Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    I dropped the 2nd game after playing it for about an hour. The gameplay was just balls and had no challenge. Terribly easy with no depth. I DID enjoy the first but I felt no improvement in the 2nd and no real reason to continue playing. Felt very cliche. Terrible thing happens to a family member and he's out for revenge....big bad boss known 5 mins into the game. Just no motivation.
    Honestly though isnt that just about every game? Or for that matter every game? I mean sure its all a little different, but for the most part you know the bad guy within the first hour.

While different games Mario and Link are pretty much the same thing.

I guess its just different strokes but just making my argument. I definitely can't see it as the worst game ever though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poodski View Post
    Honestly though isnt that just about every game? Or for that matter every game? I mean sure its all a little different, but for the most part you know the bad guy within the first hour.

While different games Mario and Link are pretty much the same thing.

I guess its just different strokes but just making my argument. I definitely can't see it as the worst game ever though.
    Ahhh not all games. Yes Mario+Link are examples where this is true but I'm not crazy about Nintendo games either...too formulaic

From a design/polish standpoint it isn't the worst game ever, ill agree. However compared to the expectations the series had to what it actually delivered....it's one of the worst experiences that sticks out in my memory.

vCash
    I could name objectively bad games like SMAN64, but I tend to avoid those types. Very rarely do I buy a game I DONT enjoy. I didn't like the total war series but I could see where it has its charms.
    Hm ok, I actually Played that game, my brother bought it back when it came out, I think I never got far, the controls are sooooooooo bad the gameplay is stupid and the Fog.......... How something like that was ever released is beyond me.

Now a days I rarely get a game that I really dislike. From the newer ones I still have to say Uncharted had horrible gameplay, the design team of the shooting parts should never ever find a job again.

I loved the Total Wars series at least the ones that worked. Empire was terrible at release.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    Superman 64 is really one of the worst I ever laid my hands on, that thing is straight garbage.
    WWF Attitude or maybe it was a different WWF game, that was horrible.
    There were some really bad games on my PC and NES but don't ask me about Names would need to do some digging.
    The company that made Superman 64, Titus Games, I think it's called, did a Superman game for the original gameboy and it's supercrap as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post

@Iansnightout
    I don't know played it on Hard and honesty outside that you now have a button to take cover it wasn't that much different then the 1st two, on the harder difficulties you always strafed in and out of cover on the hard parts, and that was what i did in MP3 for the most part. You can play it on normal or easy and go out guns blazing it works fine, and with enough reloading you can do most parts with nearly no cover usage.
    I honestly only spammed the cover system on incredibly hard parts on the hardest difficulty. The shoot dodge system and bullet time made it so you didn't have to use cover..

vCash
    I don't buy games unless I know they're given awesome ratings, recommended by multiple friends, or I'm a huge fan of the series. So, besides when I'm at a friends', I don't play many bad games. Some of the worst I've played though:

Army of Two 2 - Couldn't stand this game, game play is just awful and slow
    Halo Odst - probably doesn't deserve to be here but compared to the other Halo games and how excited I was for this I'm still upset about wasting time and money on this
    Fable 3 - I somewhat enjoyed the second Fable so I gave this a chance and hated it
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    I honestly only spammed the cover system on incredibly hard parts on the hardest difficulty. The shoot dodge system and bullet time made it so you didn't have to use cover..
    Cover systems I can still tolerate.

The biggest step back the last 5 years in game development has been the regenerating health model. That has single-handedly made me quit most FPS's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Well, being that Max Payne has always been an in your face, action packed, 3rd person SHOOTER. I think thats to be expected. I'd be pretty pissed if the game consisted of anything else. Max Payne 3 had flawless gameplay, imo. I thought the cutscenes and storyline provided solid spacing between shooting sequences.

If this is really the worst game you've ever played you must've played like, 5 games in your lifetime, and they were all incredible.
    I don't play games I know I won't like. I had never played Max Payne and it sounded fun. I was hugely mistaken. I lost interest after the first five minutes. I still played, but was bored out of my mind.

I usually stick to the GTA, Skyrim, Fallout and a few sports games. That's about it.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Recently.... hm, Gears 3 I guess
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash

vCash
    Madden 10

vCash
    Prince of Persia (Ps3) and Prototype are the only games that i've bought and gave up after like 10 minutes... I usually play everything but those are the only 2 games i couldn't find any interest to play...

vCash
    Cover systems I can still tolerate.

The biggest step back the last 5 years in game development has been the regenerating health model. That has single-handedly made me quit most FPS's.
    I agree. I don't mind PARTIAL health regeneration, but to go from almost dead to 100% health in a matter of seconds, without any kind of regen, is stupid. Luckily, Max Payne kept it real in that regard with the painkillers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    I don't play games I know I won't like. I had never played Max Payne and it sounded fun. I was hugely mistaken. I lost interest after the first five minutes. I still played, but was bored out of my mind.

I usually stick to the GTA, Skyrim, Fallout and a few sports games. That's about it.
    Ok. That makes a little more sense because you have no nostalgia surrounding or love for the originals. But i still say you were playing the game WRONG. Its meant to be fast paced, over the top, run and gun to the fullest. Especially on the first couple difficulties. It isn't until the hardcore mode and **** that you actually need to utilize the cover system. And even then its still fun to just try to dive over tables and balconies and try to pull of some classic Max Payne thrills.

vCash
    Fable series. Pure garbage. Easy gameplay with no real depth.
    Seriously? Guess it's too mainstream.

Our QB > Yours

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast