Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Apple IPAD

vCash

Apple IPAD

Thinking of getting my wife this for a our 5th year anniversary, but I don't know much about it. I see they have the Ipad mini which is about 7.9" display while the normal size Ipad is 9.7" display. For you who have it, do you use up most of the space on it? They have 16, 32 or 64 GB? Or how do you use it and which would you recommend especially to take on vacation?
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    I have an iPod, but I assume the two aren't much different. I got some advice when I was looking for one. It was "When it comes to technology, buy the best that is under your budget." In the end, it all depends on what you plan on doing with it and what you'll use it for. My aunt says she loves watching movies on it. I would recommend taking it on vacation, especially on a plane, just because you could pass the itme so many ways with it.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I have an iPod, but I assume the two aren't much different. I got some advice when I was looking for one. It was "When it comes to technology, buy the best that is under your budget." In the end, it all depends on what you plan on doing with it and what you'll use it for. My aunt says she loves watching movies on it. I would recommend taking it on vacation, especially on a plane, just because you could pass the itme so many ways with it.
    Cool thanks. I am just not sure if I want to get her the bigger 9.7 display or the mini 7.9 display. Probably get her a 64 gb as well because she will probably use it more than pc.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Cool thanks. I am just not sure if I want to get her the bigger 9.7 display or the mini 7.9 display. Probably get her a 64 gb as well because she will probably use it more than pc.
    Well I for one think the Mini is crap. It is overpriced and the specs suck compared to the Kindle Fire HD or the Nexus 7. However, the 9.7 inch ones are nice. The iPAD 2 is pretty good, especially since it is low in price now after the 3rd and 4th models came out.

vCash
    How does the data plans work? For instance if I am on a cruise ship or another country like Canada or Germany or something like that and I have my data plan for the ipad, does it just use the mb still or would I have to get some roaming plan as well.
    - Michael Jordan

vCash
    I really like my iPad (2) that I got. I have the 32GB and its the right storage range for me. I don't have a data plan and I don't miss having one. It is a device that I don't use when I'm not somewhere without wifi.

I don't recommend the iPad Mini. It is basically a big iPod touch more than an iPad.

The data plan functions similarly to a cell phone plan, I believe. So there would be roaming or you can (again I believe) schedule ahead of time to add international data to your plan. I believe that you can do this for a limited time period, ie for a two week vacation and then remove it.
    Member of the Owlluminati!