Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Official snacks and meals thread

Let's see if this thread takes off, we can help give each other ideas of what to eat, maybe a lot of us can benefit. Basically, just put down a snack or meal, the macro's, and that's it. Macro's aren't necessary, cuz its a bit annoying to find that info out, so in the spirit of hopefully getting more posts just put down what you eat anyway, if it sounds that good to someone guess they can look up the macros on their own.

I got a couple cool little snacks I be banging on

cantaloupe and cottage cheese, little high in the sugar but a solid hit of protein

1/4 cantaloupe, 0g fat, 11g carbs (11g sugar), 1 g protein, 50 calories
    cup of low fat cottage cheese, 4g fat, 8g carbs (8g sugar), 28g protein, 180 calories

chocolate peanut butter on whole wheat bread w/ 2 cups of milk

2 slices whole wheat bread, 2g fat, 38g carbs (6g sugar), 10g protein, 220 calories
    4 tbsp chocolate peanut butter, 26g fat, 24g carbs (14g sugar), 12g protein, 340 calories
    2 cups 1% milk, 5g fat, 26g carbs (24g sugar), 16g protein, 200 calories

wow, i didn't realize how high in calories this was. I eat it for breakfast, start off with a cool 30+g protein

greek yogurt w/ crushed walnuts and honey

about 1.5 cup lowfat greek yogurt
    little less than handful of walnuts
    drizzle honey

vCash
    This thread has potential. 2 snacks I will ever need: Bagels w/ peanut butter and Yogurt.

vCash
    We do one of these threads every so often, it lasts for a few weeks an then everyone just stops posting their meals lol
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    I just had a Porterhouse steak medium rare with an agave glaze. This was my post gym meal.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    We do one of these threads every so often, it lasts for a few weeks an then everyone just stops posting their meals lol
    yea I remember there was one before. Maybe if this one gets traction you can sticky it. I think it'd be a good resource for people to have so they can get ideas, especially if going from a bulk to a cut or vice versa.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    I just had a Porterhouse steak medium rare with an agave glaze. This was my post gym meal.
    I don't even remember the last time I had steak, I need to end this drought. Been a fan of the ny strip lately, used to be the ribeye. Looks like you had both lol, that's what porter house is, right? Or is it ny strip + filet mignon?
    Last edited by nastynice; 12-18-2013 at 01:58 PM.

vCash
    A quick tip that can almost be applied universally, you can replace your rice with quinoa. It'll help up your protein and its a complete protein too

1 cup white rice, 0.4g fat, 45g carb, 4.2g protein

1 cup quinoa, 3.5g fat, 40g carb, 8g protein

vCash
    Chipotle for lunch

vCash
    oh no, lol, I see what's happening here. I don't mean a thread where people say what they ate. I'm trying to make a thread where people can put ideas for meals and snacks that are workout friendly, mostly meaning high protein low sugar/unhealthy fats. More like a resource for people to check out if they want an idea of what to make at home, or if someone comes up with a banging recipe that's healthy they can share it

For example, I haven't ate this for probably a year, but a great lil pre workout snack is whole wheat bagel with peanut butter, banana, honey. Keeps you feeling full and a nice does of complex carbs to sustain you through workout

And if one wants to go the extra mile, then they can put down some of the macros to give an idea what kind of macro profile this snack has. I'm lazy right now tho, I don't want to go the extra mile, lol

vCash
    i really need help with breakfast. i cant eat eggs, i dislike them too much and cant even force em down. Im pretty picky with breakfast all together and the only cereal i really like is Frosted Flakes which prob aren too good to have that often. Any suggestions to get my day started right?

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    i really need help with breakfast. i cant eat eggs, i dislike them too much and cant even force em down. Im pretty picky with breakfast all together and the only cereal i really like is Frosted Flakes which prob aren too good to have that often. Any suggestions to get my day started right?
    Oatmeal?
    $9.99

vCash
    i eat oatmeal from time to time. actually been looking into trying it with some protein powder and peanut butter just need to get another flavor of protein cuz i doubt orange smoothie would taste good.

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    Try cooking eggs differently then. Also just a protein shake

vCash
    what do u mean cook eggs differently?

RETURN OF THE MAC

vCash
    what do u mean cook eggs differently?
    You can scramble them, you can pan fry them, you can poach them and you can boil them.

Each way you prepare them provides a different taste. Although not drastic, it is a different taste nonetheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast