Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrianscal View Post
    During last nights game at one point our line up was:
    Rondo Bradley Green sully and KG
    this line up played extremely well for a few minutes, they were running playing intense D, causing turnovers and running some more.

Stepping back from trade talk and changes that need to be made, a future line up with 4 of those 5 in it (-KG obviously) looks like they could easily develop some good chemistry and would be an exciting team to watch. If this team keeps trending in the right direction, trading all these guys could seemingly be taking a lot of steps backward in the preparation for life after PP and KG.

Grante it was the suns and that doesn't necessarily prove much, but if all 4 of these guys REACH THEIR POTENTIAL OR CLOSE TO IT that is 4 positions in the line up in which they have a young core of players who could easily develop into starters and be big impact players. That means when KG and Paul are gone, with those 2 huge contracts off the books, starting line up wise all you may need to find is a starting C to take KGs spot and a bunch of bench guys.

Not saying this is how its gonna happen or that this is a sure fire thing, but just something to keep in mind if DA doesn't pull of the blockbuster or even smaller moves we all seem to expect. Nights like last night where these young guys get a chance to run together and show what they COULD be make it a little tougher to part with them, when we could potentially have our starting line up 3 years from now almost entirely on our roster now.
    I think unless an unbelieveable deal falls into DAnny's lap any trade he might make this season will be realtively minor.

The depth of this current roster is pretty impressive overall. Yes, there is a need for a big, but I suspect a couple of things will happen to address that need. 1) DAnny will look for someone that is bought out at the deadline. 2) Fab Melo will be recalled in March and will play some.

That's not what the fans here want to hear, but barring a season ending injury to KG or maybe Pierce, that's likely what we will see happen, imo. And the better they play, the more likely this scenario is to play out.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Celtics practice report

At #celtics practice, Chris Wilcox is trying to practice today despite his sprained wrist and Fab Melo is present but has not been cleared after concussion. There is no timetable for his return. Kevin Garnett would not discuss the Carmelo Anthony incident but did say moving to Chicago helped with his now infamous focus. 6 minut
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    gary washburn‏@GwashNBAGlobe

After being cleared to return to action after a concussion, Fab Melo was sent back to NBADL Maine #celtics

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    gary washburn‏@GwashNBAGlobe

After being cleared to return to action after a concussion, Fab Melo was sent back to NBADL Maine #celtics
    He's gonna get whiplash with all the shuffling he's doing...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Via Ken Berger/CBSSports

The Boston Celtics have made it known in exploratory trade talks with other other teams that Paul Pierce could be available via trade, according to team executives around the league.

Only $4 million of Pierce’s $15.3 million salary is guaranteed next season.

vCash
    It would make me sick to see PP in another uni.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    It would make me sick to see PP in another uni.
    From August 4, 2012, "I think I am going to play this one out. I want to see what it feels like to be a free agent for once in my life. I think I am going to play this one out," Pierce told The Boston Globe.

Now, if I am DAnny and believe him to have been serious......

vCash
    It'd be weird to see what are offense will look like without PP. I respect the guy but if we can use him to solidify our youth movement and allow us to contend for the future I am on board with trading him.

vCash
    PP is one guy i would never trade, hes been through thick and thin. I mean business is business but there isnt a player we can trade PP for that is gonna have the impact he does on this team. As for ainge saying he's content, i hope thats a steaming pile cuz we are not gonna contend with anyone with this lineup. Kg gets in foul trouble in the playoffs and ya know were screwed. Also if were playing the heat and we have no legit bigs behind him, when the referee's/stern whatever try and screw us again then were gonna go down again just as we did in miami last season. Say we have another starting caliber big, like a gortat then at least were not gonna get decimated inside by lebron. If we cant protect the rim we will get run over by the heat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekTheTruth View Post
    PP is one guy i would never trade, hes been through thick and thin. I mean business is business but there isnt a player we can trade PP for that is gonna have the impact he does on this team. As for ainge saying he's content, i hope thats a steaming pile cuz we are not gonna contend with anyone with this lineup. Kg gets in foul trouble in the playoffs and ya know were screwed. Also if were playing the heat and we have no legit bigs behind him, when the referee's/stern whatever try and screw us again then were gonna go down again just as we did in miami last season. Say we have another starting caliber big, like a gortat then at least were not gonna get decimated inside by lebron. If we cant protect the rim we will get run over by the heat
    A 2nd big does nothing good for us versus Miami.

In the matchup, we have KG on Bosh, Pierce on Battier, Green on James, Bradley on Wade, Rondo on Rio. Trading for Gortat would mean we trade Lee/Terry+, and Gortat wouldn't even see the floor for most the minutes. He'd be playing backup. Or you are forced to take out Green or Pierce

The need for the C is moreso versus the Thunder, Grizzlies, Pacers, and Bulls. Not Miami or NYK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by se247042 View Post

In the matchup, we have KG on Bosh, Pierce on Battier, Green on James, Bradley on Wade, Rondo on Rio. Trading for Gortat would mean we trade Lee/Terry+, and Gortat wouldn't even see the floor for most the minutes. He'd be playing backup. Or you are forced to take out Green or Pierce

The need for the C is moreso versus the Thunder, Grizzlies, Pacers, and Bulls. Not Miami or NYK

A 2nd big is the only way we can beat Miami. You can't match their smallball, because they are the best smallball team in the league. Look at the Utah Jazz last night. With Big Al Millsap and Favors they jumped out with a 20 point lead. Size can beat Miami, Bosh is a soft center

vCash
    Isn't Sullinger our second big?

I'll take a 3rd one, though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by se247042 View Post

honestly man have you heard of fouls? here's a little lesson, when a player gets 6 fouls in one game he then can no longer remain in the game, thus when wade n bron are pounding the ball low and creating fouls(warranted or not) we may and almost certainly will need a second legit big. I cant think of another team in recent history besides the heat that have won without more then one legit big man.
    Last edited by SeekTheTruth; 01-15-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: im a real smart guy

vCash
    Ummmmm,I think it is 6

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by roy hobbs View Post
    Ummmmm,I think it is 6
    haha way to point out my brain fart, i did good to make myself look stupid hahah, yes clearly there are 6

Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast