeting was a bit much, but I got no issues with him speaking his mind about what he heard.

haha, remember when the philly fans threw snowballs at santa? haha, classic

vCash
    o, wat the hell. how did i end up in the eagles forum

vCash
    Spike Eskin:

HEARD THIS: vile things fans were yelling at Babin was actual play by play of the opening Falcons drive.

vCash
    Fans pay hard earned money to get some sort of entertainment out of this team. I don't mind them losing, but when they lose the way they did last Sunday, I think fans have a right to be PO'd and get down on this team....These guys are making millions of dollars for that kind of showing on the field? You can only blame coaching/management so much....it's the players that have to perform out there...

If Babin stopped worrying about Tweeting so damn much everyday, maybe he could learn a new move to get to the quarterback....He's a one-trick pony....

On the other side of the argument the fans should only take their booing and trash talking so far....when it involves players families and well-being that out of line...Babin doesn't have to remind people that there are a few fan extremists out there....

Perform well....you've loved by fans....suck like you sucked on Sunday....prepare for the hostile booing and smack talk.

vCash

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast