Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Those stats are hollow at best.

For example, Rondo runs the length of the floor to chase down the ball late in the fourth quarter. GREAT hustle play. For his efforts he gets a turnover and 2 points scored against him.

Where the heck were his teammates? None of the 4 on the court made the hustle play WITH Rondo. The negative stats go to Rondo, but he doesn't derve them.

Courtney Lee throws up a prayer from 30+ feet at the end of the quarter. Misses. It counts as a shot attempt in these stats.

A blocking foul counts twice against you because it also gets counted as a turnover.

Statistics, at best, tell part of a story.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Those stats are hollow at best.

For example, Rondo runs the length of the floor to chase down the ball late in the fourth quarter. GREAT hustle play. For his efforts he gets a turnover and 2 points scored against him.

Where the heck were his teammates? None of the 4 on the court made the hustle play WITH Rondo. The negative stats go to Rondo, but he doesn't derve them.

Courtney Lee throws up a prayer from 30+ feet at the end of the quarter. Misses. It counts as a shot attempt in these stats.

A blocking foul counts twice against you because it also gets counted as a turnover.

Statistics, at best, tell part of a story.
    I understand your overall point, but I think this is a bad example. Rondo should have let that ball go out of bounds. His teammates didn't run the court with him because it was unnecessary energy and effort spent on a play that would have resulted in a side out Celtics ball. He recognized it immediately too. There was an instant where he hesitated and then he sort of committed to the play regardless of what the outcome was going to be. It's reckless and it saps him of energy and stamina that would be better spent at the end of games. Scal totally called it when Kyrie did exactly that. Rondo plays erratic. Sometimes furious energy and frantic speed, sometimes lazy and lackadaisical. Sometimes he trots with the ball and has swag with crossover moves and layups. Sometimes he shows crazy hops and skies for a dunk. Sometimes he is all of this in a single game. Plays like the one you described show you how smart, stupid, athletic, fast and flawed he is.

If you wanna say things like "pass to assist" aren't properly kept track of? I'm with ya. The plays where he uses his spectacular vision and anticipation to pass to a guy who will then have the next guy in line on their defense collapse in on him and he can pass to a wide open teammate for an open basket. The guy on the end gets a made shot, the middle man gets an assist and Rondo gets squat. Stats aren't perfect, neither are people.

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    Do you guys know anything about Boston being interested in Lawson??
    This guy on LAL forum told me that i'll have to change my nickname in 3-4 weeks when Ty is in Boston...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Lawson View Post
    Do you guys know anything about Boston being interested in Lawson??
    This guy on LAL forum told me that i'll have to change my nickname in 3-4 weeks when Ty is in Boston...
    You mentioned this weeks ago and you are mentioning it now. Those are the only 2 times I have ever heard or read it mentioned.

The kid can defend the ball, shoot, run, pass, steal, dunk, whatever you want. I like his game a lot. What do the C's have that the Nuggets want though? Our team only has older, more expensive players...

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS

vCash
    and P.S. - stay out of the Lakers forum. You're just asking to get picked on.

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish Post View Post
    You mentioned this weeks ago and you are mentioning it now. Those are the only 2 times I have ever heard or read it mentioned.

The kid can defend the ball, shoot, run, pass, steal, dunk, whatever you want. I like his game a lot. What do the C's have that the Nuggets want though? Our team only has older, more expensive players...
    well if it comes to this trade i see something like Rondo for Ty,Mozzy or something like that...

vCash
    well if it comes to this trade i see something like Rondo for Ty,Mozzy or something like that...
    No Thanks!

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS

vCash
    It looks like rumor is Ty,McGee,Brewer for Rondo,Green...idk what to think about it..i would like Rondo but i would also like some C if we are already giving McGee...maybe 3 team trade with PHO like http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=as8gcp8

vCash
    Think the "crazy and lazy" label has devalued McGee?
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    It looks like rumor is Ty,McGee,Brewer for Rondo,Green...idk what to think about it..i would like Rondo but i would also like some C if we are already giving McGee...maybe 3 team trade with PHO like http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=as8gcp8
    Seems like you just making it up.
    Also I strongly doubt the C's would give up Green, Melo, LB & Rondo for Lawson, Mcgee & Brewer lol.

vCash
    Only real rumor out there seems to be for JJ redick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I Rock Shaqs View Post
    Seems like you just making it up.
    Also I strongly doubt the C's would give up Green, Melo, LB & Rondo for Lawson, Mcgee & Brewer lol.
    Rumor is Green,Rondo for Ty,McGee,Brewer...and i added those guys so we can get Gortat

vCash
    Are you confusing "rumor" with "idea you had?"

vCash

vCash
    Faried is one of my fav non Celtics guys. Never see him getting dealt any time soon though lol.

props to Bee for the sig!!

Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast