Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Now's Not the Time to Panic

It's game 2 of the season, consider this.

The only players back from last season are:
    Kobe, Pau, Metta, Hill, Blake and Morris.

The new players:
    Dwight, Nash, Clark, Duhon, Jamison, DJO, Meeks and Scare

That means more than half our team hasn't played with the others, 2 of them are in the starting line up and 3 (jamison, meeks, sacre) will see a lot of time off the bench.

So, it will take time for them to gel, to learn each other, to understand "oh, i dont need to jump that route, he's got my back" or "lead him to me, i got u" or "if I do this move, he'll cut and i got that"

right now they're just doing stuff and playing "oh he's open" the only ones who really understand each other are Kobe and Pau and Dwight somewhat since Kobe has played with him in the Olympics.

I like what Brown said

"The first thing is, with our offense, every time down the floor -- and if they want to, they can call up Steve Nash and ask him -- Steve Nash has the right to play pick-and-roll if he wants to," Brown said. "(Nash) doesn't feel like he's as burdened because he doesn't have to make every play for everybody all the time with what we're trying to do. He can give it up and still have a chance to get it back. So, he said that he feels as fresh as he ever felt in his career because he doesn't feel the pressure of making every single play."
    Brown said that he and Nash are in agreement the team will be better off in the long run mastering the new offense, even if it's ugly at first, than just reverting to Nash taking control and initiating everything.
    "We could do it now," Brown said. "We could spread the floor and play pick-and-roll all the time. We can have different types of play calls that are pick-and-roll and Steve said we'll score. And he said, but, A) It will wear him out and B) It will make him one dimensional so when we play the good teams, they'll figure out that one thing we're good at and they'll take that away. Then when we're in seven-game playoff series, for sure the later you get in the playoffs, they'll be able to take us out of our offense because we'll be so one dimensional. What we're trying to do is we're trying to eliminate that and try to be hard to guard because it's a read-based offense."
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ng-hack-howard

So, give it time. He could do simple, he knows it looks ugly, he's not blind but he's thinking long term, not wins now.

Trust me, I understand, Laker fan for life, i want to see wins now but we're all about the end result. If we go 42-40 and win it all, you wont remember the 42 wins, you will remember the ring.

So let 'em get it right so we can win it all.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Panic!!!!

vCash
    Last nights game Stu said it best if it weren't for all the damm turnovers they would have won by double digits...First game they couldn't knock down a free throw and last night points off turnovers..I know it sucks we want them to crush people, but right now to me it's fun to hear all the haters come out and give Lakers fans a hard time and then we can bash our coaching staff for installing the yale offense and Mike Brown not getting these guys to play any denfese,but in the end it's the players that are going to have to want to get it done and when they do Lakers fans are going to be very hard to deal with!!

vCash
    Wrong...!

Pat Riley used to take the Lakers to Hawaii for his bootcamp essentially...and he worked them hard. He made it clear that it was time to get familiar with one another, get in shape, get the offensive and defensive systems down. By the time the season started, they were playing full-on Showtime basketball. That is what makes a basketball dynasty.

With Mike Brown, you get the sense that he doesn't command any respect from the players. He's not going to get in anyone's face like PJ or Pat did...as he simply doesn't have the temperament needed to fill their shoes. It is a hard task I know...but that is the expectations and what is required if you are coach of the Lakers.

I don't want the Lakers to play the season as simply a tune up for the playoffs....with some 4th seed reward. The season is there to dominate, get the best record, and ride home-court to the finals. So when I hear Brown talking about the time it will take for the team to get in sync through the season...it makes me want to vomit and reveals just how in over his head he is. He is still coaching like he is still in Cleveland and that he is just glad just to have this life experience. I am not sure if he is a Jesus freak or not, but he just doesn't have what it takes to be a killer. You have to have an endless sense of urgency and taste for blood to win championships in the NBA.

vCash
    Exactly, I don't know why people are so worried. Just last night was a huge improvement over the first game. It will take some time, but this team will likely still be able to win 50 plus. Once we cut back our turnovers, games like the last 2, will become the lakers blowing out their opponents.

vCash
    I'm not panicked. The things that should be getting better seem to be getting better, with one critical an inexcusable exception: defense.

There's no excuse for the scores (both total and individual baskets) that they're giving up, and that's on Brown. The two teams we've played with our complete roster intact have pretty much done whatever they've wanted to do.

I don't think the Lakers will beat the Clips, particularly if Nash doesn't play, but they better slow them down.

vCash
    This isn't anything new, this happened last season as well and everyone was in a panic.

The Lakers will be fine.

vCash
    I didn't think the pre-season meant much...but good grief...the Lakers are 0-10 essentially and they still are playing like it is the preseason.

It is the coach's job to have the team ready for the beginning of the season...regardless of personnel or injuries. The Lakers are not even close to playing as a cohesive unit...they look slow, clumsy, and clueless. It is the coach's job to prevent that...and the job shouldn't be that hard when you have so much talent at hand.

I truly believe that it is a coaching issue. I cannot see this team, with this roster, being 0-10 to start November and playing like this. If the Lakers are still stumbling, Buss will have to make the change soon...and I expect they will.

vCash
    on another positive note, at least the low is now instead of later...like in May/June.
    LINSANITY

vCash
    bullcrap. dam right its time to panic. 0-8 preseason 0-2 to start season. not to mention the losses at end of last year.

nash needs the ball needs to play more pick and roll. need to feed bigs inside then kick out to shooters. need to not give up 25 turnovers a game. need to not give up 116 points.

just think how much we would of lost by if d12 didn't have a miracle at the free throw line. we were down by 6 in the third and end up getting outscored 13 to 0 to end the quarter b/c mike brown puts duhon and meeks into the game. meeks needs to play with at least 2 starts so that he can get open looks.

M. World Peace F 32:32 4-5 2-3 0-0 +10 0 3 3 2 6 1 6 1 0 10
    P. Gasol F-C 39:51 7-14 0-0 2-2 +6 3 6 9 2 3 1 2 0 1 16
    D. Howard C 41:21 9-15 0-0 15-19 -2 6 8 14 5 5 1 3 1 2 33
    K. Bryant G 38:29 10-20 4-9 6-7 +9 2 4 6 3 5 0 7 0 2 30
    S. Nash G 16:02 1-3 0-1 0-0 0 0 4 4 4 1 1 2 0 0 2
    D. Ebanks 12:22 1-3 0-1 0-0 -5 1 0 1 1 3 0 2 0 0 2
    J. Hill 08:21 0-4 0-0 1-2 -20 2 2 4 0 3 0 2 0 0 1
    S. Blake 27:45 3-4 1-1 0-0 +3 1 2 3 3 0 2 0 0 0 7
    A. Jamison 13:14 0-2 0-2 2-2 -21 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
    C. Duhon 04:13 0-0 0-0 0-0 -13 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0
    J. Meeks 05:01 1-2 1-1 0-0 -13 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 3
    R. Sacre 00:49

ebanks was God aweful. Meeks needs more than 5 minutes. why is kobe playing 38 f-ucking minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kobe needs to play 33-35 minutes max period. gasol played almost 40 minutes! he needs to only play 35 min. D12 played 41 minutes!

j.hill only played 8 min and jamison only played 13 and meeks only played 5.

we are killing our starters. so wasn't our bench that was bad really our starters were bad. D12, pau, and kobe almost playing 40 minutes wow. and mwp out there 32 min. and kobe was hobbled to start the day.

mike brown only cares about kobe saving his job so he runs him into the ground again.

give our starters some rest dam idiot mike brown. he puts pau out there with 4 bench players. keep one guard and one big man in that 2nd unit and rotate players in. our starters barely keep up and when our bench comes in they just get blown out.

what happened to jamison being 6th man? 13 minutes are you serious?

gasol d12 and kobe with 40 min on avg i mean and we still loose lol. nash with all time low number in assists last 2 nights. bells are ringing in the church. wake the hell up. there is panic. and mike brown is the key to what's wrong.

let blake run princeton. if nash is in the game run pick and roll. keep the ball in nash's hands let him create let him run the offense. pound the ball inside kick out repost kick out to shooters and pass to cutters for dunks layups. run the floor pass to D12 to start the play by the rim. no big can run with d12 should be 4 assists a game nash to d12 for dunks. nash with kobe/d12/or pau pick and roll.

the only player this princeton crap is helping is pau and i don't know about you but i don't want our 3rd or 4th best player being the first option.

vCash
    we lost to dallas without dirk without kaman we lost to a non-playoff team or bubble 8th seed this year. yes panic.

we lost to portland a lottery team with 2 rookies on their team. batum just destoyed us on the boards dunked on us left and right and shot in our face all night.

if we can't beat lottery teams and non playoff teams at home with out their best players...how in the world are we going to beat championship contenders on the road with their full roster? answer is we're not. most of our games are at home to start seasons so if we screw it up early we won't win on the road later on unless something changes.

give nash the green light to do whatever the hell he wants out there. if he wants to play pick and roll with d12 every day play so be it. after all we have the best 2 pick and roll players on our team and not even using that to our strength. instead we're doing what teams with no talent do princeton offense. didn't jason kidd use this offense a long time ago and he still managed to have assists what are we doing wrong so that nash isn't getting any. i know pau is stealing 5 assists a night from nash due to his unselfishness. so maybe that's part of it. last 2 games nash had what like 2 pts and 7 pts and like 4 assists a game? that doesn't get it done. if that's all he's going to do for us we're better off with fisher and saving 10 mil to replace ebanks/jamison at SF.

if j.hill played so well according to brown why is he getting 8 min. if injured fine i understand. meeks 5min jamison 13.

ebanks was just trash last night complete garbage. and he didn't guard batum well or whoever was on batum didn't do jack crap. to portlands credit they played well. but we never will win a game with 20+ turnovers a game. and kobe and mwp had i think 16 of our 25-26 TOs

vCash
    Agreed. We'll be fine. It's just pretty hard to remain calm when watching the game or immediately after embarrassing losses like these two to start off the season. We need to cut down the damn TO's for sure.

WHY does Ebanks get so many minutes???? I don't see what people/Brown sees in him - he's not particularly good at anything, and the SF spot is an important spot when it comes to playing defense. Brown needs to mix up the rotations so that Ebanks gets less minutes and MWP or AJamison get more min...

vCash
    with nash out chalk up 0-3 tonight. i just hope we're 0-5 and then mike brown can leave the city. if we wait till we are 5-15 we're lucky to get the 4th seed out west. okc, spurs are well oiled machine. and clippers are up there as well.

i know heat were 8-9 to start still got to finals their first year together but this is outragious we are loosing to non playoff teams lottery teams and we're gettting blown out. we would of lost by 30 pts without d12's heroic free throw performance. and we lost with pau,d12, and kobe playing 40 minutes on average. wow. just wow.

vCash
    it is time to panic lets fire his arse now B4 its to late this is a pattern the lakers haven't won a game since the oklahoma playoff series last season. The date was April 22, since they have had any kind of win. They lost the last 2 playoff games against OKC, lost 8 straight preseason games and now 2 regular season games. You see the patten. Mike Brown has got to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fye247 View Post
    Agreed. We'll be fine. It's just pretty hard to remain calm when watching the game or immediately after embarrassing losses like these two to start off the season. We need to cut down the damn TO's for sure.

WHY does Ebanks get so many minutes???? I don't see what people/Brown sees in him - he's not particularly good at anything, and the SF spot is an important spot when it comes to playing defense. Brown needs to mix up the rotations so that Ebanks gets less minutes and MWP or AJamison get more min...
    One of the more interesting dynamics in all this is what Brown has said to the front office. We know from public comments by Brown himself that he's pretty high on Ebanks and believes Ebanks has grown a lot from last year.

http://www.latimes.com/videogallery/...n-Devin-Ebanks

Then, last night, he puts Ebanks in ahead of Meeks, and Ebanks commits three personal fouls in eight seconds.

Ebanks Foul: Personal (1 PF) 09:33
    Ebanks Foul: Personal (2 PF) 09:31
    Ebanks Foul: Personal (3 PF) 09:25

Eight seconds!!!

If Brown lobbied hard internally to keep Ebanks and give him major minutes behind Kobe then that's going to factor in how the front office views Brown's future. You have to give a coach the opportunity to coach, but right now that's not producing positive results on defense or the kinds of gains that the coach seems to have promised to the fans. If he's falling down on his promises to the front office that could quicken his exit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast