Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Woodyard Named AFC Player of the Week

http://predominantlyorange.com/2012/...nsided_uppprev
    For the second time this season, a Denver Broncos defensive player was named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week.

Linebacker Wesley Woodyard almost made the game look too easy with his 13 tackles, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble, 1 sack, and 2 deflected passes against the New Orleans Saints in week 8.

The bye week certainly helped the entire defense regroup, and there was no bigger beneficiary than Woodyard.

“We were able to get fresh,” Woodyard said after the game. “We were able to get back, sit down, and work on the mistakes that we made in the first six weeks.”

Woodyard gave credit to his defensive line which “clicked,” and gave him the chance to move around making plays.

The six year linebacker undrafted out of Kentucky has been filling in for suspended linebacker D.J. Williams. Woodyard leads the team with 61 tackles through 7 games. He also has 3 sacks, 2 interceptions, and a forced fumble.
    The last time a Broncos linebacker had multiple interceptions in one season was in 2004 when Al Wilson did it.

Woodyard joins Tracy Porter in player of the week honors this season. Porter got the honor after his week one performance against the Pittsburgh Steelers which was highlighted by his pick-6 to seal the game.

Woodyard is in the lineup to stay even when Williams returns. Talk about making the most of an opportunity. It couldn’t have happened to a better guy. Williams is just the second Denver Bronco to be named team captain in his first five seasons in the league.

vCash
    Great news! Completely deserved.

vCash
    I am glad to hear this. Woodyard is a great player and its the reason that I like him so much. I may be a bit too strong into him but he truly is a defensive stud.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Well deserved and I am glad were getting great play on both sides of the ball!!

vCash
    Gooooooooood Jooooooooob Wesley!!! Now keep it up
    Broncos fan since 1989C:\Documents and Settings\William\My Documents\My Pictures\william.jpg

vCash
    I think Woodyard should be our full time weak side LB. Once Williams returns, they should move him back to the middle. Can rotate with Brooking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jt1bui View Post
    I think Woodyard should be our full time weak side LB. Once Williams returns, they should move him back to the middle. Can rotate with Brooking.
    This.
    We then turn what was one of our biggest weaknesses earlier in the season into a relative strength.

vCash
    Woodyard is a straight up baller. The kid is all over the field and has in incredible sideline to sideline speed. His instincts are getting better and better.

I honestly like Von pass rushing most of the game with Woodyard, Keith (DJ), and trevathan playing LB. But i think the Nickel is our best formation...with trevathan and woodyard providing speed at LB and having Chris Harris in instead of one of our garbage MLBs is a big plus.

vCash
    Good job. Keep it up woody

vCash
    Have always liked Woodward. Plays bigger than he is. Trevathan reminds me of him a lot.
    "Nobody makes me bleed my own blood..... Nobody!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by odie333 View Post
    Have always liked Woodward. Plays bigger than he is. Trevathan reminds me of him a lot.
    Trevathan looked pretty good on a side note!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by odie333:24151431
    Trevathan has the potential to be far better in coverage than woody, but it remains to be seen if he can consistently be around the ball like woody is. Trevathan is almost glued to the guy he is covering. Its really impressive to see his coverage skilss... espescially being a rookie linebacker.

vCash
    YUP, I said day one trevatjan is our best cover lb, just watching him in college he dominated the sec. If he was bigger hed been a first round pick