Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspy44 View Post
    Those options are more interesting than the ones proposed by Simon the other day. Still nothing but idle speculation from reporters though.
    Agreed.

vCash
    Whats the deal with Flores btw?

I know they haven't moved him to 2nd in the Winter leagues.

Do they have any intention on doing so?

vCash
    I mean they have him and Aderlin Rodriguez coming down the pipe (Rodriguez eventually)

I would think Flores has to be dealt sometime this year if they don't switch his positions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Whats the deal with Flores btw?

I know they haven't moved him to 2nd in the Winter leagues.

Do they have any intention on doing so?
    No. Unless he's traded, he will likely stay in the minors and mash his way to the big leagues playing whatever position available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    You reduce the quality of the forum by doing that. Cmon man.
    I do what's necessary for David Wright

Aderlin Rodriguez. Are we seriously having the conversation of trading Wright so Wilmer Flores and Aderlin freakin Rodriguez can take over in a few years?

Beyond idiotic. Wright is the heart and soul of the Mets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    I do what's necessary for David Wright

Aderlin Rodriguez. Are we seriously having the conversation of trading Wright so Wilmer Flores and Aderlin freakin Rodriguez can take over in a few years?

Beyond idiotic. Wright is the heart and soul of the Mets.
    I don't want to trade him either but lets be mature. Aderlin Rodriguez has incredible raw power. Flores has shown a lot at a young age.

vCash
    I'm sorry, I like Wright a lot..but haven't we (well the mets) learned our lesson with signing guys to big long term contracts (Santana,Bay). There are others as well.

Do you want to give Wright, who's power has steadly gone down and is 30, a 7 year or more contract? If met fans think he's signing a 5 year or less down I have a bridge to sell you. If you can't get him for 6 at say 100M then it's time to trade him. Get as much as you can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydays22 View Post
    I'm sorry, I like Wright a lot..but haven't we (well the mets) learned our lesson with signing guys to big long term contracts (Santana,Bay). There are others as well.

Do you want to give Wright, who's power has steadly gone down and is 30, a 7 year or more contract? If met fans think he's signing a 5 year or less down I have a bridge to sell you. If you can't get him for 6 at say 100M then it's time to trade him. Get as much as you can.
    Bay is different. Wright is already here and won't decline so sharply. Pitcher's don't count either.

At worst, I say Wright becomes an average 3B who makes $18M at the end of his deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Bay is different. Wright is already here and won't decline so sharply. Pitcher's don't count either.

At worst, I say Wright becomes an average 3B who makes $18M at the end of his deal.
    So you want to pay him at 38 18M? By the way he is looking for 20M per for at least 7 years. I know he's tough to move just like Reyes because he's home grown..but this might be the best thing to do. I hope, hope he gives us a home town discount but I'm not counting on it. I think he's frustrated with the team and direction. We know we aren't going to get any big FA this off season.

vCash
    So you want to pay him at 38 18M? By the way he is looking for 20M per for at least 7 years. I know he's tough to move just like Reyes because he's home grown..but this might be the best thing to do. I hope, hope he gives us a home town discount but I'm not counting on it. I think he's frustrated with the team and direction. We know we aren't going to get any big FA this off season.
    You have to give something to get something. David Wright alone brings in so many fans. With David, the Mets make more money, without him, they don't. What I'm trying to say is the net gain would be larger if he were here even if we are paying him 20 million.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    You have to give something to get something. David Wright alone brings in so many fans. With David, the Mets make more money, without him, they don't. What I'm trying to say is the net gain would be larger if he were here even if we are paying him 20 million.
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    We also have Daniel Murphy. Third base is his natural position and it opens up second for Valdespin.
    Valdespin needs a better plate discipline than what he has shown to get a major league full-time position.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I'll bet you the Yankees don't agree with this (A-Rod)....

vCash
    A-Rod is still an above average 3rd baseman.

vCash
    I'll bet you the Yankees don't agree with this (A-Rod)....
    There's also that whole thing about the Mets paying Wright till he is 36 or 37 whereas the Yankees have been paying A-Rod to under perform (although through WAR value he is still 2+ WAR 3rd baseman) the last 2 years and will be paying A-Rod 20+ million a year to continually under perform and regress until he is 42.

The Mets won't have to worry about that type of albatross.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-01-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast