Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Princeton Offense Concerns

So far the Princeton offense looks awful. I mean the system I know works, but so many errand passes. Especially on the perimeter. It seems our bigs get caught out on the wing and everyone else (bench especially) looks totally confused.

Do you think it's going to improve?

I would rather see Nash simply run pick and roll/pick and pop. It seems like Nash just abandons the offense when he makes plays.

Anyone else concerned with the Princeton offense? Any words of comfort?
    LINSANITY

vCash
    Well if it makes you feel any better my Giants are making history and kicking some serious tail

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_One View Post
    Well if it makes you feel any better my Giants are making history and kicking some serious tail
    Socal native here. Hate the giants lol.

The city of Detroit deserves it more.

Back to the point...Princeton offense...what gives?
    LINSANITY

vCash
    last night Ron held the ball for too damn long during most possessions especially down the stretch. Floor spacing is god awful. Ron still can't hit a 3. And Pau can't do crap offensively anymore.

vCash

Can we at least give it some time? During the past 2 games we have seen flashes of brilliance here and there... We're going in the right direction. This may not be as easy as people want and hope but we will get there.

My main worry is that brown still hasn't figured out what his bench rotation will be and has yet to intersperse bench players with starters. Granted, Dwight has only played 1 game and Kobe has been injured but still... Over the course of the season, I doubt we ever see 5 bench players out there at once. Unless its a blowout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    last night Ron held the ball for too damn long during most possessions especially down the stretch. Floor spacing is god awful. Ron still can't hit a 3. And Pau can't do crap offensively anymore.
    Ya that's what I'm seeing to. The only time anything looks good is when Nash penetrates and dishes...which doesn't look like the Princeton Offense.

Pau only looks good when he catches the ball on the wing and passes the ball inside into Sacre. But that just looks like the same play they did last season...not the Princeton Offense.

The ONE time they looked like they were running it was early in the game in one play when basically they looked like the Globe Trouders just running around and passing the ball to each other...nothing towards the hoop.
    LINSANITY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Can we at least give it some time? During the past 2 games we have seen flashes of brilliance here and there... We're going in the right direction. This may not be as easy as people want and hope but we will get there.

My main worry is that brown still hasn't figured out what his bench rotation will be and has yet to intersperse bench players with starters. Granted, Dwight has only played 1 game and Kobe has been injured but still... Over the course of the season, I doubt we ever see 5 bench players out there at once. Unless its a blowout.
    I understand it takes time. And I get that we've only seen the starters on the floor once. But my concern is not so much with the starters as is it with the bench as you said. I mean the bench should rely more on the system than the starters anyways right?
    LINSANITY

vCash

But my point about the bench is that they are currently playing all at the same time... That won't be happening in the regular season. Is our bench still pretty bad? Yes, it looks to be that way but there is definitely some talent there.

Hill and Antwan for starters. Meeks will be solid IMO and Ebanks has shown a few instances where he looks very good. Who knows about Blake but Dwight will cover for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalG333 View Post
    Ya that's what I'm seeing to. The only time anything looks good is when Nash penetrates and dishes...which doesn't look like the Princeton Offense.

Pau only looks good when he catches the ball on the wing and passes the ball inside into Sacre. But that just looks like the same play they did last season...not the Princeton Offense.

The ONE time they looked like they were running it was early in the game in one play when basically they looked like the Globe Trouders just running around and passing the ball to each other...nothing towards the hoop.
    Artest in the perimeter just ruins the flow of whatever offense this team runs. Ever since last year (or even before) I wanted him to be put in the 4, at least in the offensive side of the game. If this guy doesn't start making his outside shots then our offense won't look that much better (if at all) than last year.

Pau will most likely be camping on the high post again, with the Princeton, with Howard on the floor, so don't expect any offensive flair like he had during the phil jackson days.

And during the summer most of us were babbling about how Kobe needs to learn how to be a catch and shoot guy now that Nash came to town. Well guess what, it looks like Stevie needs to work on that too, probably even more than Kobe. I don't remember the last time the guy played in an offense were he doesn't have the rock 90% of the time.

vCash

Learning an offense takes time fellas - especially one like the Princeton or the Triangle.

Be patient, it's just a matter of getting comfortable with it, and each other.

We may not start the season 10 and 0, but what matters is where you are when you end it.
    Introducing Dodgers' Opponents' 2014 Lineups

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    Artest in the perimeter just ruins the flow of whatever offense this team runs. Ever since last year (or even before) I wanted him to be put in the 4, at least in the offensive side of the game. If this guy doesn't start making his outside shots then our offense won't look that much better (if at all) than last year.

Pau will most likely be camping on the high post again, with the Princeton, with Howard on the floor, so don't expect any offensive flair like he had during the phil jackson days.

And during the summer most of us were babbling about how Kobe needs to learn how to be a catch and shoot guy now that Nash came to town. Well guess what, it looks like Stevie needs to work on that too, probably even more than Kobe. I don't remember the last time the guy played in an offense were he doesn't have the rock 90% of the time.
    Ya Nash is open a lot on the perimeter for a catch and shoot.

Part of the issue with MWP holding the ball is that the other guys aren't moving around.
    LINSANITY

vCash
    I'm optimist too, I can't believe with as many players as smart and talented, we'll not get the job done at time.

vCash
    I agree that, for whatever reason, Artest has become somewhat of a black hole... At certain points he looks tremendous but then there are times where he has you shaking your head, wondering what the **** he's thinking.

His shot does look a lot smoother though, IDK what you're watching L4S. And he is definitely in great shape. I think he understands what he has to do.

vCash
    It's great tat metta is in shape, but I think it is giving him this false confidence that he's a 20 ppg guy again. He hasn't been gettin shots through the offense (which is his role, get kick outs, come off pics through princeton offense, etc.). He has been creating his own shots, which is why it looks like he is a black hole. I thought MWP would have the hardest time with the Princeton (since he never really figured out the triangle)...and it has proven correct. Metta needs to sit back and wait for open shots instead of trying to score on his own because he thinks he's the same player he was 8 years ago.

But in general the princeton offense is going to take time. Nash (arguably the smartest offensive basketball mind on the team, alongside Kobe) has said all preseason that he expects them to still be getting better and learning all the way through May. If the smartest guy is saying it will take until May, then it will take until May to really get everyone to run the Princeton without thinking. If you have to think where you are supposed to go and constantly thinking where you need to be then you arent going to run the offense well. It needs to be 2nd nature.

vCash
    The problem is we need better shooting from the perimiter because our bigs are scoring well. Teams are out shooting usand we had that problem last year. We are shooting the ball well as a team but if we are only shooting 70 times a game and other teams are shooting 85 times again then their is more oppurtunities for the other team to win the game. We lack good quility shooting from the perimiter and people who can attack the basket well.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast