Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    look I hope you guys are right..but history tells us different. Again, I'm a Wright fan, but I'm not in favor of giving him 20M a year for 7 plus years. Trust me, his agent is going for 10. They know they have the Mets by the balls because of the fan base.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    The Red Sox is deal is by far my favorite, I would be pissed if we settled for any of the others. Middlebrooks and Barnes is a great haul, but I'd like another piece, say a bullpen or low level guy or something.

If Texas is calling, I want Profar no questions asked. If the Royals are calling, I want Wil Myers. The Angels have nothing to offer for me. If the D-Backs are calling, I want a block-buster Justin Upton and Archie Bradley deal.

I don't want to deal Wright though.
    Agreed. If we do move him I like what the Redsox have to offer the most. Middlebrooks is only 24, if he can put up numbers similar to what he had last year we'd have a decent player out of him. If we do move Wright thats who I want, and there best prospect. I dont want to see Wright go, but if he does thats what I want in return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydays22 View Post
    I'll bet you the Yankees don't agree with this (A-Rod)....
    Some advice: Take everything the Yankees and their fans do, and don't give a **** about it.

Let's go Mets!

vCash
    look I hope you guys are right..but history tells us different. Again, I'm a Wright fan, but I'm not in favor of giving him 20M a year for 7 plus years. Trust me, his agent is going for 10. They know they have the Mets by the balls because of the fan base.
    I don't think Wright will cash strap the Mets like that or have those type of crazy demands.

He could get more money in FA if he was looking for every last dollar.

He wants market value and he wants it from the Mets if they are willing to pay him.

Expect 6/7 yrs at 120-140 million.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-02-2012 at 12:35 AM.

vCash
    Trevor Bauer added to Matt Harvey and Zack Wheeler would make a very formidable 1-2-3. But I agree I like Boston's deal the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Trevor Bauer added to Matt Harvey and Zack Wheeler would make a very formidable 1-2-3. But I agree I like Boston's deal the best.
    I would rather have Skaggs myself but no more SP.

This team has too many offensive problems even at the expense of losing a possibly great young SP in Bauer.

It would be a great rotation but where would the offense come from?

They would need 1 or 2 offensive pieces returned back in any deal to make it worth it for me.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-02-2012 at 01:30 AM.

vCash
    Wright was compared to other teams' franchise players like Chipper and Jeter. Can anyone really see the Yankees or Braves dragging their feet this long to sign their respective franchise player? If Wright is indeed the face of your franchise you just get it done out of respect for what he has meant for your franchise on and off the field. This is where the Mets as it said in the article are so "cavalier" in their negotiation process. Better to let the guy walk than have the player dictate anything in negotiations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Wright was compared to other teams' franchise players like Chipper and Jeter. Can anyone really see the Yankees or Braves dragging their feet this long to sign their respective franchise player? If Wright is indeed the face of your franchise you just get it done out of respect for what he has meant for your franchise on and off the field. This is where the Mets as it said in the article are so "cavalier" in their negotiation process. Better to let the guy walk than have the player dictate anything in negotiations.
    Is it wrong they are taking their time getting a deal done?

Yeah but let's be honest the WS just ended and as long as they get it done does it really matter how and when they do it?

I am sure they will get a deal done with Wright, as for Dickey that could be a completely different story.

It's really an elementary process, if they can't re-sign him or Dickey then they should deal them as quickly as possible.

The only really unacceptable ending here is letting this devolve into the Reye's situation where Wright walks and they only get a compensation pick for him.

Other than that, it's move forward with Wright in hopes that 2014 allows them to add payroll or deal him and get the prospects he's so rightfully worth now.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-02-2012 at 04:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    We don't really need a 3B back in a trade though, we got Flores.
    Nonsense, as of right now, none have shown they can contribute at the MLB level, and both of those guys are probably a year(maybe mid-2013 for Flores) or more away from making it to The Show. Also, we'd be lucky if one of those guys pan out as a legit starting 3B. Worst case scenario, Olt starts for us Opening Day and stinks, then we send Olt to the bench/back to the minors and let Flores(assuming he's raking at AA) take the position. If not that, we can always package a few of them in a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I like the Texas deal too because of Olt's power, Holland's potential, and Gentry's CF prowess.

It still might be a little light though.
    If we can get that for Wright, I'd probably do it. Holland likely excel in Flushing. The longer we hold on to him(assuming we don't get an extension), packages will worsen. I wonder if we can get Alex Gordon for Wright, if so, we'd actually have a decent team in 2013 if we trade Wright and Dickey. Maybe we can bring back Torres; Young, and Pelf as insurance, then sign Melky.

Starting Outfielders: CF: Kirk; RF: Melky, LF: Gordon
    Infield: 1B: Ike; 2B: Murphy, 3B: Olt, SS: Tejada, C: Stoppach
    Bench: Gentry, Duda, Thole, V-Spin, Turner
    Rotation: Niese; Gee, Harvey, Wheeler, Holland

We'd basically have 3 legit starting pitchers(Harvey still has to prove himself), and our depth would be decent. Speed would be mediocre, while power would be awful. However this Mets team would slug; get on base, and field decently, that team above is a 70-75 win team, maybe a 80 - 83 win team if they get lucky. Thoughts?
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    If ten is his agents number then pack your bags Davey because even I would pass on that, not at 30 years old.

vCash
    His agent will want ten years and the Mets will try and sign him to a Longoria deal. lol

vCash
    I am going to put this to rest. We need to stop acting like every star player from other teams get deals done quick. Here is the Yankees who had major issues with Derek Jeter.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...on-dollar-deal

The New York Yankees have officially announced that 36 year old star shortstop Derek Jeter, has signed a three year, $51 million contract to stay with the team through the 2013 season. The maximum Jeter could earn would be $65 million as a fourth year, incentive-based player option that has been added to the contract based on Jeter's performance over the first three years.

This deal comes on the backside of a great speculation about Jeter's future with the team and extensive negotiations between Jeter's agent, Casey Close, and the Yankees front office led by Hank Steinbrenner and Brian Cashman.

Jeter's negotiations with the team were tenuous and often tense since the end of the 2010 season. After initially requesting a larger deal that the final proposed to the superstar, the Yankees welcomed Jeter to test the free-agent market, but also reportedly told him that he should "drink some reality potion" in regards to his value on the open market.

According to the Yankees, at the center of the difficulties during negotiations was Jeter's failure to recognize that at his age the team was not in a position to offer a long-term extension, or a contract beyond a three-year period. Jeter was initially requesting a longer-term deal with a yearly payout similar to the ten year $189 million dollar contract the Yankees captain signed back in 2000.
    By the way he didn't sign until December 7th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    I am going to put this to rest. We need to stop acting like every star player from other teams get deals done quick. Here is the Yankees who had major issues with Derek Jeter.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...on-dollar-deal

By the way he didn't sign until December 7th.
    Jeter was up there in age and coming of a so-so season, Wright is in the prime of his career and the Mets have known for a while that this time was coming, big difference. Let's not act like the Mets will get anything accomplished considering they let Reyes walk out the door before even getting an offer on the table.

vCash
    Jeter was up there in age and coming of a so-so season, Wright is in the prime of his career and the Mets have known for a while that this time was coming, big difference. Let's not act like the Mets will get anything accomplished considering they let Reyes walk out the door before even getting an offer on the table.
    I knew you were going to use age. I'm sorry but no. Derek is the franchise over there and the Yankees had problems signing him. No way to talk yourself out of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    I knew you were going to use age. I'm sorry but no. Derek is the franchise over there and the Yankees had problems signing him. No way to talk yourself out of that.
    You can't ignore age, the Yankees were hesitant on giving him a lot of money since he struggled so much in 2010. That is why the talks dragged out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast