Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Gonna have to go back and forth between C's/OKC and Maine/Canton (youtube)... Both games tip off at 7:30...

Commercial breaks will be used for watching Fab, Kris and Mack...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    I think JJ Hickson is one guy, perhaps the one guy, that makes sense. I think he is around 10 / 10 guy this season. At $4 M he could be had for one of our guards and Sullinger.

We have an extra guard when Bradley gets back. Sullinger has shown well but I know the problems his back caused him the last couple of seasons in college.
    Hickson is a solid rotational player in the NBA but....

JJ Hickson was waived last season only to be picked up by the Trailblazers.

The C's would be crazy to trade Sullinger (still a rookie we used a 1st rounder on) straight up for Hickson let alone with another player. The most I'd be willing to give up for Hickson would be a late 1st round pick plus a filler salary like Collins.
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    Was a starter in Cleveland and is a starter again with Portland. Solid energy guy averaging 10 pts and 10 rebounds a game. If he is not the ideal player, than who is?

Would rather give up Bass to get him but Bass makes $2.5 M more than Hickson.

Sullinger and either Lee or Barbosa works.

AND... as I've stated before, I have a son that works for the OSU athletic department. I know the problems he has had with his back the last couple of years and that was with a 30-35 game schedule.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    For Hickson?

vCash
    Was a starter in Cleveland and is a starter again with Portland. Solid energy guy averaging 10 pts and 10 rebounds a game. If he is not the ideal player, than who is?

Would rather give up Bass to get him but Bass makes $2.5 M more than Hickson.

AND... as I've stated before, I have a son that works for the OSU athletic department. I know the problems he has had with his back the last couple of years and that was with a 30-35 game schedule.
    I think your putting far too much stock into the worth of JJ Hickson on the trade market. Portland would jump at that deal and never look back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    If Sullinger ever finishes an NBA season in the top 75 in Win Shares, I'll quit the forum.
    ^^ Deal taken! ^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan2007 View Post
    I think your putting far too much stock into the worth of JJ Hickson on the trade market. Portland would jump at that deal and never look back.
    I agree.

However, the Celtics are up against the cap. At $4M / year Hickson is "affordable" and has the skill set the Celtic's need. Trading 2 for one in this case is about chasing the banner. Portland would likely want one of Sullinger or Bass so..... The other option would be to send Bass to Portland for Hickson and....??? Pavlovic? Jeffries? The C's do have an open roster spot.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI 14m  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Curry for Rondo?

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    Meh, would've done that if we were rebuilding but we aren't right now so no.

vCash
    Bass, Avery Bradley, Jeff Green and our 2013 1st round pick for Marvin Williams, Al Jefferson and Earl Watson? I believe the numbers work.

Marvin Williams is one of the more underrated players in the NBA IMO....but so is Bass.
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Bass, Avery Bradley, Jeff Green and our 2013 1st round pick for Marvin Williams, Al Jefferson and Earl Watson? I believe the numbers work.
    Thats a joke right...???

Marvin Williams is one of the more underrated players in the NBA IMO....but so is Bass.
    I would think being the 2nd pick overall he's a little overrated IMO...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    Curry for Rondo?
    in a heartbeat

if we were rebuilding
    Yo Soy Fiesta

vCash

Lol williams sucks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I would think being the 2nd pick overall he's a little overrated IMO...
    I think Williams more so fits the description of BUST

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonSports96 View Post
    I think Williams more so fits the description of BUST

He has never lived up to his hype/potential but if you step back and forget where he was drafted he is a decent role player(similar to Bass) and makes a reasonable salary by NBA standards given that salary cap restrictions are getting even tighter. He is also a good locker room guy and if we got him in a package deal that nets us Al Jefferson and we dont have to give up Pierce, KG or Rondo than I think its a win for the Celtics, especially given how poorly Jeff Green has played.

As I said before a package centered around AL Jefferson and Marvin Williams where we give up a couple of young pieces like Sullinger or Bradley packaged with Bass and Green and that is a WIN for us and makes us better this year. If we dont upgrade our defense and rebounding there is literally no shot of us coming out of the east this year.

Another Trade option with Utah that is slightly different than my previous:

Bass/Green/Sullinger/2013 1st round draft pick

for

Marvin Williams
    Al Jefferson

or replace Bradley with Sullinger or add Fab Melo if needed or something along these lines.
    Last edited by rufo4100; 11-29-2012 at 03:06 PM.
    El Presidente

vCash
    He has never lived up to his hype/potential but if you step back and forget where he was drafted he is a decent role player(similar to Bass) and makes a reasonable salary by NBA standards given that salary cap restrictions are getting even tighter. He is also a good locker room guy and if we got him in a package deal that nets us Al Jefferson and we dont have to give up Pierce, KG or Rondo than I think its a win for the Celtics, especially given how poorly Jeff Green has played.

As I said before a package centered around AL Jefferson and Marvin Williams where we give up a couple of young pieces like Sullinger or Bradley packaged with Bass and Green and that is a WIN for us and makes us better this year. If we dont upgrade our defense and rebounding there is literally no shot of us coming out of the east this year.

Another Trade option with Utah that is slightly different than my previous:

Bass/Green/Sullinger/2013 1st round draft pick

for

Marvin Williams
    Al Jefferson

or replace Bradley with Sullinger or add Fab Melo if needed or something along these lines.
    I'm all for this if we don't have to give up Bradley.

"Stats are for losers. The final score is for winners." - Bill Belichick

Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast