Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Cubs activate Garza, Stewart, Vizcaino from 60 day DL

Per Muskat.. Roster now at 36

vCash
    does this mean we plan to offer stewart arbitration?

vCash
    I too am curious on the Stewart thing.

Wasnt Garza supposed to have TJ surgery according to some? When is that happening? I mean elbow injury always flows to TJ surgery, no?

vCash
    I don't think it means that. I do think we bring him back though. Just a guess. I'm not high on any of the 3rd base FA's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I too am curious on the Stewart thing.

Wasnt Garza supposed to have TJ surgery according to some? When is that happening? I mean elbow injury always flows to TJ surgery, no?
    TJ surgery is for a tear in the UCL. Garza didn't have this injury. We would know if he did and it's easy to detect that, doctors can feel a guys elbow amd be pretty accurate without an MRI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2206 View Post
    TJ surgery is for a tear in the UCL. Garza didn't have this injury. We would know if he did and it's easy to detect that, doctors can feel a guys elbow amd be pretty accurate without an MRI
    Also have to figure that the surgery would have happened ASAP considering they would want him back earlier.

The Garza injury intrigues me and Im not sure we will ever get the full story on it. It reeks of a more drawn out version of Dempsters lat injury, but thats just me guessing, wishing, and hoping.

vCash
    Stewart had to be activated from the DL. He'll be on the roster until the tender deadline, and possibly beyond, but activating him doesn't say anything about their intentions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Also have to figure that the surgery would have happened ASAP considering they would want him back earlier.

The Garza injury intrigues me and Im not sure we will ever get the full story on it. It reeks of a more drawn out version of Dempsters lat injury, but thats just me guessing, wishing, and hoping.
    He had fluid in his elbow, whatever that means. I read into this as all 3 are healthy and ready to begin baseball activities. Garza and Viz starting throwing again if haven't already and Stewart begins hitting off tee, taking BP etc and all 3 will be ready to go come ST

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2206 View Post
    I read into this as all 3 are healthy and ready to begin baseball activities.
    It doesn't mean that. All players on all teams have to be activated off the DL in the offseason. The deadline is five days after the World Series, which was yesterday.

Garza's arm could be detached from his torso, and he'd still have to be activated yesterday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    It doesn't mean that. All players on all teams have to be activated off the DL in the offseason. The deadline is five days after the World Series, which was yesterday.

Garza's arm could be detached from his torso, and he'd still have to be activated yesterday.
    While true, we were talking surgery.

vCash
    Garza's was reported to have some fluid in his triceps and was termed a stress reaction. Inflammation will cause that to appear on MRI's. In normal people this will clear up without any long term effects. The one I'd be more worried about with surgery is Ben Wells. He was reported to choose rehab over surgery, like Vizcanio did.