Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mufridaz View Post
    with nash out chalk up 0-3 tonight. i just hope we're 0-5 and then mike brown can leave the city. if we wait till we are 5-15 we're lucky to get the 4th seed out west. okc, spurs are well oiled machine. and clippers are up there as well.

i know heat were 8-9 to start still got to finals their first year together but this is outragious we are loosing to non playoff teams lottery teams and we're gettting blown out. we would of lost by 30 pts without d12's heroic free throw performance. and we lost with pau,d12, and kobe playing 40 minutes on average. wow. just wow.
    It's tomorrow night, and I'm not convinced that Nash won't play. We've got a number of tough players on our team, but I don't put Nash second to any of them including Kobe. If he can play, he'll play.

vCash
    Thank you! Didn't the heat go through identity problems when they first came together? Didn't they turn it over a lot? Chemistry takes time. They turned the ball over just about as much as we do. I wouldn't mind the 7 secs or shaq offense nash ran on phx. Kobe nash dwight pau can all run floor. To run a slow offense all the time means we might as well Have bynum if we dont use dwights mobility, especially since bynum is better than dwight in a slow post offense with his skill set. Not happy, but i dont se major problems either. Patience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash

Now's Not the Time to Panic

Nash's post game quotes made it seem like he would play on Friday against lac

vCash

agree

Quote Originally Posted by Islandstyle View Post
    Last nights game Stu said it best if it weren't for all the damm turnovers they would have won by double digits...First game they couldn't knock down a free throw and last night points off turnovers..I know it sucks we want them to crush people, but right now to me it's fun to hear all the haters come out and give Lakers fans a hard time and then we can bash our coaching staff for installing the yale offense and Mike Brown not getting these guys to play any denfese,but in the end it's the players that are going to have to want to get it done and when they do Lakers fans are going to be very hard to deal with!!
    Hi all first post here , i agree with you on this , 2 games into the season with alot of new players as well as a new offense takes some time . I don't know if Mike Brown can handle or develop this team into a championship squad or not , if he can't he will be gone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mufridaz View Post
    we lost to dallas without dirk without kaman we lost to a non-playoff team or bubble 8th seed this year. yes panic.

we lost to portland a lottery team with 2 rookies on their team. batum just destoyed us on the boards dunked on us left and right and shot in our face all night.

if we can't beat lottery teams and non playoff teams at home with out their best players...how in the world are we going to beat championship contenders on the road with their full roster? answer is we're not. most of our games are at home to start seasons so if we screw it up early we won't win on the road later on unless something changes.

give nash the green light to do whatever the hell he wants out there. if he wants to play pick and roll with d12 every day play so be it. after all we have the best 2 pick and roll players on our team and not even using that to our strength. instead we're doing what teams with no talent do princeton offense. didn't jason kidd use this offense a long time ago and he still managed to have assists what are we doing wrong so that nash isn't getting any. i know pau is stealing 5 assists a night from nash due to his unselfishness. so maybe that's part of it. last 2 games nash had what like 2 pts and 7 pts and like 4 assists a game? that doesn't get it done. if that's all he's going to do for us we're better off with fisher and saving 10 mil to replace ebanks/jamison at SF.

if j.hill played so well according to brown why is he getting 8 min. if injured fine i understand. meeks 5min jamison 13.

ebanks was just trash last night complete garbage. and he didn't guard batum well or whoever was on batum didn't do jack crap. to portlands credit they played well. but we never will win a game with 20+ turnovers a game. and kobe and mwp had i think 16 of our 25-26 TOs
    Portland is a playoff team this year with Lilliard.

vCash

Wrong!!!!

We have lost like 13 games in a row. I don't care if it's playoffs, preseason or start of the season. That is just pathetic and a loser mentality.

I am so fricken tired of patience. We need a coach that demands and commands respect. Brown is a joke as a head coach. He is an assistent coach.

In saying that, we also need a dominant guard off the bench!! Someone step up and save our season. We lose all our leads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post

I like what Brown said

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ng-hack-howard

So, give it time. He could do simple, he knows it looks ugly, he's not blind but he's thinking long term, not wins now.

Trust me, I understand, Laker fan for life, i want to see wins now but we're all about the end result. If we go 42-40 and win it all, you wont remember the 42 wins, you will remember the ring.

So let 'em get it right so we can win it all.
    Nash "wanting" this offense is something I thought might be the case as well. Nash is older and has worked harder on offense than any player in the league (by far in my opinion) since he arrived in Phoenix. Last year and some the year before I have noticed more fatigue later in games, on back to back games, etc.

For Nash keeping him fresh is not just about his minutes. Its about how hard he works. He cannot just go hard to the basket off a pick and roll every play down anymore.

Anyway, we'll see with the offense if it will work. I noticed very little Nash sprinting through the key...which I like. That was stupid in preseason. So I think adjustments are being made. Less Howard catching the ball at the top of the key too. And getting the offense started beyond the 3 point line is not great.

I think you want "quality" Nash at this point. Quantity might not be possible. Nash is my favorite player and I have watched all his games. The casual fan is not aware of this. Nash was much better the first 1/2 of last season then he was the second half. He started shooting much less. Nash the first 1/2 of the season made the all-star team for a reason and was putting up impressive #'s. He either started to age or got tired the second half though.

So I'm looking to see what he does this year. He's having trouble bringing the ball up the court against the pesky defenders and his shot is off. He's still working into his game and conditioning so we'll see. My guess is he will score less this season. 10 pts maybe. Probably get much less assists too.

vCash
    What is the excuse for the Lakers players being lost defensively? They have had a full training camp to understand what they are trying to get accomplished defensively and yet they look lost every game. They were bad in the preseason and look bad so far. All of that points squarely to the coaching staff. Kurt Rambis was on tv and pointed out this very thing last night.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakersfan2483 View Post
    What is the excuse for the Lakers players being lost defensively? They have had a full training camp to understand what they are trying to get accomplished defensively and yet they look lost every game. They were bad in the preseason and look bad so far. All of that points squarely to the coaching staff. Kurt Rambis was on tv and pointed out this very thing last night.
    Maybe too much focus on offense in camp?

vCash
    I agree now is not the time to panic... but I have some free time today between 5 and 5:10, and I set my alarm so that I can panic then.

vCash
    If you know basketball and have actually paid attention to anything outside of the Lakers you'd be cool but bandwagon fans will freak out cuz their identity is crushed if the Lakers lose.

Me, I don't care. I know Brown's track record and he's been a slower starter.

His 1st 2 years in Clevelands 50-32, then 45-37, then two 60+ win seasons, he's a proben winner.

I'm not worried until the players start freakin' out.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluvious View Post
    Maybe too much focus on offense in camp?
    Agreed
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    I believe the Lakers won a game in Summer League so they're not entirely winless. LOL!

Seriously though, the TO's (lazy passes and rushed passes that tell me that they're not sure or comfortable with each other yet) and the weak bench play. One person I'm really worried about is Jamison, he's supposed to be our scoring punch and leader off the bench and he's the one playing like a confused rookie. He needs to snap out of it if we're going to have any success.

I'm a bit worried but not panicking. If we're still winless after the Detroit game on Sunday at home, then it's seriously time to worry.

vCash
    NO!!!!! WE'RE 0-2!!!! THE SEASON IS OVER!!!!!

Just kidding..

vCash
    80 games left to make the playoffs.. I think the lakers will be more then ok.. I knew they would start out slow, the real question should be how long will it take them to get things together?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast