Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Mama Ainge didn't raise no fool... Danny will make a move...

Whether its the right one or not will remain to be seen.

vCash
    maybe signing varnado because a deal involving bass sullinger or some other forms of big men are in the works? i know bass cant be dealt til the 15th but this could be a move to add depth if there to lose a couple big men in a trade for a better one.

This clearly shows melo isnt ready by any stretch IMO. if they had any confidence that he could make any sort of impact whether it be getting minutes or benefitting from rolling with the big boys he would have been signed rather than someone like Varnado, whos also unproven but apparently more ready then Fab

vCash
    I bet the signing happened because Wilcox is out with an injury and Barbosa is out again for personal reasons... Would love the right deal to come around but I have my doubts...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I bet the signing happened because Wilcox is out with an injury and Barbosa is out again for personal reasons... Would love the right deal to come around but I have my doubts...
    isnt wilcox out for a while? i'm suprised varnado is considered the answer to this. you could definitely be right but i think if this was a long term replacement they mightve went after a kenyon martin or someone who has proved something. Varnado seems a bit random and makes me think some changes could be made.

that being said this varnado kid was a beast in college. shot blocking machine and grabbed boards all night. if he can come into the nba and be a complimentary guy for KG and come in and bring a KG like shot block rebound presence off the bench a few minutes a game this signing could turn out to be half-decent.

vCash
    His shot blocking better be there, because I also feel KMart could have given us more boards per game than Varnado can.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrianscal View Post
    isnt wilcox out for a while? i'm suprised varnado is considered the answer to this. you could definitely be right but i think if this was a long term replacement they mightve went after a kenyon martin or someone who has proved something. Varnado seems a bit random and makes me think some changes could be made.
    DA has to fill some spots especially at the 4 and 5 which has been an issue all season... Varnado is a cheap fill in worth taking the risk ala Stiems...

Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    His shot blocking better be there, because I also feel KMart could have given us more boards per game than Varnado can.
    Thought I read KMart has considered retirement because he's not showing an interest in any teams who contacted him this season...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    DA has to fill some spots especially at the 4 and 5 which has been an issue all season... Varnado is a cheap fill in worth taking the risk ala Stiems...
    I honestly do kind of like the move because varnado could come in and be a shot blocking presence and make this defense less soft, just a little suprised thats the way they went is all. He's not the biggest guy out their or have ideal size to be guarding any 7 footers so their relying that his shotblocking skills will translate well, if they have plans for him getting any PT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrianscal View Post
    maybe signing varnado because a deal involving bass sullinger or some other forms of big men are in the works? i know bass cant be dealt til the 15th but this could be a move to add depth if there to lose a couple big men in a trade for a better one.

This clearly shows melo isnt ready by any stretch IMO. if they had any confidence that he could make any sort of impact whether it be getting minutes or benefitting from rolling with the big boys he would have been signed rather than someone like Varnado, whos also unproven but apparently more ready then Fab
    The signing of Varnado is in no manner connected to the developmental status of Melo. The Celtics are down a big man with Wilcox out, but even with Wilcox in the lineup there was a need for a big 4 or a true 5.

Varnado is an energy guy - scores some, hits the boards, blocks shots. He was 3 time D POY in the SEC. He might well have been signed even had Wilcox not been injured. He fits a general mold of what the C's have been searching for. The choice likely came down to a retread like Martin, a young guy like Varnado or what for some of the foriegn leagues to wrap up and signing someone from there.

Now we wait for the trade(s) to happen.
    Current
    Rajon Rondo, Phil Pressey
    Jerryd Bayless, Chris Babb
    Jeff Green, Chris Johnson
    Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger
    Kris Humphries, Kelly Olynyk, Joel Anthony

Injured
    Avery Bradley
    Gerald Wallace
    Keith Bogans
    Victor Faverani

Colton Iverson (stashed overseas)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    How is Sully untouchable?
    cause he's the only player we have that can rebound

not untouchable but those are the players I dont see going anywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    The signing of Varnado is in no manner connected to the developmental status of Melo.
    except for the part that it shows hes not ready yet. we clearly need help down low and for them to go out and sign someone who hasnt proven anything in Varnado shows they clearly dont think Melo is ready to play in the NBA. i'd say that would be a connection.

vCash
    What do you guys think it would take to get big AL back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    Utah wanting to trade him...

IMO Milsap goes before Al and in the end I say they re-sign Al because they can offer him the most...

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    Utah wanting to trade him...

IMO Milsap goes before Al and in the end I say they re-sign Al because they can offer him the most...
    Well I read that they might be trying to trade some bigs and Al seems like "the odd man out"

vCash
    Bass/Green/Sullinger/Draft pick

Bass/Green/Bradley/draft pick

Bass/Green/Courtney Lee/Sullinger

some combination of the above would probably also do it. I suppose we could put Terry in a deal instead of Lee as they have similar salaries.

Rondo would probably also get us Al Jefferson but that would be a mistake IMO.

I think Utah holds Milsap, Favors and Enes Kanter and trades Jefferson if they get the right deal back. If I am Utah i want a SF and PG for Big Al
    El Presidente

vCash
    Well I read that they might be trying to trade some bigs and Al seems like "the odd man out"
    Green/Bass/Bradley and #1 should do the job. I'd love to get Terry in the deal and keep Bradley and maybe eat a bad contract from them and give up some other non key guy(s), and/or another pick - maybe a 2nd to go with the first we already coughed up. Just get him here so he can play next to KG for as long as possible.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-25-2012 at 01:51 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast