Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 481
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    5,124
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    http://proplayerinsiders.com/whos-nu...nfl-players-2/

    Boom found it.

    Ohio State (go bucks) is number one in number of nfl players produced.
    again, avoiding the argument presented...
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,796
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I went through and examined how the 2001 Miami Hurricane players did in their first seasons in the NFL:

    Bryant McKinnie went to the Pro-Bowl
    Jeremy Shockey went to the Pro-Bowl
    Ed Reed went to the Pro-Bowl
    Clinton Portis went to the Pro-Bowl
    Andre Johnson went to the Pro-Bowl
    Willis McGahee went to the Pro-Bowl
    Sean Taylor went to the Pro-Bowl
    Kellen Winslow went to the Pro-Bowl
    Jonathon Vilma went to the Pro-Bowl
    Vince Wilfork went to the Pro-Bowl

    That's 10 Pro-Bowlers, not like eventually became Pro-Bowl players, that's were Pro-Bowl players their 1st year in the league. I know you're going to come back with the talent around them and all that, my point is simply, they were good enough to compete and even excel with the big boys from day 1. So add to that:

    D.J Williams
    Vernon Carey
    Jerome McDougle
    William Joseph
    Andre Williams
    Jamaal Green
    Matt Walters
    Ken Dorsey
    Phillip Buchanon
    Mike Rumph
    Martin Biblia
    Najeh Davenport
    James Lewis
    Daryl Jones
    Joaquin Gonzalez

    That's an absolutely loaded roster. I think that team could've pulled off an upset vs the worst NFL team of the 2000s...

    Months of training with NFL players and being coached for it. Pre-season games. First games of the season to get acclimated before they excelled.
    There are no men like me, only me.


  3. #153
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,796
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theheatles View Post
    again, avoiding the argument presented...
    What? I don't even understand why you'd want to have that argument and I'm not going to waste my time researching it. You want to stroke yourself about your school that is fine but I was merely saying that you made a claim that was blatantly wrong and hurts some of your credibility considering it could have been researched in a matter of seconds.
    There are no men like me, only me.


  4. #154
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ja-Blam
    Posts
    7,083
    vCash
    1500
    Breakdown of that team:

    NFL Caliber QB
    4 NFL Caliber HBs, 2 were 1st year Pro-Bowlers
    2 NFL Caliber WRs, 1 was a 1st year Pro-Bowler
    2 NFL Caliber TEs, both were 1st year Pro-Bowlers
    3 NFL Caliber OL

    2 NFL Caliber DL, 1 was a 1st year Pro-Bowler
    2 NFL Caliber LBs, 1 was a 1st year Pro-Bowler
    6 NFL Caliber DBs, 2 were 1st year Pro-Bowlers

    That is near a complete NFL Caliber starting Lineup. Now, depth might be a problem, as well as the Lines, but I don't think it's unreasonable to look at that roster and think they might be able to beat some of the worst teams in recent memory...
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    5,124
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    What? Did you read the things that I wrote at all or did you just hit quote and bait me?

    I said that it is a debate for who has produced the best and that is your opinion.

    The other is something that can be fact checked and you were proven very much wrong.
    pro bowls, all pros and amount of games started could determine the quality of player...and again you avoided the argument I presented, I said best and most nfl players in the league, not amount drafted.

    Ohio st produces a lot of draft picks but so so so many are busts

    you started debating something else because you know you're wrong
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ja-Blam
    Posts
    7,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    Months of training with NFL players and being coached for it. Pre-season games. First games of the season to get acclimated before they excelled.
    I understnad what you're saying, but are you suggesting that those 10 Pro-Bowl players would've been dominated by average to below average NFL players without that one summer of training?

    I think they still would've played at a very high level...
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,796
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theheatles View Post
    pro bowls, all pros and amount of games started could determine the quality of player...and again you avoided the argument I presented, I said best and most nfl players in the league, not amount drafted.

    Ohio st produces a lot of draft picks but so so so many are busts

    you started debating something else because you know you're wrong
    I mistook most for most, my bad.

    Pro-bowls are fan voted, and amount of games changes incredibly based on position.
    There are no men like me, only me.


  8. #158
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    5,124
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    What? I don't even understand why you'd want to have that argument and I'm not going to waste my time researching it. You want to stroke yourself about your school that is fine but I was merely saying that you made a claim that was blatantly wrong and hurts some of your credibility considering it could have been researched in a matter of seconds.
    I never said from 1992-2011, I said last decade, your reading comprehension needs improvement.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,796
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I understnad what you're saying, but are you suggesting that those 10 Pro-Bowl players would've been dominated by average to below average NFL players without that one summer of training?

    I think they still would've played at a very high level...
    No, but I think the disparity is much smaller than the huge difference between the other 43 and NFL players.
    There are no men like me, only me.


  10. #160
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,796
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by theheatles View Post
    I never said from 1992-2011, I said last decade, your reading comprehension needs improvement.
    It was the most comprehensible thing to be easily found. Go find something better instead of whining.
    There are no men like me, only me.


  11. #161
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    5,124
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    I mistook most for most, my bad.

    Pro-bowls are fan voted, and amount of games changes incredibly based on position.
    like Ohio st players losing their jobs because they suck?
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    5,124
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    It was the most comprehensible thing to be easily found. Go find something better instead of whining.
    You were wrong, it's ok, no harm done
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    - Arthur Schopenauer

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ja-Blam
    Posts
    7,083
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    No, but I think the disparity is much smaller than the huge difference between the other 43 and NFL players.
    fair enough. I still maintain that team could upset some of the worst teams of the past decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Riverton,il
    Posts
    15,588
    vCash
    1500
    What about the college all stars vs the worst team? They used to have college all stars vs the championship team, the all stars won 9 times, including beating a packers team cowched by lombardi. The nfl championship team won 31 times and tied twice. The last game was in 74, with pittsburg winning 24-0.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,253
    vCash
    1500
    ugh. Every year this question gets brought up. No f'n way. Alabama would get torched by any NFL team.

    Question Gabbert all you want, but after playing in the NFL he'd have no problem reading the 3 or 4 coverages that Bama throws out there.

    The strength of an NFL d-line would wreck a college olines protection.

    It's just so different. You can't just look at how good a team is in another league and say "well they can compete". How many of those guys will actually be NFL starters? And how long would it take them to get up to speed in the NFL for schemes, coverages, the speed of the NFL, etc.

    This is once again just a silly pointless question. Jacksonville's 2nd teamers would beat Alabama by double digits.

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •