Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 810
  1. #466
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    because you have just contributed so much to this forum?

    newbies. this forum is going down the gutter
    Oh geesh... well, thanks for confirming my suspicions.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 01-01-2013 at 10:58 PM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

  2. #467
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,192
    vCash
    1500
    Really...??? This is a "fans" sports forum... Your posts are gonna either get accepted, rejected or ignored...

    How about this thread gets back to "roster news/ practice notes/ roster speculation/ trade ideas"...???

    In order to get out of a 3 or 4 yr deal like Bass, Terry or Lee would anybody consider trading for 2yr deals like Hinrich or Richard Jefferson...???

    I just don't see any team doing Boston a favor by taking some of these contracts off the C's hands and in return getting some quality youth...

    I don't see next season being any better play wise anyway...

    This post is a perfect example of the bolded...
    Last edited by Forever35; 01-02-2013 at 06:44 AM.
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  3. #468
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,144
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    because you have just contributed so much to this forum?

    newbies. this forum is going down the gutter
    This forum is great. You guys both make good points, its ok to disagree fellas...

    Both put up some great post....I enjoy the read, keep it up and thanks. Uncle Bird Fan


    I would trade Bass in heartbeat, he to undersized. I don't like him in space. He can't play the post well, he can't post the block, he can't strech the floor very well.

    I have disliked his play so far this year. Also his size is huge question...

    LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

    " The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

  4. #469
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Really...??? This is a "fans" sports forum... Your posts are gonna either get accepted, rejected or ignored...

    How about this thread gets back to "roster news/ practice notes/ roster speculation/ trade ideas"...???

    In order to get out of a 3 or 4 yr deal like Bass, Terry or Lee would anybody consider trading for 2yr deals like Hinrich or Richard Jefferson...???

    I just don't see any team doing Boston a favor by taking some of these contracts off the C's hands and in return getting some quality youth...

    I don't see next season being any better play wise anyway...

    This post is a perfect example of the bolded...
    This is why completely blowing up the roster is unlikely. As much as I like Doc as a coach, it is easier to change coaches than this roster.

    The issue I take exception withis Doc has not defined roles and provided opportunities for players like Lee, Green, Barbosa to grow into.

    When DA brought him KG and Allen, there were no roles to define. He had the big 3 with Rondo and Perkins. Whomever the flavor of the year was off the bench and ... well, the team pretty much ran itself.

    He's still got Pierce and KG, he's trying to cram Terry into Allen's role, but Rondo is a far better player than he was 5 years ago and is expanding his role. The drafting of Sullinger was thrown a wrench into things because now Bass has seen his role change but is playing hesitant as if he's not really sure what is expected of him.

    That seems to be true of a majority of the roster - there is talent but they are playing hesitantly and without confidence. It is almost assuredly because they do not know what their roles should be / how the pieces of this puzzle should fit together.

    It is Doc's job to figure it out, define roles for the players and give them his confidence that they can fill the role they have been assigned.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

  5. #470
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    This forum is great. You guys both make good points, its ok to disagree fellas...

    Both put up some great post....I enjoy the read, keep it up and thanks. Uncle Bird Fan


    I would trade Bass in heartbeat, he to undersized. I don't like him in space. He can't play the post well, he can't post the block, he can't strech the floor very well.

    I have disliked his play so far this year. Also his size is huge question...
    Do you think Bass played well for the Celtics up to this year?
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

  6. #471
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,922
    vCash
    1500
    Had Bass been starting every game this year, I think his stats would be much higher. Doc's constant tinkering with the lineup has definitely hurt Bass's play this season.


    "Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

  7. #472
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Had Bass been starting every game this year, I think his stats would be much higher. Doc's constant tinkering with the lineup has definitely hurt Bass's play this season.
    Yes, place yourself in Bass' shoes. His confidence has to be shaken.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

  8. #473
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    193
    vCash
    1500
    agree with everything being said on Bass. If hes gonna get moved to the bench to give sully a starting role or something along those lines happens, it needs to get done and be over with. Doc needs to start making lineup decisions and sticking with them, because this constant rotation changing and tinkering with starting lineup isn't allowing any one the chance to develop any sort of flow and chemistry.

    I don't think this means Doc needs to lose his job, yet. Doc is a good coach and has proven that, this readjustment period the celtics are in now may not be his cup of tea, but if and when they do get it figured out, who would you guys rather have coaching that team than Doc?

  9. #474
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrianscal View Post
    agree with everything being said on Bass. If hes gonna get moved to the bench to give sully a starting role or something along those lines happens, it needs to get done and be over with. Doc needs to start making lineup decisions and sticking with them, because this constant rotation changing and tinkering with starting lineup isn't allowing any one the chance to develop any sort of flow and chemistry.

    I don't think this means Doc needs to lose his job, yet. Doc is a good coach and has proven that, this readjustment period the celtics are in now may not be his cup of tea, but if and when they do get it figured out, who would you guys rather have coaching that team than Doc?
    All good points.

    The counter points are that Doc is a veteran coach and should have roles and rotations figured out by now.

    Question: Doc's reluctance to play or "trust" rookies is legendary, Do you believe part of this is due to Doc's inability to define specific roles for new players, especially rookies with no NBA body of work to rely upon?

    The exceptions to Doc's aversion to rookies - Rondo, Sullinger, Perk - were all one dimensional players with pre-determined limited roles.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 01-02-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

  10. #475
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    592
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrianscal View Post
    agree with everything being said on Bass. If hes gonna get moved to the bench to give sully a starting role or something along those lines happens, it needs to get done and be over with. Doc needs to start making lineup decisions and sticking with them, because this constant rotation changing and tinkering with starting lineup isn't allowing any one the chance to develop any sort of flow and chemistry.

    I don't think this means Doc needs to lose his job, yet. Doc is a good coach and has proven that, this readjustment period the celtics are in now may not be his cup of tea, but if and when they do get it figured out, who would you guys rather have coaching that team than Doc?
    Agreed 100%. I blame Doc for the record thus far, but I don't want to get rid of him either. Maybe Doc, Danny, and the assistant coaches need to take the players and sit them down in a room and assign roles. No games. No negotiations. Everybody hearing the same message at the same time. The team may be pissed, but once everybody adjusted we'd be better off.


    2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

    RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY


  11. #476
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    193
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Polish Post View Post
    Agreed 100%. I blame Doc for the record thus far, but I don't want to get rid of him either. Maybe Doc, Danny, and the assistant coaches need to take the players and sit them down in a room and assign roles. No games. No negotiations. Everybody hearing the same message at the same time. The team may be pissed, but once everybody adjusted we'd be better off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    All good points.

    The counter points are that Doc is a veteran coach and should have roles and rotations figured out by now.

    Question: Doc'sreluctance to play or "trust" rookies is legendary, Do you believe part of this is due to Doc's inability to define specific roles for new players, especially rookies with no NBA body of work to rely upon?

    The exceptions to Doc's aversion to rookies - Rondo, Sullinger, Perk - were all one dimensional players with pre-determined limited roles.
    I definitely agree Doc should be better at this, but regardless he is a good players coach and once we get to the point where we have a good team on the floor they will play hard for him, not that they wouldnt for other coaches, but you can see Doc's connection with his players and thats something that hes worth keeping around for. I believe that he will need to make some changes in his coaching philosophy and allowing younger players to steal more minutes from the veterans. He doesn't like doing this but thats an adjustment he needs to make. If he can't figure it out, he will need to be fired eventually or he will walk himself, but i can't see it happening any time soon. He's too good of a coach not to figure out how to go about winning with this team while also prepping for the next few years. And once he does figure out the player roles/rotations we will be very happy we didnt let one of the greatest coaches in the nba walk because of some struggles during a transition period for this team.

  12. #477
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,922
    vCash
    1500
    We need January 15th to come quickly, because even if Doc starts to figure something out in the next 2 weeks, Danny is bound to make a trade and it will have Doc starting all over again with his not knowing where to play who when.

    We need to pass that stage quickly, and get to the bottom of who is going to be on our team for the playoff run.


    "Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

  13. #478
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,776
    vCash
    1500
    "Rivers said he is unsure whether the Celtics will keep center Jarvis Varnado at the deadline to guarantee contracts for the season Jan. 10."

    http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...pPM/story.html
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

  14. #479
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,144
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Do you think Bass played well for the Celtics up to this year?
    He isn't awful, I think its a system issue with him. I don't like his size, never have. He's to small to play the #4 spot. His rebounding is greatly overrated I feel.

    I like his mid game, I like how he get's into the lane, I like his hustle.

    He has no post game and doesn't bang inside/ crash the boards as well as I would like.

    But, the biggest problem he faces is this team. I think everyone is finding it hard to gel/ fit with this team. Finding roles is very tough, Celtics look undefined.

    That is to say, they look scrambled/ unhinged. It shows in thier energy level also.

    I know this about any player.......every player has this one thing in common. They are ceatures of habit and routine. This shows a lot for Bass this year.

    The Celtics with unsure mins, adjusted line ups, who's getting mins, back log of back court players, a short list of front court players leaves........NO HABIT/ ROUTINE.

    Your thoughts welcome...

    LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

    " The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

  15. #480
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,776
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird Fan View Post
    He isn't awful, I think its a system issue with him. I don't like his size, never have. He's to small to play the #4 spot. His rebounding is greatly overrated I feel.

    I like his mid game, I like how he get's into the lane, I like his hustle.

    He has no post game and doesn't bang inside/ crash the boards as well as I would like.

    But, the biggest problem he faces is this team. I think everyone is finding it hard to gel/ fit with this team. Finding roles is very tough, Celtics look undefined.

    That is to say, they look scrambled/ unhinged. It shows in thier energy level also.

    I know this about any player.......every player has this one thing in common. They are ceatures of habit and routine. This shows a lot for Bass this year.

    The Celtics with unsure mins, adjusted line ups, who's getting mins, back log of back court players, a short list of front court players leaves........NO HABIT/ ROUTINE.

    Your thoughts welcome...
    My thoughts?

    I agree with pretty much everything you state ^^^ here.

    Bass has been a disappointment this season in large part for the reasons you state. Could apply the same reasoning to almost everyone on the team.

    They have to find a way to get to Jan 15 without completely imploding. These next three games are critical. If they find themselves 6 games under .500 on the 15th, they may decide its more prudent to be sellers instead of buyers.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •