Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will the Patriots break the record for most points scored in a season?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 22.22%
  • No

14 77.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Will the Patriots break the record for most points scored in a season?

In 07, the Pats set the record with 589 points scored. At the Pats current pace this year, they are on pace to score 592 points.

It'll be difficult with games against Houston and SF still to come and no Gronk for a couple games (though that didn't stop them yesterday) but they also have a game vs. Jax.

Personally, I doubt they do it but as of right now, with just 5 games left, they are on pace to break the record and over the last 4 games, have averaged 47.5 ppg. In fact, over the last 4 games, they've outscored 8 teams on the season.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    It's funny how both Packers and Patriots are playing phenomenal ball offensively right now, but aren't getting enough notice due to their slow starts.

You kinda answered the question, for me anyway. It'll be tough for them to maintain that average going up against SF. I think they can potentially do it against Houston as they seem SO hit or miss at that side of the ball lately...

vCash
    one game at a time young padawan...that's the patriots way. Records doesn't equate to wins. Winning is all they care about.

PSD's Shane Vereen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    It's funny how both Packers and Patriots are playing phenomenal ball offensively right now, but aren't getting enough notice due to their slow starts.

You kinda answered the question, for me anyway. It'll be tough for them to maintain that average going up against SF. I think they can potentially do it against Houston as they seem SO hit or miss at that side of the ball lately...
    Yup, completely agreed with the first part of your post. Part of the reason I made the thread because I think the Pats offensive prowess has kinda gone unnoticed considering the record-breaking pace they're on.

Yeah, I think they can do it vs. Houston. Maybe not score 37 points like their season average but possibly get to 30+ points so they can make it up in another game.

But if they can put up 50 against Jax, they could afford to have a lower scoring game against SF. I realize thats very tough to do but Jax does have one of the worst defenses in the league.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    If the defense is forcing turnovers(or just fortunate to play their next 5 games against offenses that played like the Jets last night) like they have been for the past 2 games, then they definitely got a shot.

vCash
    I wouldn't be worried about the Houston game, I think they'll handle them. But against the 49ers they could definitely struggle offensively.

It's amazing how you don't realize that an offense is doing amazing when they don't have any guys on pace to break any single season records.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolollort View Post
    one game at a time young padawan...that's the patriots way. Records doesn't equate to wins. Winning is all they care about.
    Yeah for the teams, that's how they have to look at it. What's wrong with us speculating though?

vCash
    you toss these 37s and 50s around like they are a forgone conclusion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j11430 View Post
    Yeah for the teams, that's how they have to look at it. What's wrong with us speculating though?
    oh...well in that case. probably not, I don't think they'll eclipse that mark. They'll probably fall short by about 25 points.

PSD's Shane Vereen.

vCash
    if they were barely on pace to break it with gronk, who is clearly their best offensive weapon, i think his absence causes them to fall short
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Only if they played the Jets each week.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolollort View Post
    oh...well in that case. probably not, I don't think they'll eclipse that mark. They'll probably fall short by about 25 points.
    Yes but you forget Hernandez has been out almost the full year and he stretches the defense out a lot more than Gronk does. Gronk is a huge loss but having Hernandez back helps alot.

vCash
    patriots are the best team in the NFL again. its amazing the different level that franchise is on compared to everyone else. tom brady > all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    patriots are the best team in the NFL again. its amazing the different level that franchise is on compared to everyone else. tom brady > all.
    Honestly, I was laughing at all the fools that started questioning that team after their slow start this year.

When you have Tom Brady, a stacked surrounding cast, an awesome offensive system and Bill Belichick, you're never out of it. They've been doing this same **** for a decade now in a division that is currently a choke after them.

vCash
    If the defense continues to make strides towards improvement and continue to create turnovers, then the Pats may just do it. It will be very interesting to see how the Pats perform versus Houston and San Francisco.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast