Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    perhaps, perhaps not.

Florida has looked impressive and unimpressive by turns. Alabama was just exposed by the spread offense, LSU is so anemic who knows. Georgia absolutely wet the bed against South Carolina.

I guess my biggest question is, outside of Alabama beating Michigan, what Marquee Non-conference wins does the SEC have?
    People love to pretend that the SEC snacks on cupcakes while their own teams play respectable opponents. Completely ridiculous. What marquee win does Oregon have? IN OR OUT of conference. No one. Out of conference this year, Oregon played Arkansas State, Fresno State, and Tennessee Tech. Because those are all clear superpowers. Oregon has played one good team so far this year. Stanford. And they lost. At least Kansas State has a win over Oklahoma. But what about nonconference wins? Miami isn't elite. They're maybe slightly above average. I don't think that I could say that's a better win than LSU's domination of a surging Washington. What Marquee nonconference wins do the Pac-12, Big 12 or Big 10 have that overshadow the SEC?
    Last edited by neovenator250; 11-20-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockets-fan View Post
    I think we've had a similar thread before here, not sure, but I was watching first take and they were discussing if Alabama could beat the Jaguars. Skip think they would be able to "hang" with them, while the others say no contests Jaguars blows them out.

What are y'all's opinions on this topic? Who wins and what's the score?

I personally think the 2nd stringers for Jacksonville will blow out Alabama, the started will destroy them IMO. Thoughts?
    There you have it. The answer is no. The Jaguars would beat them.

vCash
    How can that be possible? We've seen 2 loss #1's before.

ND has not lost, and they have beaten "elite" teams in 3 different Power Conferences (Michigan, Oklahoma, Stanford)...
    And they looked awful.

They couldn't do jackshit against Michigan(Who I need to remind you got embarassed by Alabama), and they only beat them because Denard Robinson gift wrapped them the game with his inability to pass a ball.

I mean seriously, how do you get 6 turnovers and only manage one measly touchdown?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Who have they beat? The ACC is a joke. If Florida State doesn't drop a game to an awful N.C. State team, they're the deserving #1 right now, even though their schedule is basically a cupcake train

There's a bias because the SEC is superior. There is no better conference top to bottom, especially at the top. The SEC has proven that for 6 straight years and it will do so again this season.
    aside from other SEC teams, who has the SEC beat thats any good? so their wins dont really prove thats theres not a bias towards the SEC. the fact is losing 2 games in a hard scheudle is not as impressive as only losign one. there is no reaosn right now the SEC should have 5 top ten teams, with 2 non-SEC schools with better records.

The SEC has pretty muich beaten up on itself this year, which doesn tprove the conferenc eis good it proves its evenly matched. lets take a clsoer closer look shall we:

Alabama: lsot to Texas am and and looked veyr beatable against LSU
    LSU: struggled with towson earlier this eyar, a team that got paid 800 grand to go and get the **** beat out them, still put up a fight
    Georgia: your dominate number 3 team struggled to beta florida when they turned the ball over 5 times and got spanekd by south carolina
    Florida: probally going to lose to FSU this weekend, which is all i need form them

far from dominant. sure they are probally the best conferecne, but they shgould not be getting the benifit of the doubt with a worse record just becuase its the SEC.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    And they looked awful.

They couldn't do jackshit against Michigan(Who I need to remind you got embarassed by Alabama), and they only beat them because Denard Robinson gift wrapped them the game with his inability to pass a ball.

I mean seriously, how do you get 6 turnovers and only manage one measly touchdown?
    michigna is a rivalry game for ND, so that doesn't say as much as you ar emaking it out to be. And most of robinsons turnvoers were forced in that game, so thats not it beign gift wrapped to them.

i guess you are taking alabama title spot away to right, since they lost to A&M. facts are simple, ND has key wins and hasn't lost a game. Anyone saying, they aren't that good is a moron

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash

Alabama vs. The NFL's worst

Norte Dame....

Gods team

our future

vCash

Wink

People love to pretend that the SEC snacks on cupcakes while their own teams play respectable opponents. Completely ridiculous. What marquee win does Oregon have? IN OR OUT of conference. No one. Out of conference this year, Oregon played Arkansas State, Fresno State, and Tennessee Tech. Because those are all clear superpowers. Oregon has played one good team so far this year. Stanford. And they lost. At least Kansas State has a win over Oklahoma. But what about nonconference wins? Miami isn't elite. They're maybe slightly above average. I don't think that I could say that's a better win than LSU's domination of a surging Washington. What Marquee nonconference wins do the Pac-12, Big 12 or Big 10 have that overshadow the SEC?
    Who ever said anything about Oregon? But since you brought them up you should know the only reason that Oregon scheduled Tennessee Tech was because Kansas State backed out of a scheduled game at the last minute.

As for the SEC, please don't even try to defend them. Keep in mind, the SEC plays 4 Non-conf. games vs 3 for the Pac12, so theoretically they have more opportunities to schedule good teams. Here's what we got this year from the "top tier SEC" teams (Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Texas A&M, LSU, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Auburn [last 2 only included because everybody thought they'd be good]):

Auburn vs Clemson
    Alabama vs Michigan
    LSU vs Washington
    Arkansas vs Rutgers
    South Carolina vs Clemson
    Georgia vs Georgia Tech
    Florida vs Florida State

And those last 3 are annual rivalry games, so out of 33 opportunities to schedule quality competition the Top 8 SEC teams faced a whopping 4. That's 7 games against BCS level competition, and 5 of those games were against the Big East and ACC, the 2 weakest of the conferences.

That is ridiculously pathetic. Those same teams did manage to schedule a combined 11 FCS schools though, so there is that. The most powerful conference in college football faced more FCS teams than BCS teams amongst it's strongest members.

Now, I think they're the best conference in the NCAA, however, why are 2 loss SEC teams getting the benefit of the doubt when they've literally played nobody outside the SEC?

Texas A&M struggled against Louisiana Tech
    Florida struggled against Bowling Green
    Georgia struggled against Wofford
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    2001 hurricanes or the three peat USC Trojans (with Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush) vs the 0-16 Lions?

I think that would be a good game. XD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNA17 View Post
    2001 hurricanes or the three peat USC Trojans (with Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush) vs the 0-16 Lions?

I think that would be a good game. XD
    people just seem to look at the record for the 0-16 lions. they were actually pretty competive and played a lot fo close games they just lost. if they can keep if close with other NFL teams, they would murder any college team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    people just seem to look at the record for the 0-16 lions. they were actually pretty competive and played a lot fo close games they just lost. if they can keep if close with other NFL teams, they would murder any college team
    I think the 2005 Niners, that went 2-14 were actually worse talent-wise than the 0-16 Lions. They got blown out pretty much every game and their only 2 wins were against the equally hapless Cardinals, both in OT.

They were absolutely terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    I think the 2005 Niners, that went 2-14 were actually worse talent-wise than the 0-16 Lions. They got blown out pretty much every game and their only 2 wins were against the equally hapless Cardinals, both in OT.

They were absolutely terrible.
    i agree. the 0-16 detriot lions were not nearly as bad as people make them out to be

they would still crush a college team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    My Gators lost too. I'm not bitter. Their O sucked.

Like you, I HATE NOTRE DAME
    That game..... I was so mad. If they had any receivers to speak of they'd be #1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    michigna is a rivalry game for ND, so that doesn't say as much as you ar emaking it out to be. And most of robinsons turnvoers were forced in that game, so thats not it beign gift wrapped to them.
    Bull ****ing **** those turnovers were forced, did you even watch that goddamn game?

Robinson was making bad throw after bad throw, it had nothing to do with their defense, that's just how bad that kid is as a QB, look at his statline this year.

Outside of Notre Dame, the only good team he played was Alabama, his stats should be off the chart with the number of weak teams he's played.

i guess you are taking alabama title spot away to right, since they lost to A&M. facts are simple, ND has key wins and hasn't lost a game. Anyone saying, they aren't that good is a moron
    Notre Dame has not impressed AT ALL this year, I don't care if they're undefeated, they have not impressed at all. At best they look like an 8-12 ranked team in a normal year.

I look forward to Alabama crushing them in the championship.

Or with any luck USC will make sure that doesn't even happen, one can only hope. I'd really rather not see such a pathetic championship game.
    Last edited by basch152; 11-22-2012 at 02:35 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    Bull ****ing **** those turnovers were forced, did you even watch that goddamn game?

Robinson was making bad throw after bad throw, it had nothing to do with their defense, that's just how bad that kid is as a QB, look at his statline this year.

Outside of Notre Dame, the only good team he played was Alabama, his stats should be off the chart with the number of weak teams he's played.

Notre Dame has not impressed AT ALL this year, I don't care if they're undefeated, they have not impressed at all. At best they look like an 8-12 ranked team in a normal year.

I look forward to Alabama crushing them in the championship.

Or with any luck USC will make sure that doesn't even happen, one can only hope. I'd really rather not see such a pathetic championship game.
    yes. for example, i vividly remember one where teo came up the middle and robison threw it to a a DB. well presure on the qb is a forced turnover, not a gift. one turnvoer was a gift, the rest was caused by defensive pressure

vCash
    if the SEC is so dominat, how has texas A&M moved form the big 12 to the SEC and be ranke din the top 10, not lose a single road SEC game and beat the undisputed number 1 in the SEC and country in alabama?

the SEC us great, but the gap between the other conferences is not nearly as big as people make it out to be

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast