Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Lions sign Don Carey, place Bentley on IR.

Lions placed CB Bill Bentley (shoulder) on injured reserve, ending his season.
    Bentley went down against the Eagles in Week 6 and it appears he'll need surgery to repair a dislocation. The Lions will move forward with Chris Houston and Jacob Lacey as their starting corners. Bentley, a third-round rookie, should be healed in plenty of time for the offseason program.
    Lions signed DB Don Carey.
    Carey was with the Lions in camp before getting released with an injury settlement. He's on as secondary depth with Louis Delmas (knee) banged up again, Amari Spievey (concussion) in doubt and Bill Bentley (shoulder) out for the year.
    rotoworld

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    holly ****, this happens every year just go get some legit dbs!!!! xavier rhodes! eric reid! desmond trufant! jesus christ!

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    who the heck is don cherry Im mean drew carey I mean Don Carey he sounds like a mr irrelvant canidate
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash
    Well that sucks, so does Carey

Not Even Fair #BTFD

vCash
    Another former Jag

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trailer park View Post
    holly ****, this happens every year just go get some legit dbs!!!! xavier rhodes! eric reid! desmond trufant! jesus christ!
    I'm not familiar with those other guys, but Jesus Christ is a shut down DB who would be awesome on out team.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 tackles sacks ints
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Must be someone better at S than Don Carey. Bring back Sean Jones..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trailer park View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    I'm not familiar with those other guys, but Jesus Christ is a shut down DB who would be awesome on out team.
    Xavier Rhodes was recruited as a WR at Florida State but was converted to CB his freshman year. He struggled at first but has adjusted really well. Opposing QB's are afraid to throw his way. As a redshirt freshman he amassed 57 total tackles (48 solo, 9 assisted & 3.5 Tackles for Loss) with 4 interceptions & 12 passes broken up. As a redshirt sophomore he amassed 43 total tackles (36 solo and 7 assisted) with 1 INT, 4 passes broken up & 1 QB hurry. This year as a redshirt Junior he has amassed 25 total tackles (20 solo, 5 assisted & 1 TFL) with 2 INT & 6 passes broken up. He stands at 6' 2" and weighs 217lbs He is an excellent shut down corner.

Florida State Seminoles Overall: 14-0 ACC: 8-0 (BCS National Champions )

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 37-27-14 Pts.: 88
    Detroit LionsWelcome to Detroit Jim Caldwell!!!
    Detroit Tigers 4-1
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Good Season Boys!!

vCash
    I'd like a larger corner like that. Helps cover bigger guys like Marshall, Jones etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'd like a larger corner like that. Helps cover bigger guys like Marshall, Jones etc.
    last time Carey was here we used him at S. Or are you talking about Rhodes?

If you are, yes Rhodes would fit in very well opposite Houston. Get Tony Jefferson in the 2nd round and our secondary will be much improved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    last time Carey was here we used him at S. Or are you talking about Rhodes?

If you are, yes Rhodes would fit in very well opposite Houston. Get Tony Jefferson in the 2nd round and our secondary will be much improved.
    Rhodes. Carey is just a stop gap imo.

vCash
    Aqib Talib was just traded to the Patroits.....He has some character issues but I would have taken him at this point with Bentley out

vCash
    Lions fans always complain about the off the field stuff with the players and then want to bring in a guy involved in legal issues the prior offseason and currently suspended for drugs, lol.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Rhodes. Carey is just a stop gap imo.
    I agree. Carey (if they're using him at CB) will probably be cut whenever Greenwood officially comes back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Lions fans always complain about the off the field stuff with the players and then want to bring in a guy involved in legal issues the prior offseason and currently suspended for drugs, lol.
    I have been a critic of Mayhew in drafting players with character issues but given our needs in the secondary with Bentley out, this may have been a move I would have taken a look at.

I'm not talking abot some "pedestrian" talent like Nick Fairley or Aaron Berry who shows up every once in a while but basically is an average player that acts up all the time, Aquib Talib is a top 10 CB in this league when he is 100%

I have not seen the Patriots make a bad trade in a long time. They obviously see something there. If the pick traded was a mid to late rounder, you tell me how you could have better used that pick in the draft?.....for another Johnny Culbreath or Tom Toone??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast