Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    I agree. Carey (if they're using him at CB) will probably be cut whenever Greenwood officially comes back
    I say Logan gets cut first. Carey will go when Florence returns.

There are gonna be some more cuts coming ahead of us if we are in a situation where Greenwood returns, Florence returns and by some off chance Best passes a concussion test next week Tuesday. Then you have to cut three players.

I say they will be:

Stephon Logan
    Don Carey
    Jacob Lacey

Ricardo Silva has played too well to put him back on PS over cutting Lacey IMO. Kevin Smith could also find himself out if Lacey is saved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    I say Logan gets cut first. Carey will go when Florence returns.

There are gonna be some more cuts coming ahead of us if we are in a situation where Greenwood returns, Florence returns and by some off chance Best passes a concussion test next week Tuesday. Then you have to cut three players.

I say they will be:

Stephon Logan
    Don Carey
    Jacob Lacey

Ricardo Silva has played too well to put him back on PS over cutting Lacey IMO. Kevin Smith could also find himself out if Lacey is saved.
    I think Alphonso gets cut before Lacey. So Probably Logan, Carey, Smith unless Greenwood just stays on pUP the rest of the year so he doesn't take a roster spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    I think Alphonso gets cut before Lacey. So Probably Logan, Carey, Smith unless Greenwood just stays on pUP the rest of the year so he doesn't take a roster spot.
    Your right!!

I forgot that fool was back on the team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Lions fans always complain about the off the field stuff with the players and then want to bring in a guy involved in legal issues the prior offseason and currently suspended for drugs, lol.
    I don't get it either.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    I have been a critic of Mayhew in drafting players with character issues but given our needs in the secondary with Bentley out, this may have been a move I would have taken a look at.

I'm not talking abot some "pedestrian" talent like Nick Fairley or Aaron Berry who shows up every once in a while but basically is an average player that acts up all the time, Aquib Talib is a top 10 CB in this league when he is 100%

I have not seen the Patriots make a bad trade in a long time. They obviously see something there. If the pick traded was a mid to late rounder, you tell me how you could have better used that pick in the draft?.....for another Johnny Culbreath or Tom Toone??
    Albert Haynesworth, Chad Johnson, no bad trades in a long time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    Albert Haynesworth, Chad Johnson, no bad trades in a long time?
    Julian Peterson, Alphonso Smith, Kevin Barnes

Yeah, we're not battin' 100% either.

My point was tho that for the price (it was a 4th round pick and the Patroits got a 7th round pick in return) it may have been worth looking at.

Be brought Mike Thomas in for a 5th round pick. No one in JAX is sorry to see him leave. This is just as big of a gamble as a 5th round to TB for Talib. I know Talib has baggage, but he has talent and is only due 788,000 this season; Mike Thomas makes more than Talib.

BTW, I do think the Mike Thomas trade was a good idea. I think he does have more talent than his stats show but when you play around a bunch of bums all day, every day sometimes you can't help but to blend in. I would have been happy if both trades went down for us.
    Last edited by mc18641; 11-02-2012 at 07:54 AM.

vCash
    I did not say we were batting 100%...you made the claim that they did not make and bad trades. Sorry but the claim is wrong and proven wrong.

Plus lets take a look at his history its not just a dui here a speeding ticket there these are very violent things he is accused of

Talib has had several conduct related issues since his NFL career started. At the NFL rookie symposium in July 2008, Talib was involved in a fistfight with fellow Buccaneers rookie Cory Boyd. On August 20, 2009, Talib allegedly battered a taxi driver, and he was arrested by Florida Highway Patrol and booked into the Pinellas County jail, charged with resisting arrest without violence and simple battery. In March 2011, police in Garland, Texas issued a felony warrant for Talib for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after accusing him of firing a gun at his sister's boyfriend.
    Last edited by garnotm; 11-02-2012 at 11:36 AM.

vCash
    We dont need any more thugs... Period..

Don Carey tho? Chip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12