Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Official Lakers Email Regarding DirecTV and Lakers Channel

I received an email last night from the Lakes about how DirecTV and Cox have decided not to provide the Lakers channel. Not sure if they meant just yesterdays game or throughout the season....the email is not very clear.

vCash
    Here's the email

Lakers TV Provider Update

Dear Lakers Fans,

Tonight marks our first regular season game on Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes, our new local TV homes. In addition to Lakers games, these networks have live daily Lakers shows including the social media-driven "#LakeShow," a weekly behind-the-scenes documentary show called "Backstage: Lakers," classic Lakers programming, expert analysis from Lakers legends and much more.

We want all fans to enjoy this immersive Lakers experience and were excited last week to announce that AT&T U-verse, Charter and Verizon FiOS joined Bright House Networks and Time Warner Cable as providers of Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes. We are delighted to start the season on our new TV homes and excited for all that they will bring to Lakers fans.

Unfortunately, as we tip off tonight against the Portland Trail Blazers, DirecTV and Cox have elected not to carry the new networks. We are disappointed but thrilled that, through our new partners at AT&T, Bright House Networks, Charter, Time Warner Cable and Verizon FiOS, their consumers and our fans will have choices to follow us on and off the court.

If you have already reached out through www.iwantmylakers.com or 855 4 MY LAKERS to tell your provider that you want to watch the Lakers on Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes, we thank you. Each fan is an important part of this process, so please continue to make your voices heard.

Sincerely,
    The Los Angeles Lakers

vCash
    "Unfortunately, as we tip off tonight against the Portland Trail Blazers, DirecTV and Cox have elected not to carry the new networks."

So vague on whether it's temporary or long term...but it smells long term
    Tanking is the act of giving up a match or "throwing it away", losing intentionally or not competing.

This is not tanking...

Podcast

vCash
    **** you Direct TV!!

I'm dropping direct TV once my contract is up.

R.Kelly

drip
    drip
    drip

vCash
    Im not even a lakers fan but im from cali and i want to see the games. Smh at direct tv.

vCash

You mother ****er!!!!!!!!!!!! Dropping directv they are ****ing mother cracking bill ******** ***** *** donkey horse **** !
    llullz

vCash

****!
    llullz

vCash
    I still love you Direct TV! It's Time Warner that I despise...

vCash
    How come they didn't mention Dish Network? What's the status on that?

vCash
    I live in So cal and get NBA league pass. But funny how they still wont show the Laker games. I usually only would watch them after the Heat games, but I did call Direct TV and got a bunch of free credits complaining that I cant watch the Lakers now. I may not be a fan, but I am a fan of free items.

I do suggest trying to find a good site online or even getting the league pass online (not sure if Laker games will be blacked out there). They are blacked out here for me cause I am within the local market. the bottom line is someone is going to lose money. Either Direct TV and Dish by customers canceling, or Time Warner for not getting enough customers. I still feel they are both dumb for not coming to a agreement.

vCash
    I have Comcast, and pay for League Pass, and when I went to watch the game last night on NBA TV there was a screen that said the game will not be carried locally because of contract negotiations! I'm in Seattle!

vCash
    I've watched the last two games. Trust me, you haven't missed anything...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by foonaka View Post
    I've watched the last two games. Trust me, you haven't missed anything...
    Actually, you might be able to sue for pain and suffering. And malpractice.

Pretty good punitive damages for a malpractice claim, and I'm reasonably confident that any jury in the Los Angeles area would convict in about two seconds.

vCash
    Im on this one as well.

I have DirecTV & got League Pass the last couple years as Im in San Diego & want to watch the Lakers.
    Its worked great.
    BTW the Lakers territory is defined as southern california, nevada & new mexico per DirecTV.

Last nights game was blacked out on NBA TV. Total bullsh**t.
    Im assuming my $179 NBA package is now worthless to me as I cant watch ANY Laker games? Can someone please verify if that is correct?

Directv: tell me how my ***** tastes!

vCash
    I live in Miami will I still get the Lakers if I order league pass?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast