Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Obviously I'm in favor of getting a second big; you are just missing the point

It's not like we can be like "ooh I want Gortat, now he's here". Many teams would love him, which raises his value.

While its not worth it, Phoenix is looking for a Sullinger+Lee for Gortat type deal. Even if you ignore the loss of Sully's production this year, because Gortat can put up similar numbers, the loss of the SG depth is huge. We trade Court, who is our backup SG? You speak of someone like KG fouling out, what if Bradley fouls out or gets injured? You want Terry and Barbosa to be our SGs, to guard Dwyane Wade?! Lebron is plying more of a perimeter style offense this year anyways, so it's not the same to how KG guarded him last year.

I would love an upgrade at C, but not to compromise our guard depth in return

vCash
    And more than one legit big man? Look around

Melo starts at PF
    Perk sucks
    Battier starts at PF
    West is somewhat guardable by a bigger SF (like Jeff Green)
    Josh Smith starts at PF

You don't need a 2nd bigman. It would be great, but its not necessary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by se247042 View Post
    And more than one legit big man? Look around

Melo starts at PF
    Perk sucks
    Battier starts at PF
    West is somewhat guardable by a bigger SF (like Jeff Green)
    Josh Smith starts at PF

You don't need a 2nd bigman. It would be great, but its not necessary
    good points. even tho when NYK are at full strength they have chandler, amare, camby, kurt thomas.... but i see your point, and i think even if they are fully healthy melo gets minutes at the 4, thats the way the L is becoming.

we passed MIA as the 2nd worst rebounding team! its still uncomfortable tho, sully being best rebounder when he could hit rookie wall and lose affectiveness before the season is over.

vCash
    Total rebound stats are bogus.

Play with this table if you have a minute
    http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortab...nf=1&prd=1#top

...Take a look at Indiana's 42% field goal percentage, notice they are also 2nd overall in rebounding? Conversely, Miami leads the league in FG at .491% and it's no surprise they are dead last in rebounding.

Total rebound numbers don't factor pace or the defensive philosophy. Doc wants guys back on D, so we're last in offensive rebound rate

As far as defensive rebound rate, we are completely average
    http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/tea...defReboundRate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post

A 2nd big is the only way we can beat Miami. You can't match their smallball, because they are the best smallball team in the league. Look at the Utah Jazz last night. With Big Al Millsap and Favors they jumped out with a 20 point lead. Size can beat Miami, Bosh is a soft center
    I agree here, 100% correct. We cannot beat Miami Heat playing small ball, we haven't yet, an cannot with and even better Miami Heat Team this year.

Others keep saying, " well we have added Lee, Terry....we have added Lee Terry! " Yes, but the Miami Heat have improved also, adding Ray Allen, R. Lewis and healthy Chris Bosh.

If Bosh was healthy last year Heat beat us in 5 games, sorry but true. I love the Celtics, but im fair and use objective thinking/ reason.

The Heat are much better this year, they know they can stretch the floor with shooters (Allen, Lewis), you cheat. As a player you must stay at home as defender. You cannot drop down, your player will get free for open shots.

Guy's, im telling you....You don't add a true center, it's a mistake.

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    If Bosh was healthy last year Heat beat us in 5 games, sorry but true. I love the Celtics, but im fair and use objective thinking/ reason.
    Bring back a healthy Bosh AND a healthy Bradley and no way they beat us in 5. You use complete negativity and not fair judgement. Sorry, but you do. If I had a dollar for every time you said in a post this year that no way we beat the Miami Heat, I'd be rich.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by se247042 View Post
    Obviously I'm in favor of getting a second big; you are just missing the point

It's not like we can be like "ooh I want Gortat, now he's here". Many teams would love him, which raises his value.

While its not worth it, Phoenix is looking for a Sullinger+Lee for Gortat type deal. Even if you ignore the loss of Sully's production this year, because Gortat can put up similar numbers, the loss of the SG depth is huge. We trade Court, who is our backup SG? You speak of someone like KG fouling out, what if Bradley fouls out or gets injured? You want Terry and Barbosa to be our SGs, to guard Dwyane Wade?! Lebron is plying more of a perimeter style offense this year anyways, so it's not the same to how KG guarded him last year.

I would love an upgrade at C, but not to compromise our guard depth in return
    Where to begin, He does have value, but noone is giving up a young big like sully + for gortat and even if we did, hes a massive upgrade to any other big on our team right now not named garnett. Second making this trade you proposed (not saying i would do that because i wouldnt, have to be more pieces coming from suns) would be worlds better in my opinion then doing nothing. Firstly how often do guards foul out compared to bigs? its not even close man. Secondly, Terry and barbosa are good players offensively and id much rather have a drop off from AB to one of them as compared to lee, then to have kg foul out and drop down to collins or wilcox or even bass for that matter. I dont care what anyone says , we were making finals appearences with perk, he completed our defense, and if he plays in game 7 against the lakers we probably win 2 chips with our big 3. And Wade is a shell of himself so far this season, and if you think for a second when the playoffs start that lebron is gonna back off and play the perimeter against us when thats our defensive strength and not go to the hole and pound our interior defense(which is a weakness for us) which is how your gonna win in the playoffs against any team.

vCash
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Barbosa definitely has deserved extra PT...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Barbosa definitely has deserved extra PT...

Unfortunately, this was to be anticipated.

Terry is stinking up the floor while Barbosa sits and watches. Danny's right not to let him go. Hopefully DAnny will ship Doc's bromance Terry off somewhere for a big and Barbosa can get some run.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Here's a little more on Barbosa

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...&dlvrit=834396

Speaking to Bradesco Esportes FM, an ESPN radio affiliate in Brazil, Barbosa said he has asked Celtics president Danny Ainge for a trade.

Here’s a loose translation from Portuguese to English from FreeTranslation.com:

"I am not going to lie to you, I tried to leave from here several times, but Danny Ainge did not want me to leave,” Barbosa told the radio station. “He has admired my basketball for many years. I tried to obtain a good contract with the Boston Celtics, but that did not happen.”

Steve Bulpett‏@SteveBHoop

Barbosa strongly denies report of trade request: "No, I want to play. I want to be here. That's it."

Barbosa was shown both the translation and original story and denied ever making the statements.

As for uneven playing time, Barbosa says, "I knew it was going to be like this when I came here."
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 01-17-2013 at 05:30 PM.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    I agree here, 100% correct. We cannot beat Miami Heat playing small ball, we haven't yet, an cannot with and even better Miami Heat Team this year.

Others keep saying, " well we have added Lee, Terry....we have added Lee Terry! " Yes, but the Miami Heat have improved also, adding Ray Allen, R. Lewis and healthy Chris Bosh.

The Heat are much better this year, they know they can stretch the floor with shooters (Allen, Lewis), you cheat. As a player you must stay at home as defender. You cannot drop down, your player will get free for open shots.

Guy's, im telling you....You don't add a true center, it's a mistake.
    Yup. We don't have the athleticism to match with Miami. We can give Rondo a fast break running bench to work with for small sprouts during the game, but this team's identity has always been on the half court offense and we need a center to work around the basket to complete it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Here's a little more on Barbosa

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...&dlvrit=834396

Speaking to Bradesco Esportes FM, an ESPN radio affiliate in Brazil, Barbosa said he has asked Celtics president Danny Ainge for a trade.

Here’s a loose translation from Portuguese to English from FreeTranslation.com:

"I am not going to lie to you, I tried to leave from here several times, but Danny Ainge did not want me to leave,” Barbosa told the radio station. “He has admired my basketball for many years. I tried to obtain a good contract with the Boston Celtics, but that did not happen.”

Barbosa strongly denies report of trade request: "No, I want to play. I want to be here. That's it."

Barbosa was shown both the translation and original story and denied ever making the statements.

As for uneven playing time, Barbosa says, "I knew it was going to be like this when I came here."
    Can you blame him for not wanting out? Doc doesn't play him. He's too good to be playing this little minutes. He can start on most teams in the league and Doc gives him 4 minutes per game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Can you blame him for not wanting out? Doc doesn't play him. He's too good to be playing this little minutes. He can start on most teams in the league and Doc gives him 4 minutes per game.
    You're preaching to the choir.

vCash
    I wonder if that "family leave" he had around Christmas was a dispute with him and Ainge.

vCash
    That's an interesting idea.

I'm glad he's frustrated. Shows he still has passion for the game.

Don't want it to become a chemistry issue.

Everyone knows my thoughts on his situation.

Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast