Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Great pick up, if plays to potential we can most certainly be the Top team in the AFC, and maybe the NFL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kucka View Post
    If the Patriots let Talib walk next year and don't win a SB we essentially give away a 4th rounder, which is a "blip on the radar" considering the Patriots drafting philosophy. It doesn't matter if Belichick is too cocky to care about letting a player walk, it still has an impact on the team.

And the window is closing, we are going to lose Brady in the next couple of years who will probably be followed by Belichick. I don't care how much "good young talent" we draft you're going to lose a HOF QB and a HOF HC.
    Well I guess the only option is to........win it all

vCash
    I don't see how any Patriots fan could not like this trade, for so many reasons. In Bill We Trust applies for most Pats fans; though many (myself included) have been guilty in the past about not understanding his draft logic, or why they don't trade for "___" to fill the need at ____ .

In this case, the equation above is clearly addressed. So shut up, and be happy about it. You can't knock this guys talent. Talib is just as talented, and in some cases more so, than any other head-case the Pats have brought in from other teams in the past (Ocho, Haynesworth, Dillon.....def not more talented than Moss when we got him) at his respective position.

They have drafted with mild success in the 4th round. However, this is pro-bowl calibur talent, knowing his career is on the line, also in a contract year. He has more at stake than the Patriots are risking. Couple that with the ability, and the fact that he's healthy and fresh for the end of the season, it is a home-run swing on a hanging curveball over home plate.

A lot of confidence in this move. Well done BB and crew!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by holywack17 View Post
    Right but what I'm saying is there is no reason really at all for a corner to use steroids. They need to be adequately strong, but not over powering, too much muscle mass would hurt a corner in his playing ability. The benefit gained from steroids at the cb position would be minimal, if any IMO. It's usually linebackers and Dlineman who use steroids. HGH on the other hand, can help injury recovery significantly , hence it is more widespread among positions.
    Nope. CB's pound for pound is one of, if not the strongest athletes in the world. Why can a CB run fast or jump high? Muscles. Muscles are not confined to biceps. If you are taking something and work out your legs, and work for definition and not bulk, there is no reason to bulk up.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash

Patriots acquire CB Aqib Talib and a 7th round pick for a 4th round pick

^ Steroids build muscle mass though, not necessarily strength. Like increased, more than normal mass then you would get without using them. (Hence body builders use them, but not strongmen). you don't need a whole lot of muscle mass at corner, you need strength, flexibility, endurance, and explosiveness, all while maintaining a relatively light body weight. The corner position is all about acceleration and quickness. Generally, bigger you are the less of those traits you will have.
    PSD's Brian Tyms

vCash
    To all the experts that believe steroids only benefit power athletes, like say...linemen, and not corners tell me how an endurance athlete like 165 pound Lance Armstrong would benefit and a corner would not?
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash

Don't think lance Armstrong used steroids, he used testosterone and other blood boosting drugs. Again, steroids, for the most part increased muscle mass, something that wouldn't benefit a cycler.
    PSD's Brian Tyms

vCash

And I never said steroids help build power, I said they help build muscle mass, or to bulk up. Power lifting builds power, endurance lifiting builds endurance etc. Obviously there is some crossover there, but muscle mass doesn't mean increased power and strength necessarily, and it definitely doesn't mean increased muscle endurance.
    PSD's Brian Tyms

vCash
    As a bucs fan aqib is a very good addition, he has the ability to be a top 3 cb for sure, his short comings comes from talib trying to be a super hero and blowing his coverages, he leaves recvrs to try and make plays and end up getting burned for it, if he can focus on his job duties as he should you'll see a very much improved secondary! Great addition good luck with that...

As a lab technician, adderall affects people the same period, it slows the mind to focus more. People with adhd minds tend to move faster then the average person which cause them to think about more then 1 thing @ a time, people who use without adhd tends to lose balance do to the drug slowing there train of thought therefore is considered a performance enhancement drug due to the focus affect! Also the drug can't be used as a cover up, there will still be a trace of roids in his system if he was indeed using which there hasn't been any evidence that he has!
    Last edited by Capital T; 11-03-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    No. IT only helps you stay focused when you have ADHD. In that case the speed like characteristics help that person slow down and focus. To regular folks, it acts like speed.

I work with troubled teens in state care that almost always have a list of one to five or more drugs that they are on. Two of them have been nabbed for selling ADHD meds (one Adderall). People buy it because it's readily available speed.
    To regular people the affects are the same, it slow the train of thought for both, the difference is the person with adhd mind tends to move much faster then the average Joe, and one who doesn't have adhd it slow there instinct and train of thought for to focus. Problem people without don't no how to hand the affect, cause most to over think and limits the ability to multi task, while people with it enhances there ability to do just that as a normal personal!

Example: While normal people think of 3 things @ once adderall limits them to focus on only 1, and and those with adhd think of let's say 1o @ once (just and example) adderall cuts that down to normal standard 3-4 thoughts @ once!
    Last edited by Capital T; 11-03-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    why don't you all, instead of debating the effects, get together and each take an adderall and see what happens

vCash
    My brother is a pharmacy major. He lives off of that ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by holywack17 View Post
    ^ Steroids build muscle mass though, not necessarily strength. Like increased, more than normal mass then you would get without using them. (Hence body builders use them, but not strongmen). you don't need a whole lot of muscle mass at corner, you need strength, flexibility, endurance, and explosiveness, all while maintaining a relatively light body weight. The corner position is all about acceleration and quickness. Generally, bigger you are the less of those traits you will have.
    No, mass isn't a 100% for sure byproduct of juicing.

They (HGH in particular) help with athletic recovery.

CB's in football have taken juice. See the Steelers of the 70's for starters.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox1899 View Post
    why don't you all, instead of debating the effects, get together and each take an adderall and see what happens
    +1, I'm on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox1899 View Post
    I have. I stayed up until 5AM debating military history with a Dolphins fan from Australia

Good times

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast