Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 69centers View Post
    Gortat, Varejao, Jefferson, or Millsap would be fine with me.
    Absolutely.

Unless DA is ready to part with multiple pieces they are pipedreams though.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke0842
    Agreed. I think it matters which level of big we get. Whether its a Gortat/Jefferson type or if its a Robin Lopez/Timofey Mosgov type.
    There are other levels of big men as well. The need is for a quality big man and not just any ol' big.... The C's already have some of those and they don't need someone off the scrap heap (Martin, et al) either.

*** There is a very real need to re-energize this team and that will require a "major" shakeup. This can be accomplished via trade or via coaching change. Signing any of the remaining vet free agents is not what this team needs right now.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 12-17-2012 at 07:40 AM.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    My only thing is though. I don't see any available bigs that we could acquire (with our players contracts) that are feasible. We would probably have to overpay for one. If we were to get one of these big named centers it would cost a lot and I'm not sure if I'd want to get rid of certain players.

I do think one of the guards and possibly Bass should go though. Whether Green starts at the four, Sully starts, or KG slides back to the four we need a center.

vCash
    Internet and media is filled with rumors the C's are looking to trade Lee, but I have not seen anything concerning this attributed to DA / Doc or a reliable Celtics source.

Neither Lee nor Barbosa hold great trade value in the sense of what they could bring back for the Celtics. Both are desireable players but on affordable contracts. Either or both would need to be packaged with another player(s) to return a quality big.

I'm fine with trading one or both. Preferably trading Barbosa simply because of Lee's size.However, a second unit backcourt of Terry and Barbosa could be an electric scoring duo.

I'm not sure we should completely shut the door on any of Terry, Bradley or Rondo being traded either.

Rondo would need to bring a very high quality point guard in return.

We would like to think Bradley is the next most valuable asset but financially he would need to be packaged with another player to return a quality big... and given the C's perimeter defensive woes and the fact they have had Rondo matching up against opponents bigger two guards I think if Bradley is traded it has to be for a bigger defensive minded 2.

Terry is an interesting trade piece. He has value and is desireable to teams. Contract is good but they might still need to package him with another player(s) to return a quality big, but not as many or not as finacially substantial contracts as would be the case with Lee or Barbosa.

Finally the C's have to be real careful of who they package with a guard in order to bring a quality big back. Trading Bass is the popular trend right now but exchanging him for another big still leaves Sullinger as your back up and Doc isn't showing much faith in him. Ditto in regards to Wilcox. It's just isn't as easy a proposition as some want to make it out to be.

I suspect they will get Bradley back and see what impact he has on this team. I also suspect a multi-player deal is as likely to be made as is a smaller deal to bring in or excahnge a big.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Terry won't be traded, no way. Doc gunned for him last Summer and the guy tattooed the freaking mascot on his arm...Imagine the headlines

vCash
    I'm hoping they go for either millsap or larry sanders or a pipe dream in j smoove involving a combo of bass or green with lee or barbosa and picks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nato25 View Post
    I'm hoping they go for either millsap or larry sanders or a pipe dream in j smoove involving a combo of bass or green with lee or barbosa and picks
    Not a chance either team would be interested in any of that...

p.s. JB Smoove is wayyyyy cooler than J Smoove!

2013-2014 BOSTON CELTICS

RONDO / PRESSEY
    BRADLEY / BAYLESS / JOHNSON
    GREEN / WALLACE / BOGANS
    BASS / HUMPHRIES / FAVERANI
    SULLINGER / OLYNYK / ANTHONY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nato25 View Post
    Oh no..........Please no.........Yes, you guys know by now. Find the name listed above that is top #5 most overrated^......

Never mind, I step away from the key board.

A trade is coming but who/when is the question.

PS- Answer to above question.....J. SmooveLOL

LARRY BIRD
    NBA WORLD CHAMPION 1981,1984,1986

" The greatest basketball player and mind of all time. "

vCash
    Josh Smith is absolutely dominant.

vCash

trade idea

tyreke evans and jason thompson for rajon rondo would you guys do this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chitownredbulls View Post
    tyreke evans and jason thompson for rajon rondo would you guys do this?
    I think Sacramento does it in a heartbeat and it would leave the Celtics without a PG and make us worse now and worse in the future.

If the Celtics were to fall out of the playoffs and go into rebuild mode I might consider something like Rondo for Tyreke and Thompson if Sac include an unprotected 1st round pick this year and maybe included Isaiah Thomas as well.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHawk1123 View Post
    Josh Smith is absolutely dominant.

Please.

This is a "big" man scoring 16 pts / game on 44% shooting. He shoots 54% from the foul ine. Yeah, he gets 3.6 assists a game but averages 3 turnovers a game as well. His rebounding numbers are on the decline. What adjective do you use to describe performance greater than "absolutely dominant" because those are the type of players the C's need to be looking for.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 12-18-2012 at 08:51 PM.

vCash
    ESPN's Chad Ford is speculating that Danny Ainge and the Celtics could make a run at out of favor Sacramento King Tyreke Evans.
    The Kings are a mess and Evans' style of play doesn't help things, and, again, his stock is so low, I'm not sure what the value will be. One team to watch is the Celtics -- Danny Ainge loved him before the draft. I'm not sure Boston has the assets to get a deal done, but I could see them trying to make something happen.

Tyreke is a talent, but the biggest red flag here is that he's another 2 guard and the Celtics are a team full of 2 guards. Ainge was rumored to have tried to trade Rajon Rondo to move up to draft Evans a few years back, so Ford is correct to mention the Celtics as a possible suitor. Tyreke's best season was his rookie year, which is never a good sign (See Eric Montross). My guess is that the Kings would ask for Avery Bradley (which the Celtics shouldn't do) or Jared Sullinger (which would only make sense as part of a larger deal possibly including Jason Thompson).

The Kings would be wise to break up their floundering core. Tyreke Evans and DeMarcus Cousins are both knuckleheads and it's hard to win with one those type of guys leading your team, let alone two. One thing about Ainge is he's a gambler, so don't dismiss this rumor as impossible. I'm sure Ainge has already placed a call to the Kings to see what their asking price is (Any GM worth his salt is constantly placing calls like this).

What would you trade for Tyreke (try to make it somewhat realistic)? Or do you have zero desire to see Evans in Boston?
    http://www.celticslife.com/2012/12/r...un-at.html?m=1

My guess would be Bradley, Bass and Melo for Tyreke and Thompson?

It's all speculation at this point as bass cannot be traded until January 15th.

As a celtics fan, I'd do this deal in a heartbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    http://www.celticslife.com/2012/12/r...un-at.html?m=1

My guess would be Bradley, Bass and Melo for Tyreke and Thompson?

It's all speculation at this point as bass cannot be traded until January 15th.

As a celtics fan, I'd do this deal in a heartbeat.
    You might be onto something.

I would hate to part with Bradley, but to get someone decent in return they will have to part with someone decent.

I would bet the C's would have to throw in a pick as well, but adding Evans and Thompson... that would be pretty sweet.

I don't see it happening for Rondo though. They Celtics would be left without a true point. And I don't want Brooks or Thomas from the Kings as the point for the Celtics.

EDIT: Unless they think Shelvin Mack is ready?
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 12-18-2012 at 08:29 PM.

vCash
    hawks are winning and he is there main guy, so I wouldnt want to look at stats only...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungOne View Post
    hawks are winning and he is there main guy, so I wouldnt want to look at stats only...
    Well, he's one of their main guys. I would take Horford over him any day of the week and twice on Sunday... to go all old school about it.

Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast