Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I barbosa is questionable for tomorrow's game with an illness

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.awesome View Post
    Has he recovered from his knee surgery? Haven't heard much about him in a while
    My eldest spoke with him very recently. Said he felt good and thinks he's ready to give it a go. Doctor's think by first of the year?
    Current
    Rajon Rondo, Phil Pressey
    Jerryd Bayless, Chris Babb
    Jeff Green, Chris Johnson
    Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger
    Kris Humphries, Kelly Olynyk, Joel Anthony

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

Colton Iverson (stashed overseas)

vCash

Al Jefferson trade ideas

There are news about a trade for Al Jefferson. What everyone think of trading for Big Al back to Boston?

Here's the link
    http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle...81474981794851

"GM Danny Ainge has never been shy about pulling the trigger on a deal, and that could lead to a deal sometime before the trade deadline. The latest rumor from Bleacher Report has suggested the team goes after All Jefferson of Utah. With a lack of depth at guard, a deal with the Jazz is possible, and with the right package, it could actually help both teams."

vCash
    Well if they are getting something off of bleacher report I don't see this staying up

vCash
    that would be awesome

vCash

Celtics roster news/practice notes/roster speculation thread

Greg oden would be a guy i wouldn't mind taking a chance on. Worst case scenario is we release him if his knees don't hold up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    Pretty much the only way we can get him financially is if we wait until January 15th or December 15th. More than likely in January if at all. We'd have to trade (not all of them) Green/Bass/Lee/possibly Pierce to make the money work. Not one of those guys alone would get the deal done. So Avery Bradley or Sully would have to be involved as well. Not sure I'd be willing to give up 2-4 of those players to get Jefferson as our bench would be most likely shot.

I love his game and think he would do wonders with Rondo in the half court, but I don't see this happening. A guy like Robin Lopez who has size, can rebound, and has a reasonable contract (not 15 million) would be easier to acquire and more realistic.

After watching our last game and reading up on him, a guy I would love to have is Larry Sanders. Avery for him? That trio of guards would wreak havoc for Milwaukee.

vCash
    Since we can't trade guys like Bass, Green, & Lee right now.....This trade can't work.

Unless you trade Pierce. Pierce is the only one that makes it work with Jefferson, contract to contract.

Rondo's contract doesn't get you there as well. You need to wait for the others to become tradeable.

If you're trading with Utah right now, Rondo for Paul Millsap & Earl Watson works. Tell Utah to throw in their first rounder and I'd do it.

But if I'm trading Rondo, I'd rather wait for the right package to get Jefferson.

vCash
    Disclaimer: I've never been a big fan of Paul Pierce. I am appreciative of all he has accomplished as a Celtic and of the fact he is a lifer.

That said, if they would take Paul Pierce for Al Jefferson I wouldn't hesitate at all. Insert Green as the starter and give Doc a mandate to play Joseph 8-10 minutes a game. Do it!

Of course, they would need to be crazy, imo, to take Pierce at this stage of is career.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 12-05-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    Current

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

Colton Iverson (stashed overseas)

vCash
    The only realistic trade scenario that I see that would work for both teams would be Green + Bass + draft picks for Big Al and Marvin Williams.

Utah gets and upgrade at the 3 in Green, solid Backup stretch 4 in Bass and draft picks.

Boston gets a downgrade at the backup 3 in M. Williams but a large upgrade at PF/C.

Utahs Lineup:

MO Williams
    Hayward/Foye
    Green
    Millsap
    Favors/Kanter

Bostons Lineup:

Rondo/Terry
    Bradley/Lee
    Pierce/M. Williams
    KG/Sully
    Al Jefferson/Collins/Melo
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    I forgot where but I remember someone bringing up pierce for gay type of trade

vCash
    This has been discussed in other forums but we'd have to trade Bass and/or Jeff Green and package them with younger players like Fab Melo, Jared Sullinger or Avery Bradley and maybe a draft pick. With Utah's abundance of big men I think its realistic to think that Utah trades either Milsap or Al Jefferson this year. I would think Utah would want a PG or SF in return though and maybe a big.
    El Presidente

vCash
    http://www.boston.com/sports/2012/12...&dlvrit=834394

C's bringing in Dampier for a look... ehhhh...

I'm banking on Bradley making an impact on D... I'll continue to stay patient on the trade front until he returns...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish Post View Post
    You think it's a mess now? lol Kris Kardashian playing with KG? Jamal Crawford sitting on the bench watching Rondo play while he's thinking he's better than him? That locker room would be a mess. Let Green have another dozen games before we judge his whole season. Terry fits our team quite well and he still hasn't even asserted himself offensively. This team gets better and better as they gel and practice together.
    your right, we should wait 25 games before a judgement is made, we could very well be 15-10 at that point and all will be well.

i have never had the expectation of this team being a 1 or even 2 seed this year, just no worse than a 5. this team knows how to win on the road in the playoffs and if we are healthy, will be a tough out for anyone.

vCash
    Jefferson hurt his back tonight?

Alex Kennedy‏@AlexKennedyNBA

Al Jefferson has 31 points and 15 rebounds against the Magic, but he just went down holding his back. He's in a lot of pain.

Alex Kennedy‏@AlexKennedyNBA

Al Jefferson was writhing in pain and covering his face. He grabbed his back and was carried to the locker room. Hope it's nothing serious.

Doesn't sound good.
    Current

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani