Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    vCash

Celtics roster news/practice notes/roster speculation/trade ideas thread

Terry green and bass all need to be dealt, whether together or separately. I think these are the guys that will bring the most in return without giving up young guys like Bradley and sully. Plus i think Bradley and sully fit in better with thee current team and the rebuilding all at once. Terry's minutes IMO are easily replaced within the current roster now that Bradley is back and lee and barbosa. That leaves replacing green and bass. Getting a big would obviously be the goal therefore bass minutes would be takin whether he is here or not if and when we acquire a big. Green hasn't showed me any reason he deserves his contract and quite frankly i dont see him turning any corners any time soon, especially if he is being used the way he is now. A guy like kris Joseph could get a shot at his minutes. Basically bass needs to be substantially upgraded, and both terry and green are almost spare parts to us in my eyes, so there best use for us would be to get us a big man. I can see trading Bradley or sully instead of bass or terry, but i think they need to keep the younger guys unless their is a real difference in the amount of return.

vCash
    Jeff Green for Varejao?
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Jeff Green for Varejao?
    In a heartbeat... 3 Brazilians on the same team in Boston... Absolutely...

Seriously though, yes and I would like to see what Joseph can do with some more minutes... Plus Varejao has a much better contract...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Jeff Green for Varejao?
    Did you read that someplace or is it just a thought...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    I can see it now. Doc sporadically brings Varejao off the bench and tells him not to rebound

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xk4 View Post
    I can see it now. Doc sporadically brings Varejao off the bench and tells him not to rebound
    And Varejao will simply say "no habla ingles"...

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungOne View Post
    I love him, but you know it's serious when Tony Allen sums up a situation...

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I love him, but you know it's serious when Tony Allen sums up a situation...
    did you read it? He nailed it.

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Did you read that someplace or is it just a thought...???
    Talking heads on radio /TV here in Ohio. They were discussing the possibility of Varejao being traded and were trying to match contracts. Their salaries are close enough that it could be done. Maybe, with a sundry piece or two. This was just one idea they floated.

I kinda liked the idea so I put it out to see what others thought about it.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    In all seriousness, I worry Varejao wouldn't be able to help in our system. He has good chemistry in Cleveland despite how bad they are. And Doc can't really abandon the no rebounding thing because of how slow our core is

vCash
    My problem with Varejao is his health. He's already missed about 8 or 9 games and counting with a bruised knee. Not good.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    My problem with Varejao is his health. He's already missed about 8 or 9 games and counting with a bruised knee. Not good.
    I've always chalked up those nagging injuries as "frustration injuries"... It always seems the better players on cellar dweller teams usually get these "frustration injuries"...

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ax72aly

Pierce and KG for Boozer and Deng
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash

Celtics roster news/practice notes/roster speculation/trade ideas thread

Why are people assuming Cleveland would even want green for verajao? Verajao is a solid young big man who has played well this year and is having somewhat of a break out season. Why would they want to trade that for a guy making 10 mil almost coming off heart surgery who hasn't proved much since returning.

Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast