Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j11430 View Post
    Every once in a while there are college teams that may be able to hang a little bit with an absolutely god-awful NFL team. But they'd still probably lose in the end.
    Of course.

Granted, if we were to take the NFL players of that team in their prime along with the college guys, I think they could handle their weaknesses. Think about it, a prime Andre, Reed, Shockey, Portis, Mckinnie, Vilma, DJ Williams...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Bama would get slaughtered. People say Blaine Gabbert is bad, but he's ten times the QB that AJ McCarron is. The difference between Gabbert and Joe Montana is probably smaller than the difference between Gabbert and McCarron.
    I'm sorry but now we've gone too far. Gabbert played college football before the NFL. NFL players aren't spontaneously born onto their teams.

McCarron will get drafted. He outplayed Gabbert in College. By this logic, RGIII and Luck shouldn't be doing good at all because every NFL player is so much more talented than any College player, nevermind the fact that they all, at one point, played in college.
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    Of course.

Granted, if we were to take the NFL players of that team in their prime along with the college guys, I think they could handle their weaknesses. Think about it, a prime Andre, Reed, Shockey, Portis, Mckinnie, Vilma, DJ Williams...
    I think we're trying to say the same thing haha very rarely could a college team even compete. And even when they could, the odds are still stacked against them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I'm sorry but now we've gone too far. Gabbert played college football before the NFL. NFL players aren't spontaneously born onto their teams.

McCarron will get drafted. He outplayed Gabbert in College. By this logic, RGIII and Luck shouldn't be doing good at all because every NFL player is so much more talented than any College player, nevermind the fact that they all, at one point, played in college.
    If you're talking about RIGHT NOW though, Gabbert is worlds better than Mccaron. He's faced NFL defenses for almost two years, he could shred a college defense at this point

vCash
    The chiefs are probably the worst team right now and they have players like
    Eric Berry
    Brandon Flowers
    Tamba Hali
    Derrick Johnson
    Justin Houston
    Bowe
    Charles
    Albert
    Winston

Who would all probably go in the first round if they were drafted over

vCash
    It wouldn't even be a contest. It's a popular joke that the best college team could beat the worst NFL team, but several of the starters for Bama won't even make the NFL. Even the worst players on the Jags would be starters for any college team.

EDIT: I do, however, believe the 2008 Florida Gators may have stood a chance against the '08 Lions. That team was LOADED with NFL talent. They still probably would have lost, but it'd be close. (Obviously this is hypothetical)
    lol you're clueless...write up a depth chart of that Florida team with it's NFL players...

University of Florida is the 4th best NFL talent producer in the state
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

vCash
    The only college team that should even be discussed that could have beat an NFL team is the 2001 Miami Hurricanes, because not only did they have 40 or so NFL players, their players produced immediately and many became elite NFL players.

Even then I don't think the 2001 Hurricanes would have beaten an NFL team but they would hang around
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theheatles View Post
    lol you're clueless...write up a depth chart of that Florida team with it's NFL players...

University of Florida is the 4th best NFL talent producer in the state
    You're clueless if you don't realize how many starters on that team ended up starting in the NFL. Tebow, Harvin, Major Wright, both Pouncey brothers, Dunlap, Brandon Spikes, Jermaine Cunningham, Joe Haden, and all that's just off the top of my head.

I'm not saying they'd win by any means, but against the 2008 Lions it would actually be a game. I don't care about their place all time or how many NFL players the university has produced. But that year they actually could have competed with an NFL squad.

EDIT: Just looked up some others: Louis Murphy, Will Hill, Riley Cooper, David Nelson, Aaron Hernandez, Cam Newton (probably wouldn't have played, but it's worth mentioning), Janoris Jenkins
    Last edited by j11430; 11-01-2012 at 01:39 PM.

vCash
    The jaguars have 53 NFL caliber players on the roster, at best alabama probally has 10. the worst NFL team is still worlds better than the best college team. Alabama would lose and the game wouldn't even be close.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    It wouldn't even be a contest. It's a popular joke that the best college team could beat the worst NFL team, but several of the starters for Bama won't even make the NFL. Even the worst players on the Jags would be starters for any college team.

EDIT: I do, however, believe the 2008 Florida Gators may have stood a chance against the '08 Lions. That team was LOADED with NFL talent. They still probably would have lost, but it'd be close. (Obviously this is hypothetical)
    no chance what so ever. even the nfl talent loaded florida team was probally half the starters tops. plus with how people grow and develop, this is literally a case of boys vs men at some points

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jneises21 View Post
    The chiefs are probably the worst team right now and they have players like
    Eric Berry
    Brandon Flowers
    Tamba Hali
    Derrick Johnson
    Justin Houston
    Bowe
    Charles
    Albert
    Winston

Who would all probably go in the first round if they were drafted over
    KC is probably the biggest enigma of a team I've seen in some time. They are a very talented team that can't get the right combination to succeed for some reason. I'm not sure if they are a fair example in this situation.

For me, Jacksonville is the perfect example here: a team with lackluster team that IS bad.

vCash
    2001 Hurricanes have to get SOME discussion in this...
    no team should get any discussion. its an absurd premise. no college team would beat a pro-team. no chance.

vCash
    Of course.

except we can't, its when they were in school

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    no chance what so ever. even the nfl talent loaded florida team was probally half the starters tops. plus with how people grow and develop, this is literally a case of boys vs men at some points
    I'm agreeing with you, I'm not saying they'd win. But that year the Lions were so bad it wouldn't have just been one team pounding the **** out of the other for 60 minutes. It'd still be pretty lopsided win for the Lions, but Florida could have put up some sort of fight

vCash
    You're clueless if you don't realize how many starters on that team ended up starting in the NFL. Tebow, Harvin, Major Wright, both Pouncey brothers, Dunlap, Brandon Spikes, Jermaine Cunningham, Joe Haden, and all that's just off the top of my head.

I'm not saying they'd win by any means, but against the 2008 Lions it would actually be a game. I don't care about their place all time or how many NFL players the university has produced. But that year they actually could have competed with an NFL squad.

EDIT: Just looked up some others: Louis Murphy, Will Hill, Riley Cooper, David Nelson, Aaron Hernandez, Cam Newton (probably wouldn't have played, but it's worth mentioning), Janoris Jenkins
    ok, and that ius still less than half a roster. the worst NFL teams have a full roster of NFL talent. and it's not like all those guys are superstars in the NFL, some a barely holding onto jobs or are role players. plus tebow shouldn't count, he blows. cam newton certianly does not count either.

and the 2008 lions are not as bad as that reocr sdindicates. they were competivie in a lot of those games, which means they'd still annihilate a college team.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast