Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    PP is the elder statesman and although he is on the back end of his career he hasnt done anything to lose his starting job.
    Except show that he's on the 18th tee. There is respect and then there is acknowledging reality.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    If his legs are betraying him as a 3, he surely cannot be expected to guard 2's. The more logical step is to follow what they have done with Garnett by moving Pierce to 4. He would give up size, but be fine against stretch 4's
    PP also can't really guard athletic 3's at this point in his career either so moving him to the 4 would completely be counter productive...

PP played the 2 early in his career and can do so against other perimeter oriented 2's. Sure there are 2's where it might present a matchup problem but thats why we have Bradley and Lee for defensive purposes. PP can also be a nightmare matchup for any teams with a starting small 2 guard.

Depending on how games start out and the matchups given PP can always be shifted down to the 3 and Green to the 4 for short spurts if we need a defensive presence at the 2. This starting lineup also allows us to have more athletism to start games at the 3 (Green).

I've drawn up a depth chart of what I think would be a solid rotation. Please note some players are playing multiple positions.

Rondo/Terry/Barbosa
    PP/Bradley/Lee
    Green/PP/Joseph
    Bass/Sullinger/Green
    KG/Wilcox/Sullinger/Collins
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    Rondo/Terry/Barbosa
    PP/Bradley/Lee
    Green/PP/Joseph
    Bass/Sullinger/Green
    KG/Wilcox/Sullinger/Collins
    Mine would look like:

Rondo/Barbosa
    Bradley/Terry
    Green/PP
    Sullinger/Bass
    KG/Wilcox

The other guys don't play enough to make a difference. Lee doesn't deserve to be any higher than the 11th guy IMO.

2nd unit has some nice shooting in Terry and PP.

1st unit has most of the athleticism and/or youth and outside of KG should be playing 30 min/game+. While the #4 slot has to work hard to break even on rebounds (or not killed). Green at the 3 offers chances for O rebounding and penetration that PP doesn't seem to be able to bring every night.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    the frontcourt of green-sully-KG looked pretty good when they got action.

vCash
    The other thing about PP coming off the bench. Red invented the 6th man, and HOF players such as:

Ramsey
    Havlicek
    McHale

have played it brilliantly both early and late in their careers. They have an award for it. Sell PP on the lineage/history of doing it as another challenge. It's not going to affect his next contract, because he's playing on his last deal now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungOne View Post
    the frontcourt of green-sully-KG looked pretty good when they got action.
    Yes they did. Sully is game, and he's smart. Another very wise DA draft pick.

vCash
    PP also can't really guard athletic 3's at this point in his career either so moving him to the 4 would completely be counter productive...

PP played the 2 early in his career and can do so against other perimeter oriented 2's. Sure there are 2's where it might present a matchup problem but thats why we have Bradley and Lee for defensive purposes. PP can also be a nightmare matchup for any teams with a starting small 2 guard.

Depending on how games start out and the matchups given PP can always be shifted down to the 3 and Green to the 4 for short spurts if we need a defensive presence at the 2. This starting lineup also allows us to have more athletism to start games at the 3 (Green).

I was going to respond with a lot of counter points but decided to keep it simple ... I pretty much disagree with everyone thing you posted.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post

I was going to respond with a lot of counter points but decided to keep it simple ... I pretty much disagree with everyone thing you posted.
    Agree to disagree I suppose. I'm not opposed to PP coming off the bench, but what I really want to see is green starting and getting 30+ mpg every night. If that means PP moving to the 2 or to a 6th man role than so be it.

It will be interesting to see how this rotation shakes out once Bradley is back and playing well
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    there are rumours that say dalembert is not happy with the role in milwaukee .

I think he can help us a lot rebounding wise ,he is in the final year of the deal making 6.6 milion .

We have trade pieces if DA is interested .

vCash
    Agree to disagree I suppose. I'm not opposed to PP coming off the bench, but what I really want to see is green starting and getting 30+ mpg every night. If that means PP moving to the 2 or to a 6th man role than so be it.

It will be interesting to see how this rotation shakes out once Bradley is back and playing well
    We agree that Green needs to start.

How that affects Pierce or even if it affects Pierce is where we would debate.

And that's okay... I enjoy differing opinions that make me re-examine my own.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leprechaun5 View Post
    there are rumours that say dalembert is not happy with the role in milwaukee .

I think he can help us a lot rebounding wise ,he is in the final year of the deal making 6.6 milion .

We have trade pieces if DA is interested .
    What trade pieces?

We wouldn't move any starter, or Jeff Green.

That leaves Courtney Lee + another player for Dally. Knowing that Lee isn't needed AT ALL in MIL, and Dally is expiring, the Bucks would probably want Sully in the deal, which for me is a big NO.

However, if they wanted to do Lee+Wilcox, I'd be down ;D

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by se247042 View Post
    What trade pieces?

We wouldn't move any starter, or Jeff Green.

That leaves Courtney Lee + another player for Dally. Knowing that Lee isn't needed AT ALL in MIL, and Dally is expiring, the Bucks would probably want Sully in the deal, which for me is a big NO.

However, if they wanted to do Lee+Wilcox, I'd be down ;D
    Bass,sully,lee,barbosa.

vCash
    Anyone who is willing to include Sully or Melo (rookie first round picks) in any trade for Dalembert does not know the true value of assets in the NBA. Teams just don't simply trade potential for 5 month rental players with a low ceiling.

In order for us to acquire dalembert, it would have to be for Lee or Bass + fillers.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    Always try to view things from as many perspectives as I can. Been wondering if I haven't misinterpreted Barbosa's signing. My first thought was that his signing was a precursor to a trade... for a big. Package a guard and another layer to bring in a big.

Rondo's suspension proved the emaining guards capable. Not great but good. Ball movement was decent and could improve. Rondo dominates the ball and with his distribution skills this is expected. What if Rondo were the guard to be traded?

Yeah, I know.... the Celtics would lack a true point guard so maybe one needs to come back.. It opens up new possibilities.

vCash
    Anyone who is willing to include Sully or Melo (rookie first round picks) in any trade for Dalembert does not know the true value of assets in the NBA. Teams just don't simply trade potential for 5 month rental players with a low ceiling.

In order for us to acquire dalembert, it would have to be for Lee or Bass + fillers.
    darko was 2nd pick in 2003 .

you're talking like sully and melo are going to be superstars .

i agree that sully has potential but his size isn't going to let him be a star in this league .

Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast